first entry date

Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

makido is an unknown quantity at this point
Default first entry date

We are at the final stage of our visa process, at least we think so. It has been more than 14 months since we applied and all requested documents were sent to ASPC.
My husband needs to stay here by November or December this year in order to finish his university studies.
If we get our visas soon, our validation date will be around mid November 2008, because of my medicals.
Is it possible to email the ASPC region 5 team now (since we do not have the email address of our CO) to ask whether it is posssible to extend the time until the possible first entry date although we still know nothing about the outcome of the whole process?
We are desperate and don't know what to do.

thanks, M.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first entry date

Originally Posted by makido
We are at the final stage of our visa process, at least we think so. It has been more than 14 months since we applied and all requested documents were sent to ASPC.
My husband needs to stay here by November or December this year in order to finish his university studies.
If we get our visas soon, our validation date will be around mid November 2008, because of my medicals.
Is it possible to email the ASPC region 5 team now (since we do not have the email address of our CO) to ask whether it is posssible to extend the time until the possible first entry date although we still know nothing about the outcome of the whole process?
We are desperate and don't know what to do.

thanks, M.
To extend the time for validation you will need to do it before the visa is granted, and almost certainly yhe only way to do it is to redo the Med/pcc so that they have a later date on them.
You do not actually have to move permanently to Australia to validate, you can do it with a quick trip, and get the next plane back if necessary.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
To extend the time for validation you will need to do it before the visa is granted, and almost certainly yhe only way to do it is to redo the Med/pcc so that they have a later date on them.
You do not actually have to move permanently to Australia to validate, you can do it with a quick trip, and get the next plane back if necessary.
Thank you for your reply!
We know we do not need to move permanently to AU, but we cannot afford a short trip over there just to validate.
I think I am going to do the medicals again. Do I need to inform the ASPC region 5 team and ask them to inform my CO about our plans? If we don't do that, could it happen that we are granted a visa in the meantime, after doing medicals again and before the results rached our CO?

Last edited by makido; Sep 5th 2008 at 7:12 am.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

In an ideal world you should be able to email the DIAC and ask if you can undertake new medicals and wait for a go ahead from your case officer.

But there is no guarantee that DIAC will answer your email within time, so my advice would be to get in touch with your case officer or the relevant regions asap and explain the situation. And tell them that you will be undertaking new medicals in order to extend the initial entry date.
Make sure you keep a copy of your email.

If you do not receive a reply send the email again, and again make sure you keep the email.

Then email again once you have completed your medicals to confirm when the medicals were completed and sent off. Again, keep a copy of your email.

If the DIAC do grant the visa with an initial entry date based on your first medicals then at least you will have plenty of scope to argue that they were informed about your predicament and about the fact that you have submitted new medicals, and the initial entry date should therefore be changed.

Cheers
Old Sep 6th 2008, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, we will do that. This is obviously the only way.

thanks, M.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Veronika
In an ideal world you should be able to email the DIAC and ask if you can undertake new medicals and wait for a go ahead from your case officer.

But there is no guarantee that DIAC will answer your email within time, so my advice would be to get in touch with your case officer or the relevant regions asap and explain the situation. And tell them that you will be undertaking new medicals in order to extend the initial entry date.
Make sure you keep a copy of your email.

If you do not receive a reply send the email again, and again make sure you keep the email.

Then email again once you have completed your medicals to confirm when the medicals were completed and sent off. Again, keep a copy of your email.

If the DIAC do grant the visa with an initial entry date based on your first medicals then at least you will have plenty of scope to argue that they were informed about your predicament and about the fact that you have submitted new medicals, and the initial entry date should therefore be changed.

Cheers
Hi, an update:

today we received an email from our CO (she replied very quickly) saying that she was able to extend our initial entry date (it is January 9, 2009). 5 hours later, we received a grant letter saying that we cannot change the date.

What should we do? we have already sent an email to our CO again asking her about this.

If they do not respond in, say, 7 days, is there a timeframe when you need to have visa stickers in your passports???