Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Wikiposts

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:11 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Originally Posted by it_hooker
Med, PCC and AOS requests received this morning! Yay!!
Well done - it's a great feeling, isn't it, to finally hear from DIMIA! Almost there now......

Nicky
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

We are new 138ers. I had my skills assessment done back in April, but we have been waiting for my fiancé's brother's residency to come through before he could sponsor us. It came through a few weeks back, and now we are just crossing the t's and dotting the i's before finally putting our application in. Last week I was expecting it to be in by the end of this week, this week I am saying the end of next week, I hope I am right! here always seems to be another little detail which causes an extra delay though!

Nice to hear how other people are finding the 138, most people on this site seem to be doing 136. Good luck with your applications!

Suzi
xxx
Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:15 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I haven't forgotten my 138 roots, before we got put onto 136 after going on the MODL. And I haven't forgotten that I was kept on as an honorary 138 family member. Got our visa this morning but wanted you guys to know that I am still rooting for you and I hope all your dreams soon come true.

Anne xx
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:33 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Holy S***! I can't bloody believe this - WE'VE GOT OUR VISA!

I can't believe that after so many times reading other people’s ‘Got It’s’, we finally get to say it ourselves! I have to keep pinching myself - it doesn't seem real!

Special thanks to Donna, Debs, Nikki and Anne for all their support and empathy throughout the process - being able to share it with others who are going through the same thing was the only thing that stopped me going mad at times!

Debs, look forward to sharing a bottle of wine with you in Sydney next year!

Cheers everyone!

Nicky and Dave
Old Nov 1st 2005, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave

I can't believe that after so many times reading other people’s ‘Got It’s’, we finally get to say it ourselves! I have to keep pinching myself - it doesn't seem real!

Special thanks to Donna, Debs, Nikki and Anne for all their support and empathy throughout the process - being able to share it with others who are going through the same thing was the only thing that stopped me going mad at times!

Cheers everyone!

Nicky and Dave
Congratulations, Nicky and Dave! So nice to see another 138 got it! Enjoy the celebrations and enjoy your new life!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Cheers everyone!

Nicky and Dave
Hi

Brilliant news. Congratulations.
Sharon xx
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Cheers everyone!

Nicky and Dave
You're on Congratulations, I am so pleased for you both. PM me your email address so that we can be sure to keep in touch.

Debs
xxx
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Cheers everyone!

Nicky and Dave
OMG Nicky, i nearly missed this, i am soooooooooooo happy for you, get those passports sent off ASAP, It's a great feeling isn't it .
CONGRATULATIONS and have a great new life in Oz
Donna xx
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:47 am
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by STUBBS
OMG Nicky, i nearly missed this, i am soooooooooooo happy for you, get those passports sent off ASAP, It's a great feeling isn't it .
CONGRATULATIONS and have a great new life in Oz
Donna xx
Thanks Donna! I've now got the joy of putting the house on the market - that's a dampener if ever there was one! I'll worry about it tomorrow - I'm just in a daze today!

Nicky
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 4:23 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

from 138'er to another....just wanted to say congratulations and well done!!!

i didnt look properly, is your timeline available anywhere on BE?

good luck for your new life in sunny australia.
love
SB
xx

oops, just seen it.....you are exactly 4 months in front of us (ack 6/9/05), so by that we should have the golden ticket by end feb/beg march.....

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Nov 2nd 2005 at 4:26 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 4:34 am
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
from 138'er to another....just wanted to say congratulations and well done!!!

i didnt look properly, is your timeline available anywhere on BE?

good luck for your new life in sunny australia.
love
SB
xx

oops, just seen it.....you are exactly 4 months in front of us (ack 6/9/05), so by that we should have the golden ticket by end feb/beg march.....
Thanks SB - ours took six months from lodging the application to visa grant letter, which is pretty damn quick - I was expecting 8/9 month timeline. Does seem to depend upon your Case Officer - we were lucky with ours obviously.

You'll have your visa before you know it!

Nicky
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 4:38 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks SB - ours took six months from lodging the application to visa grant letter, which is pretty damn quick - I was expecting 8/9 month timeline. Does seem to depend upon your Case Officer - we were lucky with ours obviously.

You'll have your visa before you know it!

Nicky
OMG, i know, ive always worked on the 8/9 months timeline. you have now given me hope - hope we get your CO!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!
XX
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:27 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I posted on your other thread, Nicky, but I just wanted to add another congratulations