Finances on entry Help!!!!!!

Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Finances on entry Help!!!!!!

Hi all can anyone help with some urgent advice please?

It seems every 1 step forward we take 3 back and after nearly 20 months of trying and stuck in the middle of the investment bond fiasco imagine our joy to find a state sponsorship this morning.....

Our agent has informed us its under a subclass 176 however as our original application was before sept 07 and was a 136 this application is to be granted under subclass 137.

Hope your sticking with me here.......

One of the obligations of the state sponsorship according to the letter is that we transfer $750,000 into an account into the country.....Something currently beyond our means (we had to list our current estate in our application once all sold which amounts at best to around 120k (uk) )

Has the dream gone again for us? ....we have been bouncing around the house all day after the telephone call this morning but sit here now feeling absolutely devastated that the final condition of the visa is beyond our reach....

Can any agents advise please or has anyone else come up against this please
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all
Default Re: Finances on entry Help!!!!!!

Sounds a bit odd - my state sponsorship for Victoria didn't require any money to be lodged anywhere.

Which state is this for?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rushmere
Sounds a bit odd - my state sponsorship for Victoria didn't require any money to be lodged anywhere.

Which state is this for?
Its for Western Australia..........

It was a bolt from the blue as we hadnt heard anything or were made aware of any money transfers ect....... We do so hope this is'nt right......
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

For my sponsorship for Victoria, I had to tell them how I expected to cover the relocation costs, but that doesn't involve actually depositing any money anywhere.

I've had a quick look at the Western Australia skilled migration site at http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/?page=skilled-migration and it does say you have to "Bring sufficient funds into the State to cover settlement costs", but I can't see any reference to actually having to lodge any funds anywhere. Are you sure they are asking you to deposit money rather than just advising you how much money you should have to relocate?

Perhaps someone else who has applied to WA for sponsorship can offer some advice?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perhaps someone else who has applied to WA for sponsorship can offer some advice?[/QUOTE]

Cheers Rush' Ive just read the booklet in the link and the only reference they make is 'sufficient funds' no mention of a sum or a verification of a sum?

Once again i can only hope this is a glimmer of hope to make us all feel better this evening and hopefully have answered questions tomorrow by the agent
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Let us know what your agent says, you've got me curious now!

I think you'll be OK - I doubt very much that you would have to deposit such a large sum of money as a condition of sponsorship.

Good luck!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:25 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd be asking your agent to send you a copy of the letter from the state asking for the money. I've never heard of such a thing personally. Is it maybe a fee for your agent for obtaining you state sponsorship? Check it out for sure, 'cause it just don't sound right to me.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I think I'd be asking your agent to send you a copy of the letter from the state asking for the money. I've never heard of such a thing personally. Is it maybe a fee for your agent for obtaining you state sponsorship? Check it out for sure, 'cause it just don't sound right to me.
Thanks all for your help hopefully Jan 14th will bering some good news
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

the bond for a retirement visa is $750000

maybe someone is getting mixed up.

G
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:04 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Sponsorship approval letters from WA will list an amount of money you are expected to transfer to WA - this is usually based on the amount that you indicate you will transfer in your application form for state sponsorship. Did you list 120k or 750k in your application form?

Your best bet is to speak to your agent - they should be able to sort this out for you.

Cheers

Sara
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pomerz
Thanks all for your help hopefully Jan 14th will bering some good news
I am sure you are mixing up visa classes...there is no such requirement for 176 class visa....maybe this is requirement of some other class of visa....i am 100% sure for 176 class state will not ask you to transfer even 1$ to any account...they just require proof that the sufficient money is in "ur own" bank account ..( its no where near 750,000$...the requirement isaround 25,000$)...

Just double check eveything...its a lot of money ur talking about...beware of any fraud too...be safe!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

One hell of a fee ?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saraliz
Sponsorship approval letters from WA will list an amount of money you are expected to transfer to WA - this is usually based on the amount that you indicate you will transfer in your application form for state sponsorship. Did you list 120k or 750k in your application form?

Your best bet is to speak to your agent - they should be able to sort this out for you.

Cheers

Sara
Hi Sara When you say 'expected' does that mean you have to prove this or is this an signed agreement to say you are not going to become destitute within the first say 24 months of your stay (ie i have funds sufficient to stay once i enter the country).
We did state a figure of our estate on application but it wasnt 750k and was only when we sold all up which we do intend to do but are not in this position right now!!!

Thanks all for your comments they are all very much appreciated

Matt Rach n Ole'
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomerz
Hi Sara When you say 'expected' does that mean you have to prove this or is this an signed agreement to say you are not going to become destitute within the first say 24 months of your stay (ie i have funds sufficient to stay once i enter the country).
We did state a figure of our estate on application but it wasnt 750k and was only when we sold all up which we do intend to do but are not in this position right now!!!

Thanks all for your comments they are all very much appreciated

Matt Rach n Ole'
Rach, double check with your agent that he hasn't mixed your file up with someone else. I read it to say $750, not $750K. As Grayling said, the $750K figure is the bond for retirement investor visa, not 137.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

What was the outcome in the end? Interested to know...