Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

First Round of 189, 489 Invitations for 1 August

First Round of 189, 489 Invitations for 1 August

Old Aug 24th 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

afmamoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First Round of 189, 489 Invitations for 1 August

Originally Posted by Bizkut
3 weeks into August and still no report...wierd. Anyone got any news on this?
And it is 24th of August and still no report. Come on DIAC, are you gonna publish something on 31st of August.

By the way if anyone can confirm that when would be next round of selection. On 1st of September ?

Regards,

Fraz
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:57 pm
Telecom Expert

ahmaddd2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by afmamoon
And it is 24th of August and still no report. Come on DIAC, are you gonna publish something on 31st of August.

By the way if anyone can confirm that when would be next round of selection. On 1st of September ?

Regards,

Fraz
Result has been posted . Check :
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...eport-2012-08/

And now some people who are being state sponsered are already being invited by Skiselect to apply for their application. All the best to you.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

navali_fb06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am a bit confused about the new skillselect system. It considers the applications in the order of date and time. So, it means the people who apply in next couple of months (for example in December) they will never get the invitation even if the occupation ceilings are still empty. Main reason is the number of applications coming in every month.

As per 1st report, 8500 applicants have applied. Now they will remian in the waiting list for next 2 years and will have high priority based on "First Come First Serve" Basis.....Every month the number of application will keep on increasing.

For example, i have 75 points and I apply in December due to delay in assessment. Now there will be huge list of applicants (approx. 10000 x 5 months = 50000 applicants on the avergae). Every time system runs the selection, it will always first select the person from this big database of 50K people on top of my application and my turn will come only if my points are more and seats are available....which seams impossible...

Seniors PLEASE GUIDE...
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by navali_fb06
Hi,

I am a bit confused about the new skillselect system. It considers the applications in the order of date and time. So, it means the people who apply in next couple of months (for example in December) they will never get the invitation even if the occupation ceilings are still empty. Main reason is the number of applications coming in every month.

As per 1st report, 8500 applicants have applied. Now they will remian in the waiting list for next 2 years and will have high priority based on "First Come First Serve" Basis.....Every month the number of application will keep on increasing.

For example, i have 75 points and I apply in December due to delay in assessment. Now there will be huge list of applicants (approx. 10000 x 5 months = 50000 applicants on the avergae). Every time system runs the selection, it will always first select the person from this big database of 50K people on top of my application and my turn will come only if my points are more and seats are available....which seams impossible...

Seniors PLEASE GUIDE...
Guide with what?
Old Aug 29th 2012, 1:17 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Seniors PLEASE GUIDE...
But not everyone will be after the same positions, or with the same points - surely the people with the biggest problems are those that are only just meeting the points requirements. Someone applying in December for one category with 75 points is likely to be selected before someone who applied in July with 60 points. Or am I reading that wrong?
Old Aug 29th 2012, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

jackliz5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a senior in fact, but let me try.

It is true that, the invitations will be first come first serve basis but if the occupation ceiling is empty for any occupation i.e. accountant, then the applicant will be invited because it is not necessary that even the DIAC receives number of application they all are accountants. They will be receiving applications for different occupations not for single one.

once occupational ceilings filled the remaining will have to wait for the next financial year. it is not necessary that, all applicants will have to wait for next 2 years, many of them might get invitations.

yes, due to implementation of occupational ceilings, it is going to be longer but not for sure how long, it may take 1 year or 2 years you never know that. once ceilings filled for any occupation, the remaining have to wait for next year(s) depends on their EOI number.

Please note that, i have just tried to explain to maximum extent i know, but only god knows what will happen.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

It seems that the people having 60 or 65 points have a very less likely chance to get an invitation?

Ok my understanding about this is; the criteria for sending the invitation is based on two factors.

1. On first come and first server basis
2. And then on the basis of highest points.

So if I have e.g. 75 points, and I applied in September, someone applied in October with 75 points then whenever I will be selected, it would be before the one who applied in October.

But what will happen if someone with 80 points applied in October; if he will be selected before me due to having higher points ?

Regards,

Fraz
Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

mariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

As per 1st report, 8500 applic

Seniors PLEASE GUIDE...
Its quite a simple process-

- occupation limit not reached
- check points (more the merrier)

only if there is tie, date of application matters

To add per the report for Aug on SkillSelect there are not many applicants with 75 or more.

Cheers!

Last edited by mariner; Aug 30th 2012 at 8:08 am.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

jackliz5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I just seen the following table and wondering that those lucky 10 who got invitations for Skilled - Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional) are mentioned as Family Sponsored. So i am confused that, whether they are actually sponsored by a family member or a state government?

Visa subclass Invitations for 1 August
Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) 90
Skilled - Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional) - Family Sponsored 10
Total 100

Moreover, as per the latest announcement here also stating that 100 invitations will be send for the Skilled Regional (Family) Sponsored (subclass 489) visa comprising 50 on 1 September and 50 on 15 September.

Hence, are they inviting only sponsored from a family member for 489?

I also astonished to learn that, the DIAC is allocated only 10% for 489 regional visas while 90% for 189 of the total invitations for september round, on the other hand they are encouraging and wishing people to live and work in regional australia. How do they can expect increase of population in regional areas if not inviting and granting a visa designed for regional australia only?

Thank you.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 6:05 am
Just Joined

pradeepborah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackliz5
Hi

I just seen the following table and wondering that those lucky 10 who got invitations for Skilled - Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional) are mentioned as Family Sponsored. So i am confused that, whether they are actually sponsored by a family member or a state government?

Visa subclass Invitations for 1 August
Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) 90
Skilled - Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional) - Family Sponsored 10
Total 100

Moreover, as per the latest announcement here also stating that 100 invitations will be send for the Skilled Regional (Family) Sponsored (subclass 489) visa comprising 50 on 1 September and 50 on 15 September.

Hence, are they inviting only sponsored from a family member for 489?

I also astonished to learn that, the DIAC is allocated only 10% for 489 regional visas while 90% for 189 of the total invitations for september round, on the other hand they are encouraging and wishing people to live and work in regional australia. How do they can expect increase of population in regional areas if not inviting and granting a visa designed for regional australia only?

Thank you.
I am wondering why they have posted this at SkillSelect support? Whatever it's a good news that there are 1000 invitation, bad news that I have not received the invitation. Crossing my fingers for September 15 roll out.

http://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/2...tation-rounds/

Announcement – September 2012 SkillSelect Invitation Rounds
System Update

During September, the next rounds of invitations to apply for skilled migration through SkillSelect will be made. Invitations to apply will be issued under the Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) and the Skilled Regional (family) Sponsored (subclass 489) The first round of invitations will occur on 1 September and the second round will occur on 15 September, covering 1000 invitations in total (500 each).

The breakdown of invitations by visa subclass and date of release will be as follows:

· 900 invitations for Skilled Independents (subclass 189), comprising 450 on 1 September and 450 on 15 September; and
· 100 invitations for the Skilled Regional (Family) Sponsored (subclass 489), comprising 50 on 1 September and 50 on 15 September.

The invitations will be issued to the highest point scoring Expressions of Interest (EOIs) submitted in these subclasses. Where there is a tie in points scored, invitations will be issued from the time at which they reached their current point score in that subclass.
Clients that have been invited will receive a notification sent to their email address, as well as in their SkillSelect inbox.

For more information on the results of the previous invitation round, and for information on State and Territory nominated visa invitations (subclass 190 and 489), please see the following link:

Old Sep 6th 2012, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

I have also filled EOI for Visa Class 489 with 65 points and didn't get the invitation. God knows; who have got the invitation? And still they haven't published any report.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 1:59 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pradeepborah
I am wondering why they have posted this at SkillSelect support? Whatever it's a good news that there are 1000 invitation, bad news that I have not received the invitation. Crossing my fingers for September 15 roll out.

http://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/2...tation-rounds/

Announcement – September 2012 SkillSelect Invitation Rounds
System Update

During September, the next rounds of invitations to apply for skilled migration through SkillSelect will be made. Invitations to apply will be issued under the Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) and the Skilled Regional (family) Sponsored (subclass 489) The first round of invitations will occur on 1 September and the second round will occur on 15 September, covering 1000 invitations in total (500 each).

The breakdown of invitations by visa subclass and date of release will be as follows:

· 900 invitations for Skilled Independents (subclass 189), comprising 450 on 1 September and 450 on 15 September; and
· 100 invitations for the Skilled Regional (Family) Sponsored (subclass 489), comprising 50 on 1 September and 50 on 15 September.

The invitations will be issued to the highest point scoring Expressions of Interest (EOIs) submitted in these subclasses. Where there is a tie in points scored, invitations will be issued from the time at which they reached their current point score in that subclass.
Clients that have been invited will receive a notification sent to their email address, as well as in their SkillSelect inbox.

For more information on the results of the previous invitation round, and for information on State and Territory nominated visa invitations (subclass 190 and 489), please see the following link:

Welcome to the forum.

I assume they've published it as general information for those interested in when the next lot of invites are being sent.

I have also filled EOI for Visa Class 489 with 65 points and didn't get the invitation. God knows; who have got the invitation? And still they haven't published any report.
Yes they have. Here it is. It's under the tab called 'reports'.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 1:59 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 6th 2012, 2:00 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Welcome to the forum.

I assume they've published it as general information for those interested in when the next lot of invites are being sent.

Yes they have. Here it is. It's under the tab called 'reports'.
Snap!!! Must have both hit post at the same time
Old Sep 6th 2012, 2:01 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Snap!!! Must have both hit post at the same time
Great minds think alike!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.