A few questions....

Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:47 am
Just Joined

nicola1303 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile A few questions....

Hi I'm new I have introduced myself on the main forum.

My DP was born in Melbourne so is sponsoring me, we have 3 children who will be granted citizen by descent.

We are slowly filling in all the relevant forms as we don't want to miss anything out, my questions are:

On my form (47 SP) I have filled in our children's details as required but I also have to fill in citizen my descent forms also, so I'm in a muddle....do I just fill in everything and send them all together or write on that I have filled in details on my form?

The statements required to ' prove ' our relationship....who can/should we ask?

What proof should we send ( Are 3 children not proof enough )

We aren't married (yet! ) but have been engaged for 8 years and will marry eventually ( when we win the lottery lol ) so do we need extra proof?

I'm sure I'll be back with loads of other questions so I will apologise now

Thanks in advance.

Nicol, Jamie and children.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few questions....

Originally Posted by nicola1303
Hi I'm new I have introduced myself on the main forum.

My DP was born in Melbourne so is sponsoring me, we have 3 children who will be granted citizen by descent.

We are slowly filling in all the relevant forms as we don't want to miss anything out, my questions are:

On my form (47 SP) I have filled in our children's details as required but I also have to fill in citizen my descent forms also, so I'm in a muddle....do I just fill in everything and send them all together or write on that I have filled in details on my form?

The statements required to ' prove ' our relationship....who can/should we ask?

What proof should we send ( Are 3 children not proof enough )

We aren't married (yet! ) but have been engaged for 8 years and will marry eventually ( when we win the lottery lol ) so do we need extra proof?

I'm sure I'll be back with loads of other questions so I will apologise now

Thanks in advance.

Nicol, Jamie and children.
As far as I'm aware since your children don't need visas you don't put them on the 47SP as applicants. Only you. Your children are/will be citizens, so will travel on their Australian passports.

For proof of relationship you can provide some photos of your family together, statutory declarations from family and friends, copies of bank statements, rental lease or mortgage documents with both names on them, wills, etc. Simply having 3 children together doesn't necessarily prove a genuine ongoing relationship.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 12:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No, you definitely don't put the children on the application form. It's only you as they are already citizens.

As for the proof of relationship, although you've been together for ages and have the children, you still need to explain how the relationship started, when it became defacto, show proof of bills in joint names, wills naming each other, mortgage in both names or rental, photos (not many, just a few over the years), obviously the births of the children. You need to explain how you work as a couple, how you support each other when down or struggling with stuff.

You should get two Australian Stat Decs (Form 888) from Australian friends and family. Other stat decs can come from anyone and don't need to be on an official form and don't need certifying by a JP (as the 888 do).

Me and him had been together for about 24 years and had two girls of 12 and 10 at the time of application, whilst I had to cut down on loads of info - would have sent DIAC to sleep here is a copy of a post I did listing everything I sent in. The only thing that has changed is that you no longer have to both do a statement, you can now do a joint one.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

nicola1303 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: A few questions....

Thanks

Money penny, this may sound really stupid but my DP is a police officer so he will have clearance, can his Sergent/a co-worker give a statement?

I am a qualified Nursery Nurse and have worked for the local council and in a hospital ( albeit at least 9 years ago ) so I will need Police checks.

Also I am returning to college in September to do a learning support/classroom assistant course, will this be recognised or not?

I was hoping that when Isabelle ( our youngest ) is in nursery I would go back to work

I really need to start sorting through all our paperwork and shred stuff or file it for sending with the forms

Nicola, Jamie and children.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola1303
Thanks

Money penny, this may sound really stupid but my DP is a police officer so he will have clearance, can his Sergent/a co-worker give a statement?

I am a qualified Nursery Nurse and have worked for the local council and in a hospital ( albeit at least 9 years ago ) so I will need Police checks.

Also I am returning to college in September to do a learning support/classroom assistant course, will this be recognised or not?

I was hoping that when Isabelle ( our youngest ) is in nursery I would go back to work

I really need to start sorting through all our paperwork and shred stuff or file it for sending with the forms

Nicola, Jamie and children.
Anyone can do a Stat Dec, so yes his sergent is fine.
You will need a police check regardless of where you have worked.
http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp