fiance visa

Old Mar 9th 2001, 1:14 pm
Phillip

I am applying to sponsor my fiance to Australia. Can anyone help me with these questions?

My fiance is Russian. Does anyone know what the processing time is from Moscow? My fiance
has marketable qualifications and experience. Does this help with the application? Does
having all the relevant documents speed up the processing? Does her skills in English
affect the processing of her application? Is it likely she will have to attend an
interview in Moscow?

Phillip

Old Mar 11th 2001, 11:44 pm
Rob McCulloch

Hello Phillip, Just finished all this.. God grant you Patience!! Latest that I am aware of
for a processing time was 39 weeks - about 9 months, Though a preganacy seems to go more
smoothly! In our experience Education and work skills and experience matter little.
Contrast your fiance' to other women who immigrate from other countries with far less
sophisticated Economies and Education systems - and they still get Prospective spouse
Visa's. You must have all the reqested documents - and it's best to send them all with the
initial application. Including the Police clearance certificate which your Fiance will
need to get from the Militia for the Rayon where she is registered. Don't underestimate
the time that it will take to get the Senior Militioneer to actually write this form for
her. She will absolutely have to be Interviewed, because she is Russian! One of Mr
Ruddicks "added-on" Ministerial pieces of edict.! Maybe this will change when/if Mr
Ruddick becomes the opposition spokesman for Immigration.?? Furthermore, also because she
is Russian, in the final stages of the processing you will be required to submit a form 80
giving DIMA at Moscow Embassy the right to submitt all her particulars to Canberra for a
"Security Service" check! Presumably by Asio. This check can take an additional 3 weeks so
give them the form 80 with the original application because with the slowness/uncertainty
of Russian mail services it could add several weeks to the processing time if they have to
mail her to submit it. This check I am told is peculiar to Russian Federation citizens and
does not apply to say Ukranians, Kazakstani's etc. ?? Where does your Fiance' live,, This
will determine if Moscow Embassy interview her in Moscow - or interview her when their
'operatives' travel around Russia doing these 'interviews' to obey Mr Ruddicks directive.

There's lots more you will discover as you proceed - dealing with the Moscow Embassy is
"an experience" in itself! If we can help - please Email us .. [email protected]

Good luck to you two......

Phillip wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >