Fee Refunded --- Thanks to George Lombard

Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

MSadiq is just really niceMSadiq is just really niceMSadiq is just really niceMSadiq is just really niceMSadiq is just really niceMSadiq is just really niceMSadiq is just really niceMSadiq is just really nice
Default Fee Refunded --- Thanks to George Lombard

Hi,

I submitted 175 VE, last month and after a week I realized that one must have done IELTS before submission of an application. I thought one can attach result later on as I sat in my IELTS one week or so after submission of my application. Silly me!!!!

Users on BE told me that my application would be rejected straight away as it was done to many applicants, i thought of refunding and launching a new application with refunded money. Almost everyone told me on this forum that my fee won't be refunded as it did not happen earlier to anyone (atleast on this forum).

Then came George Lombard, he advised me to sent a request of refund with appropriate reason. He told me that my application is in early stage so its possible that my fee would be refunded. So, I did the same. My case was sent to jury/delegate and after few weeks my refund was approved and I received an email from DIAC that my refund has been approved and it has been forwarded to finance department for processing. I will get a refund in a few weeks.

Thanks to George Lombard for his excellent advise. I must appreciate him as he is such a nice person that I asked him about his fee or charges about the advise and time spent on my case but he did not mention any and gave me sound advise. It is really amazing!!!

Thanks to George and BE.

Regards,
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fee Refunded --- Thanks to George Lombard

Originally Posted by MSadiq
Hi,

I submitted 175 VE, last month and after a week I realized that one must have done IELTS before submission of an application. I thought one can attach result later on as I sat in my IELTS one week or so after submission of my application. Silly me!!!!

Users on BE told me that my application would be rejected straight away as it was done to many applicants, i thought of refunding and launching a new application with refunded money. Almost everyone told me on this forum that my fee won't be refunded as it did not happen earlier to anyone (atleast on this forum).

Then came George Lombard, he advised me to sent a request of refund with appropriate reason. He told me that my application is in early stage so its possible that my fee would be refunded. So, I did the same. My case was sent to jury/delegate and after few weeks my refund was approved and I received an email from DIAC that my refund has been approved and it has been forwarded to finance department for processing. I will get a refund in a few weeks.

Thanks to George Lombard for his excellent advise. I must appreciate him as he is such a nice person that I asked him about his fee or charges about the advise and time spent on my case but he did not mention any and gave me sound advise. It is really amazing!!!

Thanks to George and BE.

Regards,
to George!

I know they have made some changes recently to the process for trying to obtain refunds - certainly it used to be virtually impossible! Its good to know that DIAC are becoming more flexible over it, and thanks for the feedback as it could be useful to others in your position
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice

that's great news....does this mean DIAC is getting more considerate?
Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:01 am
Just Joined

corleone is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm yah think they will refund visa apps opf people with reasons that includes have been waiting too long and plans have been messed up because of them?
Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks to George and BE.

Regards,
Great news MSadiq. I remember how stressed you were! I am glad you took immediate action and DIAC refunded fees which now allows you to make a proper application.

Cheers,
Sylvia
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corleone
hmmm yah think they will refund visa apps opf people with reasons that includes have been waiting too long and plans have been messed up because of them?
Plans shouldn't really be made until confirmation exists of a successful application. Also what constitutes too long? Depends on how keen someone is to move to Aus I guess.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future

Hi,

Thanks to George and BE.

Regards,
AOA,

O That is Great News. Thanks to Allah Almighty.

Please be careful next time & Pray for all of Us.

Allah Hafiz
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

effkay is an unknown quantity at this point

for George Lombard!!!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itprofessional
AOA,

O That is Great News. Thanks to Allah Almighty.

Please be careful next time & Pray for all of Us.

Allah Hafiz
Sorry, but what does Allah have to do with it? The refund was given by DIAC, an agency of the Australian government.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:25 am
>40
Forum Regular

>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sorry, but what does Allah have to do with it?
Thanking Allah is as appropriate as thanking God or anyone else believed to be involved in the matter. Surely this is a personal choice as to whom one wishes to thank.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:09 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sorry, but what does Allah have to do with it? The refund was given by DIAC, an agency of the Australian government.
yeah.. keep religion out of immigration forum or ask Allah for advice..

Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >40
Thanking Allah is as appropriate as thanking God or anyone else believed to be involved in the matter. Surely this is a personal choice as to whom one wishes to thank.
I think DIAC, the Immigration Minister, George Lombard (for his excellent advice to the OP), the jury/panel who decided are responsible.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

vsnb is an unknown quantity at this point

Zealots on BE. Sweet
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

I lodged my 176 family sponsored visa in December 2008, non-CSL etc.

Judging by this:

Q11 My application does not fall into one of the priority categories. When can I expect to have my application finalised?

If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

I'm not likely to get granted until end of 2011 and my 457 expires in July 2011.

How do I go about trying to obtain a refund, I lodge my visa without an agent's assistance.

Cheers,

Mel.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:38 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. It's entirely appropriate to thank Allah, given that Allah is god, it just means thank god. I think the Arabic expression is alhamdullah.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.