Final payment for contributory parent visa

Old Jan 1st 2012, 2:50 pm
wannabejillaroo

jillany is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Final payment for contributory parent visa

I received my Contributory Parent visa and moved to Australia in April 2010. I had to return to Canada in April 2011 later and am still here. I plan on applying for the final visa before the temporary visa expires in April 2012 returning to live in Australia once I have things finally sorted out here. Does anyone know if there is a time line that I have to return there once the final part of the residency permit is established as was the case with the temporary visa.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: Final payment for contributory parent visa

Originally Posted by jillany
I received my Contributory Parent visa and moved to Australia in April 2010. I had to return to Canada in April 2011 later and am still here. I plan on applying for the final visa before the temporary visa expires in April 2012 returning to live in Australia once I have things finally sorted out here. Does anyone know if there is a time line that I have to return there once the final part of the residency permit is established as was the case with the temporary visa.
You will probably find that you will be asked to complete another police check(s) as they are only valid for 12 months. You normally then get one year from the date of the police check to validate your visa, ie enter Australia. You then get 5 years from the date of visa grant to move permanently to Australia, although it is advised that you do this within 3 years in order to avoid complications should you need to leave Australia again.