Fitter TRA help

Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:48 pm
doncaster....to....perth

midds will become famous soon enough
Smile Fitter TRA help

Hi all
Having read many posts on here and i'm still puzzled regarding the TRA,
Im almost ready to send docs off and im looking for some advice before i do.
I completed a formal apprenticeship for which i have signed proof copies and also day release to college for 3 1/2 yrs for which i have various c&g papers,nvq'setc which should account for my 900hrs of training ,but even though they have dates on all following on they dont actually say how many hours i studied for each year but i managed to get a signed declaration from the employer stating that i did day release
What my query is...does the apprenticeship and day release go under formal training on the tra form and what does vocational training mean?
Also anyone who has passed this recently..does it look promising lol
Im sorry to have gone on but just a bit puzzled..if we get pass the TRA then we are using an agent but just have to see if this passes
hope someone can help cheers mark
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

MRS G will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fitter TRA help

Originally Posted by midds View Post
Hi all
I completed a formal apprenticeship for which i have signed proof copies and also day release to college for 3 1/2 yrs for which i have various c&g papers,nvq'setc which should account for my 900hrs of training ,but even though they have dates on all following on they dont actually say how many hours i studied for each year but i managed to get a signed declaration from the employer stating that i did day release
What my query is...does the apprenticeship and day release go under formal training on the tra form and what does vocational training mean?
Im sorry to have gone on but just a bit puzzled..if we get pass the TRA then we are using an agent but just have to see if this passes
Hi Mark

I passed TRA in S/metal I put apprenticeship down for formal and c and g as vocational training and i think its Q 5 put down other things learned after apprenticship

Hope this helps and good luck
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:01 pm
doncaster....to....perth

Thanks for that mrsg..deep down i thought it was the right way to fill it in but just couldnt get my head round it lol...not a lot to put in for vocational but need pages for formal lo...thanks again
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Hi all
Hi Mark

We have just passed TRA for a fitter on 17/12/07.

Question 3: tick yes, then was the training undertaken as part of a formal apprenticeship, tick yes then part time study as day release. Fill in section 3 as study/further education i.e. C&G and NVQ. On the original form we put first qualification then put each additional qualification/course on seperate papers.

No:4 Apprenticeship Have you completed an apprenticeship, yes you have so tick. We were then advised to tick verbal as no indentures involved just C&G and ONC etc. Formal Training is the apprenticeship/work experience.

Hope this helps if not pm me.

Good luck Lou xx
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Hi all
Are you using a migration agent? mine helped me complete all mine, had no bother at all.
steve
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:28 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I know a few fitters/turners,metal machinst's over here and no one has had any difficulty's passing their TRA.

As far as I know all of them have got their apprenticeship papers..
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

michaelgwq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loubiegreen View Post
Hi Mark

We have just passed TRA for a fitter on 17/12/07.

Question 3: tick yes, then was the training undertaken as part of a formal apprenticeship, tick yes then part time study as day release. Fill in section 3 as study/further education i.e. C&G and NVQ. On the original form we put first qualification then put each additional qualification/course on seperate papers.

No:4 Apprenticeship Have you completed an apprenticeship, yes you have so tick. We were then advised to tick verbal as no indentures involved just C&G and ONC etc. Formal Training is the apprenticeship/work experience.

Hope this helps if not pm me.

Good luck Lou xx
Though I havn't sent my tra materials yet, I think you are right.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:37 pm
doncaster....to....perth

hi there thanks to all the replies,i think im almost done now that i have an idea how others have done it,just attached more paper...thanks again ..no doubt ill be in touch again cheers mark