Fee for 175 visa with wife as dependent

Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice
Default Fee for 175 visa with wife as dependent

Hi All,

I got my ACS positive assessment with MODL. I am now proceeding with visa.

I have a query.. how much will the visa application cost for applying including my wife in the application? Will I have to pay another $3510 if I am applying for wife as dependent? She is an accountant, is it possible to show her skillset or her show her IELTS score to show her as a co-applicant or so? Please advice..

If no, if I apply for my wife later after I am granted the visa, is it OK?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fee for 175 visa with wife as dependent

Originally Posted by oz_dreamz09 View Post
Hi All,

I got my ACS positive assessment with MODL. I am now proceeding with visa.

I have a query.. how much will the visa application cost for applying including my wife in the application? Will I have to pay another $3510 if I am applying for wife as dependent? She is an accountant, is it possible to show her skillset or her show her IELTS score to show her as a co-applicant or so? Please advice..

If no, if I apply for my wife later after I am granted the visa, is it OK?
There is no such thing as co-applicant, just secondary applicant. You only have to pay the second installment if your wife does not demonstrate acceptable level of English. IELTS is one way of doing it and another is demonstrating that she has studied to degree level in the english language.

It makes no sense to get your visa now and apply for a visa for your wife later, that is called making things hard for yourself.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 9:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's one fee regardless of how many applicants are on the application. If you leave your wife off and then apply for her later, DIAC will want to know why you left her off and why you are now applying for her, it makes no sense and they will likely be suspicious of what you are doing.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice

@Bermudashorts,
could you please tell me how much minimum my wife should score for IELTS if she should be considered as a co-applicant(without additional fee.) :-)

Thank you
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

To avoid paying the fee for the secondary appicant the required IELTs score is 4.5 overall ... or could be 4. My secondary applicant is English so not 100pc sure.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

For Functional English at least an average score of 4.5 in Ielts is required. This equates to a total aggregate score over the four categories of Speeaking, Reading, Writing and listening of 17.5 or better. This is average of 4.375 which is rounded up to 4.5.

All applicants are co-applicants. At least one has to meet the primary criteria. If you both nominate a skilled occupation and have required IELTS, and can both achieve the pass-mark, DIAC generally choose the one with the highest individual score as the primary applicant, now they would probably take who has the best processing priority. Both can be considered against primary criteria if necessary - e.g. the relationship breaks down during processing.

Regards

Tony