Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

FILLED IN WRONG APPLICATION !! CAN ANYONE HELP?!

FILLED IN WRONG APPLICATION !! CAN ANYONE HELP?!

Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

manzipoo will become famous soon enough
Default FILLED IN WRONG APPLICATION !! CAN ANYONE HELP?!

My husband a nurse, applied for sponsership visa online in Dec 09.
Just realised its the wrong one, he should be applying for 175!!
Is there anyway we can change it, or do we have to start from scratch?
Is there anyone out there that can advise.
We don't want to go through an agent, due to expense!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FILLED IN WRONG APPLICATION !! CAN ANYONE HELP?!

Originally Posted by manzipoo
My husband a nurse, applied for sponsership visa online in Dec 09.
Just realised its the wrong one, he should be applying for 175!!
Is there anyway we can change it, or do we have to start from scratch?
Is there anyone out there that can advise.
We don't want to go through an agent, due to expense!
Do you mean he applied for the 176?

What did he put in the bits where it asks for sponsor details?

Don't worry about it too much, if it was the 176 that he applied for I am sure it can be easily sorted as it is the same visa class. I would send a PLE I think.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

he tells me its a 175, permenant residency visa.?
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

he tells me its a 175, permenant residency visa.?

Sorry you lost me. What did you apply for and what did you mean to apply for?
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:06 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

You said applied for sponsorship visa..which I suppose you applied for 176? If yes then its fine.

But then if you wanna apply for 175..thats no sponsorship at all.

And if you didn't have sponsorship then how could you apply for a visa that clearly says sponsorship in the name.

Or do you mean that you wanted to apply for 176 (sponsored) but applied for some other one like Regional sponsored?
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

CRIKEY, how confused are these messages!! Its hard enough for me and I am not filling them blasted visas in!!

To repeat.. My hubbi applied for a 457 sponsorship visa. But he wanted a 175.
Does that make any sense??

He has started from scratch now, not sure what he has applied for or how long it will take, but maybe this time next year
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:20 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

CRIKEY, how confused are these messages!! Its hard enough for me and I am not filling them blasted visas in!!

He has started from scratch now, not sure what he has applied for or how long it will take, but maybe this time next year
Wow..those two visas are like poles apart.

Now that your husband is applying for 175, I wish him good luck. And if his skills are on CSL then you can expect to get ur visa within next 6 to 8 months.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That is hardly "a repeat"

You said he applied for a sponsored visa, you didn't mention the 457, which is one of many sponsored visas ... we are not psychic and could not possibly have known which one you were talking about! I certainly would not have guessed at the 457 though.

Anyway yes, you would need to start from scratch as the 457 and 175 are not even remotely similar and you seem to have worked this out already.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Amit1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
That is hardly "a repeat"

You said he applied for a sponsored visa, you didn't mention the 457, which is one of many sponsored visas ... we are not psychic and could not possibly have known which one you were talking about! I certainly would not have guessed at the 457 though.

Anyway yes, you would need to start from scratch as the 457 and 175 are not even remotely similar and you seem to have worked this out already.
Maybe the OP does not know that there can be different types of sponsorship visa's like 457, 176, ENS etc. :-)
Old Mar 14th 2010, 11:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amit1981
Maybe the OP does not know that there can be different types of sponsorship visa's like 457, 176, ENS etc. :-)
Maybe not, but the original post just said "sponsored" which left an awful lot to guesswork on behalf of those responding.

To the OP - a 457 is a temporary sponsored visa.
A 175 is a permanent residence visa.
Very very different I'm afraid. There are so many visa typoes that with your initial info no-one could've been sure what the answer should be. Having said that, I am quite surprised that he managed to apply for a 457 without the relevant sponsorship documents, as there are certain things that have to be filled in, such as the empoyers name and reference.
I would suggest that you call DIAC and try and sort it out, as the 175 requires a completely different application, medical, police checks, and fees.