February 2008 Applicants

Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by NikiL
Its normal for payment to be taken immediately now - I had a call from Egg querying a large foreign currency charge before the page had finished coming up with the receipt!

Niki
Hi,

I also got a call from Visa regarding a foreign payment. Ours was taken out straight away.

Helena
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

Hi all,

Welcome to Langs_sydney - guess sydney is where you're hoping to head off to?

Jasb - I'm glad you've got your meds booked (I'll use this information to badger the hubby who still thinks we ought to wait a while in case it's a rush to validate)

Mairead - So you're all set hopefully, like has been said we've (hopefully) only a five six month wait; that'll take us to August and you'll be ready for the off.

Helena - I take your point about having to validate visa's and not having to rush to get it done. I know it's the sensible thing to do and the hubby will no doubt have his way and will get them sorted when they've been requested but I just want to get it all over and done with. I know it'll work out but impatience is getting the better of me.

We're going to Perth at Easter and when we originally saw agent back in October we naively asked whether there would be any chance of this being the validating visit (I bet when we left he rolled on the floor with laughter - do you reckon agents share any jokes?! ) I feel a fool now asking that one. At least we can use it as a little recce.

Didn't think it'd take over my life as much as it has done tho. How are you all dealing with it?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SammyT
Hi all,

Jasb - I'm glad you've got your meds booked (I'll use this information to badger the hubby who still thinks we ought to wait a while in case it's a rush to validate)

Mairead - So you're all set hopefully, like has been said we've (hopefully) only a five six month wait; that'll take us to August and you'll be ready for the off.

Helena - I take your point about having to validate visa's and not having to rush to get it done. I know it's the sensible thing to do and the hubby will no doubt have his way and will get them sorted when they've been requested but I just want to get it all over and done with. I know it'll work out but impatience is getting the better of me.

We're going to Perth at Easter and when we originally saw agent back in October we naively asked whether there would be any chance of this being the validating visit (I bet when we left he rolled on the floor with laughter - do you reckon agents share any jokes?! ) I feel a fool now asking that one. At least we can use it as a little recce.

Didn't think it'd take over my life as much as it has done tho. How are you all dealing with it?
We all live on here now, the real world no longer exists. Our world now exists only in acronyms such as CO, aspc, 175, 457, 176, DIAC, meds etc, not to mention the magic words "golden ticket"

Enjoy your reccie trip
Niki
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Langs_Sydney is a jewel in the roughLangs_Sydney is a jewel in the roughLangs_Sydney is a jewel in the roughLangs_Sydney is a jewel in the rough

Cheers guys, already here on a 457 and have been on it for over three years, trying to make itn a permanent arrangement......
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:27 pm
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future
Smile Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Langs_Sydney
Cheers guys, already here on a 457 and have been on it for over three years, trying to make itn a permanent arrangement......

Good luck with upgrading your Visa - I must admit I'm a bit jealous that you're already there - While I'm still waiting!!

I've just spent the day with my Mum who has just come back to UK from 2 months in Oz, on holiday, visiting her brother and sister and families. I am the most envious person in the world!!! But we'll be there soon so it'll be cool.....Sue
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi SammyT,

I know, waiting is not my strong point either But it makes sense to wait. OH and I were just thinking this morning that Feb is almost over already Time is going fast I suppose, it just doesn't feel like it is

Helena
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by helena39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi SammyT,

I know, waiting is not my strong point either But it makes sense to wait. OH and I were just thinking this morning that Feb is almost over already Time is going fast I suppose, it just doesn't feel like it is

Helena
Yep you can add me to the impatient list also. Im really hoping that we will be in Melbourne for July however its looking a bit unrealistic now. Im just hoping that some CO will pick our application up that little bit quicker as everything has been done. Mind you knowing my luck they will come back looking for additional info. Thankfully though our house appears to be getting allot of interest so fingers crossed that will be one more item ticked off the list.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mairead
Yep you can add me to the impatient list also. Im really hoping that we will be in Melbourne for July however its looking a bit unrealistic now. Im just hoping that some CO will pick our application up that little bit quicker as everything has been done. Mind you knowing my luck they will come back looking for additional info. Thankfully though our house appears to be getting allot of interest so fingers crossed that will be one more item ticked off the list.
Thats great Mairead. I will say a little prayer that you are sucessfull in selling your house. I am hoping that we have a CO by end of April. Our application went in 9 weeks ago so going on the timeline the guys on here are experencing I think end of April sounds about right
Here's hoping anyways

Helena
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:51 pm
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

Thats great Mairead. I will say a little prayer that you are sucessfull in selling your house. I am hoping that we have a CO by end of April. Our application went in 9 weeks ago so going on the timeline the guys on here are experencing I think end of April sounds about right
Here's hoping anyways

Helena
best of luck to all. Oh usually does the typing so excuse bad grammar
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:05 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Hi all,

Hi February applicants!

