Wikiposts

Fee for 175 Skilled Independent?

Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:03 pm
nya
Forum Regular

nya is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Fee for 175 Skilled Independent?

Good morning,

I'm sorry if this is a daft question or has been discussed before. I was just looking for the fees for the 175 Skilled Independent and found the following:

Skilled - Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)
Charge Type Charge Amount
1st instalment $2060
2nd instalment $2860

The 1st instalment of the Visa Application Charge must be paid at the time of application.

The 2nd instalment of the Visa Application Charge for dependents aged 18 years or over with less than functional English must be paid before the visa is granted.

1. Am I assuming correctly that the 1st instalment is only payable by me, the main applicant, not per person, i.e. we are only paying this ONCE per application?

2. And secondly, it says 2nd instalment is for dependants over 18 bla bla. We do not have any dependents over 18 and will only have a newborn baby, so do we not need to pay the 2nd instalment at all? In other words only applicants with dependants over 18 will have to pay the 2nd instalment and we will only have to pay ONE instalment (the $2060 when we submit the application), is that right??

It just isn't very clear to me, maybe someone could clarify.

Thanks very much in advance!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fee for 175 Skilled Independent?

Hi Nya

You pay a one off application fee of $2060 in order to lodge the application. It is not charged per person.

The second instalment is for people who have adult dependents (spouse, for example) who does not meet the dependent's English Language requirement. If they cannot pass an IELTS test then they pay the second instalment in lieu.

In summary, you pay at total of $2060 for your first instalment and, based on the information in your question, you do not pay the second instalment.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:41 pm
nya
Forum Regular

nya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AHamm
Hi Nya

You pay a one off application fee of $2060 in order to lodge the application. It is not charged per person.

The second instalment is for people who have adult dependents (spouse, for example) who does not meet the dependent's English Language requirement. If they cannot pass an IELTS test then they pay the second instalment in lieu.

In summary, you pay at total of $2060 for your first instalment and, based on the information in your question, you do not pay the second instalment.
Thank you very much, all clear now! :-)
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

You're welcome and good luck with your application.