Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Filing PR by our own after moving to Australia on TSS

Filing PR by our own after moving to Australia on TSS

Old Dec 18th 2018, 5:16 pm
sdg
Just Joined

sdg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filing PR by our own after moving to Australia on TSS

I am getting sponsorship from an Australian company, who is ready to file my visa under TSS 186, I know which does have a pathway to permanent residency [as per company : After I work with them for three years I will be eligible to apply for permanent residency under the Subclass 186 Transition Stream Visa ]. However I would like to check,

1. what are the chances of getting PR in this class?
2. What might be the possible hurdle I can face?

3. Am I eligible to file PR by my own after completing 1 year with the company and claiming that 1-year work experience points?
4. Can I switch jobs on this visa class TSS 186? Does new company have to again sponsor me and does it reset my counter again for the next 3 years?

5. Can I call my parents in Australia, when I am on TSS 186 visa, how long they can stay on a tourist visa and are there any option to get a visa for longer term for parents?
Old Dec 18th 2018, 10:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing PR by our own after moving to Australia on TSS

Originally Posted by sdg
I am getting sponsorship from an Australian company, who is ready to file my visa under TSS 186, I know which does have a pathway to permanent residency [as per company : After I work with them for three years I will be eligible to apply for permanent residency under the Subclass 186 Transition Stream Visa ]. However I would like to check,

1. what are the chances of getting PR in this class?
2. What might be the possible hurdle I can face?

3. Am I eligible to file PR by my own after completing 1 year with the company and claiming that 1-year work experience points?
4. Can I switch jobs on this visa class TSS 186? Does new company have to again sponsor me and does it reset my counter again for the next 3 years?

5. Can I call my parents in Australia, when I am on TSS 186 visa, how long they can stay on a tourist visa and are there any option to get a visa for longer term for parents?
To look at a lng term visa strategy like this you really should speak to an agent. Rules can change at any time and you need the best and most accurate info possible.
If you qualify for a PR visa you can apply for it whenever you like, as soon as you meet the eligibility requirements for that visa. With several PR visas on offer, thats where an agent can help. You may find you do not need sponsorship.

As for calling your parents......the terminology is wrong, calling your parents means phoning them.
What you mean, I guess, is when can your parents visit you in Australia? The answer is as soon as they apply for and are granted a tourist visa. You do not need to be on a PR visa for them to be able to visit you. However you cannot sponsor them on a Parental Visa util you have PR and are settled here - that again should be discussed with an agent.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 11:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing PR by our own after moving to Australia on TSS

In USA Green Card EB-2 queue, should I move to Australia on TSS 482?
You really don't need multiple threads asking the same things.