Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Feeling Comfortabley Numb but.... WE GOT IT!!!

Feeling Comfortabley Numb but.... WE GOT IT!!!

Old Mar 25th 2005, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default Re: Feeling Comfortabley Numb but.... WE GOT IT!!!

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
I was just getting up this morning and my agent phoned (she never phones, we communicate by email). She started by asking "How are you?", well I could just tell by the tone of her voice, then she said "I think I'm going to make your weekend!". Well of course she has made our weekend but at the moment I just feel numb. It's a really strange feeling. I thought I'd be walking round with a huge smile on my face. I think I will be when I can get my head round it and especially when our flights are booked and we know we are definately going. Some say getting your passport back with the visa in it is when it really feels real. I did have a bit of an emotional cry when she told me, but just a bit.

Listen to me, I sound like I'm not happy about it but I am. In fact I'm exstatic...I'm just...well...numb!

At least I can stop acting like such a basket case now and maybe get some of my sanity back! I'm sure I'd have been institutionalised if I didn't have all you lovely people to talk to and ask for advice so a huge THANK YOU to everyone on here.

For all those still waiting, you too will be feeling as numb as me very soon, so there's something to look forward to! Good Luck.

Rachel

Just read this back and realised what a load of waffle it is - sorry!
Hi Rachel,

Are you going to the Manchester meet, if so then see you there,
Paula..
13 April still waiting on med req.
Cheshire
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:24 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi Rachel,

Are you going to the Manchester meet, if so then see you there,
Paula..
13 April still waiting on med req.
Cheshire
We'll be there Paula

See ya tomorrow
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:54 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

ah right i see now, what kind of visa have you gone for and what profession is Gary in? Lastly i thought once you had your medicals that was pretty much a "yes" anyway - seems strange checking things out after wards, but then again who knows with these people!!

we are still in the visa form filling process so a long way to go for us yet, but its nice to know what to expect so there are no surprises!!

regards

vb2
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulatons.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:42 pm
bat
Forum Regular

bat is on a distinguished road

I was just getting up this morning and my agent phoned (she never phones, we communicate by email). She started by asking "How are you?", well I could just tell by the tone of her voice, then she said "I think I'm going to make your weekend!". Well of course she has made our weekend but at the moment I just feel numb. It's a really strange feeling. I thought I'd be walking round with a huge smile on my face. I think I will be when I can get my head round it and especially when our flights are booked and we know we are definately going. Some say getting your passport back with the visa in it is when it really feels real. I did have a bit of an emotional cry when she told me, but just a bit.

Listen to me, I sound like I'm not happy about it but I am. In fact I'm exstatic...I'm just...well...numb!

At least I can stop acting like such a basket case now and maybe get some of my sanity back! I'm sure I'd have been institutionalised if I didn't have all you lovely people to talk to and ask for advice so a huge THANK YOU to everyone on here.

For all those still waiting, you too will be feeling as numb as me very soon, so there's something to look forward to! Good Luck.

Rachel

Just read this back and realised what a load of waffle it is - sorry!

Congratulations!!!

We're favouring "Song 2" by Blur as our ideal "Got It" soundtrack! So as our med request came 11 days after yours, I hope to be pushing the play button on April 4th!

Mrs Bat
Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:25 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Originally Posted by bat
Congratulations!!!

We're favouring "Song 2" by Blur as our ideal "Got It" soundtrack! So as our med request came 11 days after yours, I hope to be pushing the play button on April 4th!

Mrs Bat
Good Luck Mrs Bat

And thanks to all of you for your congrats, we've now decided to let our house go at auction if we don't secure a buyer within the next couple of weeks. We just can't wait to go now, need to get our 14 year old settled in school to minimise the effect of the move on him. So we are franticly sorting everything out now in anticipation of possibly moving in about 6 weeks time and leaving the house with a solicitor to sell at auction. Anyone want to buy some furniture??!!!?? or a cheap 3 bed semi?

Rachel
Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:34 am
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rachel,

Just remember us when you are out there and please keep posting. It could be like an online "a new life downunder".

Neil
Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Mrs Bat

And thanks to all of you for your congrats, we've now decided to let our house go at auction if we don't secure a buyer within the next couple of weeks. We just can't wait to go now, need to get our 14 year old settled in school to minimise the effect of the move on him. So we are franticly sorting everything out now in anticipation of possibly moving in about 6 weeks time and leaving the house with a solicitor to sell at auction. Anyone want to buy some furniture??!!!?? or a cheap 3 bed semi?

Rachel
Hi Rachel

Firstly congratulations on your great news. I remember reading your post and getting completely paranoid about a work visit for my Husband!!! We are in East Didsbury, where abouts are you??

I do worry if we finally get in how will I react, I imagine it is easy to get carried away with the notion of emigrating and the drama of waiting and coping takes over your life, but when faced with the reality of leaving family and familiarity does it overshadow everything you have worked towards?

Having just spoken to my Dad this morning who lives in Australia, I am on an up day, wish they could all be days like this!!!!

I suppose you can only deal with those issues if and when the visa arrives!

Good luck anyway and great thread!

Nikki
Old Mar 30th 2005, 3:30 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
Hi Rachel,

Just remember us when you are out there and please keep posting. It could be like an online "a new life downunder".

Neil
Neil - how could I forget about you lot?!? This is definately an experience I won't forget in a hurry. Scarred for life!
I'm not as totally addicted to this site as I was, too much to do, but I keep checking for 'got its' from those still patiently waiting.

Nikki - I seem to have gone on a bit of a downer. I think it's all the worry of sorting everything before we go and the reality has hit about leaving people behind. I think my little Nephew wonders why I keep staring at him! I want to be excited but I can't until everything's done. I'm bad enough when we're just going on our hols, I only get excited when we get rid of the baggage at the airport cos then you know that if you've forgot anything it's too late to worry about it. I'm a Cancerian though, born worrier!!!

Rachel

Nikki, I'm in North Manchester at the mo but soon to be Brissie, Ahhh!