Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Forget April I am not seeing any march movement yet

Forget April I am not seeing any march movement yet

Old Feb 24th 2005, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

victorgreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forget April I am not seeing any march movement yet

Hi All,

Why is the processing so slow. Some 15 days back we saw some movement in march processing but of late even that has stopped. There are still many march applicants who havent recd med request. If this pace goes on i feel it will take another 2 months for april applicants!!!!! Any comments

Regards

Victor
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Forget April I am not seeing any march movement yet

i'm sure you will hear soon. our ack was 08/03/04 and we received med etc requests about a month ago. if you are keen to speed things up it might be worth going ahead with getting the police check done (its only a tenner and takes a couple of weeks to come) and booking your meds. in our experience, unless you are able to go to london, there can be a 3 or 4 week wait for a med appointment (we went to cambridge but i suspect they were more costly than some others) and waited 3 weeks for the appointment. you could save yourself a bit of time if you want to risk paying to go ahead with meds before you get request. or you could book the appointment and cancel if no letter. check first of course there's no charge for cancelling! private doctors love to charge. ours told us this was her retirement hobby. i nearly choked.

good luck

Victor[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

victorgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks. If we see austimeline even today (24/2/2005) we can see that only 10-12% of march applicants have got med requests. Rest have either not got or not updated.

Not seen many got its or med requests also recently. Hope things speed up. I think its high time DIMIA stop processing the POST july applications & finish off with the Pre July/April ones first.

I can understand the pre april applicants --- they had 115 points so they can't make much noise also ..........but I really pity the post 14 april applicants who scored 120 points but are still waiting. Hope Dimia processes all pre july applications soon

Regards,

Victor
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:49 am
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: Forget April I am not seeing any march movement yet

Hmmm...
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:48 am
Just Joined

andyfromus is an unknown quantity at this point

ya victor rightly said even after having 120 points these post 14 april guys are suffering they shld hav been given a chance to reapply after july changes without charging a fee or their appl shld have been processed with july ones.

I feel injustice is being done to these post april ones. post july ones r getting theirs in 3-4 months whereas even after having 120 points these are suffering. Really sad

andy
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:20 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by andyfromus
ya victor rightly said even after having 120 points these post 14 april guys are suffering they shld hav been given a chance to reapply after july changes without charging a fee or their appl shld have been processed with july ones.

I feel injustice is being done to these post april ones. post july ones r getting theirs in 3-4 months whereas even after having 120 points these are suffering. Really sad

andy
Hi All

Its a good discussion but let me ask you all is there anything we can do about it.

I do agree that there are few people from March still waiting for meds. but there are lots of people who forget to update thier timeline.
It also depends on the region from which the application is sent.

I do feel bad for the people who have to go for 120 points and still not in the post july queue.
Well we never know how things turn. Lets be positive. We have seen march applications slowly getting the meds request.

Finally it also depends on the CO some of them are quick and some slow.

As we all know and the based on the email reply from DIMIA they have allocated all the march applications to the CO.
Its just a matter of time that the CO works through his/her pile

Badri