A few quick (hopefully!) questions!

Old May 8th 2010, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all
Smile A few quick (hopefully!) questions!

We are in the middle of collating all our evidence to apply for a de facto visa for me. OH already has PR. Although I am currently on WHV I have now landed myself a permanent job so need to get my application filled out correctly with all my evidence first time round if poss as now counting down my time in my job without it!!

Have had a search on here for the answers but think im just confusing myself!!!

1. What happens if you dont know any Australian citizens who can write you a stat dec? The only aussies we know are people we have met since moving here five weeks ago! Presumably they cant state the length of our relationship etc???

2. I already have a UK police clearance due to my old job but do I send off for an aussie one myself or does the DIAC form authorise them to check on my behalf???

3.Do family friend stat decs from back in the UK have to be on the form provided or are hand written/emailed letters accepted???

Thanks
Elmo
Old May 8th 2010, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

ollydt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A few quick (hopefully!) questions!

I can only help for Q2; as long as the ACPO certificate is less than a year old I think it is all okay.
Old May 8th 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all

Ive been advised i will need an aussie one aswell but i dont know whether i can apply for that now anyway or whether i have to wait until my visa app is lodged
Old May 8th 2010, 5:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elmo2552
Ive been advised i will need an aussie one aswell but i dont know whether i can apply for that now anyway or whether i have to wait until my visa app is lodged
You can apply for the Aussie (AFP) one now. As for the Stat Decs - pget a couple from Aussies, and get some from people back hie as well who can write more about the relationship - you can add a cover note to say you haven't known any Australians longer than XX weeks.
Old May 9th 2010, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can apply for the Aussie (AFP) one now. As for the Stat Decs - pget a couple from Aussies, and get some from people back hie as well who can write more about the relationship - you can add a cover note to say you haven't known any Australians longer than XX weeks.
Thats great Pollyanna, thanks for that.

Not that I would expect it to be simple or easy(otherwise everyone would be doing it!) but this application is doing my head in!! Grrr