British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   first police check back (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/first-police-check-back-247534/)

threlly Aug 9th 2004 10:56 am

first police check back

Hi there,
well on friday we received our police checks back from OZ, we posted them on 23/07/04 thats only 14 days. very fast considering at least 5/6 days of this time involved flying back and forwards to oz. very impressed with the service, now i just have to wait for the UK police checks to come back. I wonder how long they will take? they were also posted on the 23/07/04.

do i just send the original police checks to my agent now? should i also photocopy them first and get them certified? (just in case). or do i just send certified copies to my agent and keep the originals.

cheers

Stewie Aug 9th 2004 11:21 am

Re: first police check back

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi there,
well on friday we received our police checks back from OZ, we posted them on 23/07/04 thats only 14 days. very fast considering at least 5/6 days of this time involved flying back and forwards to oz. very impressed with the service, now i just have to wait for the UK police checks to come back. I wonder how long they will take? they were also posted on the 23/07/04.

do i just send the original police checks to my agent now? should i also photocopy them first and get them certified? (just in case). or do i just send certified copies to my agent and keep the originals.

cheers

Hi threlly
Our request letter from DIMIA states that they need the original Police check.
Good idea to copy them first before posting though.

SuperSeagulls Aug 9th 2004 11:35 am

Hi threlly,

Yep, they definitely need the originals. I doubt they would even accept certified copies if they went missing in the post, but is a good idea to copy them.

SS

JayDeee Aug 9th 2004 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi threlly,

Yep, they definitely need the originals. I doubt they would even accept certified copies if they went missing in the post, but is a good idea to copy them.

SS

I dont know about the Aussie 1 but when you photocopy the British one it says Fake all over it (special something in the paper to stop people beng able to forge it same as it does with a bank note

You need to send the original

Kala

claire edwards Aug 9th 2004 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi there,

cheers

Take copies of both and send agent originals of OZ and UK police checks, we did.