Just wondering what everyone's doing about selling up? Who's put the house on the market, who's waiting? Our Meds are booked first weeek in March - so this will be our date to get out by next year, if all goes to plan. That's OK, but we have a house to sell and I don't know when to do what! I'm thinking I'll wait until we have a CO before we put on the market. We've never sold up before so it's all new to me - panic panic! We really want to be there for Nov, Dec so we can get the eldest daughter into new school when the year starts. Any one in the same situation. I hate this limbo world - neither here nor there!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jasb
Hi February applicants!

Just wondering what everyone's doing about selling up? Who's put the house on the market, who's waiting? Our Meds are booked first weeek in March - so this will be our date to get out by next year, if all goes to plan. That's OK, but we have a house to sell and I don't know when to do what! I'm thinking I'll wait until we have a CO before we put on the market. We've never sold up before so it's all new to me - panic panic! We really want to be there for Nov, Dec so we can get the eldest daughter into new school when the year starts. Any one in the same situation. I hate this limbo world - neither here nor there!
Hi Jasb,

Our house has been on the market for awhile now. Thankfully within the last few weeks we have seen an increased amount of interest so I am hoping it will not be too much longer. Saying that though our situations are different as Im selling in Ireland and in a different market. The housing market in Ireland has taken a bit of a nose dive within the last year and for some time now all you hear on the radio and television is doom and gloom about the property market. Mind you in the recent couple of months this has been overshadowed by our prime ministers dodgy dealings and back handers so long may that last!!! Personally my advice is if you would like to be in OZ this year then put your house on the market now. If all comes to all and you are very very lucky and you sell it next month would you really mind renting or living with family for the next few months? The thoughts of having to live with my MIL are killing me but honestly in my opinion its worth it to have the peace of mind of not having the house to sell.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

Originally Posted by jasb
Hi February applicants!

Hi all,

Jasb - I figured that we'd wait until had medicals done to put house on market but hubby thinks we should wait until visa has been granted. If only we had control of these things hey and everything went the way we hope and expect. Good luck with what you decide!

The problem I have is that, as a teacher, I can only resign May, October and April in order give the appropriate lengths notice. I was hoping that we could put house on market after Easter and I'd resign 24th May in order for us to go during the 6 weeks summer holiday (assuming house sold during this time - it's only a modest 2 bed terraced - ideal for 1st time buyers and of course we got the 'golden ticket' as Nikil so rightly put it).

Do we take the risk in the hope our plans came to fruition or do we play it safe but then we couldn't go until Christmas when the weather is at its hottest, and as we plan to go to Perth, will it be too hot?

When I'm driving to work in the mornings, everything seems so clear and I'm thinking of everything going according to plan but then as the day goes by, I'm not so optimistic.

Mairead - Staying with MIL will seem worth it when you know whats at the end of the road I'm sure.

Helena - I hope we get CO end of April like you reckon - but who knows and as for the waiting........... I was never any good at sleeping the night before xmas and birthdays - don't suppose you was too ?

NikiL - I so agree with you about not living in the real world any more and this is the world that we'll all become so familiar with in the coming months!

Here's to a great weekend everyone - although for Langs_Sydney only one more sleep until Monday morning and back to work - lucky thing !

Sam
PS Plz don't be offended if I've left anyone out - My good wishes are sent to all!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

Jasb - I figured that we'd wait until had medicals done to put house on market but hubby thinks we should wait until visa has been granted. If only we had control of these things hey and everything went the way we hope and expect. Good luck with what you decide!

The problem I have is that, as a teacher, I can only resign May, October and April in order give the appropriate lengths notice. I was hoping that we could put house on market after Easter and I'd resign 24th May in order for us to go during the 6 weeks summer holiday (assuming house sold during this time - it's only a modest 2 bed terraced - ideal for 1st time buyers and of course we got the 'golden ticket' as Nikil so rightly put it).

Do we take the risk in the hope our plans came to fruition or do we play it safe but then we couldn't go until Christmas when the weather is at its hottest, and as we plan to go to Perth, will it be too hot?

When I'm driving to work in the mornings, everything seems so clear and I'm thinking of everything going according to plan but then as the day goes by, I'm not so optimistic.

Mairead - Staying with MIL will seem worth it when you know whats at the end of the road I'm sure.

Helena - I hope we get CO end of April like you reckon - but who knows and as for the waiting........... I was never any good at sleeping the night before xmas and birthdays - don't suppose you was too ?

NikiL - I so agree with you about not living in the real world any more and this is the world that we'll all become so familiar with in the coming months!

Here's to a great weekend everyone - although for Langs_Sydney only one more sleep until Monday morning and back to work - lucky thing !

Sam
PS Plz don't be offended if I've left anyone out - My good wishes are sent to all!

Hi SammyT,

OH does not want to put our house onthe market until we have the visa. Knowing our luck we'll have sold up and everything will go tits up with the visa What do you do then I am just hoping that by the middle of the year the housing market will improve. Like Miaread, we are also in Ireland. This is our 3rd house in 7 years so we are well used to selling/buying property....

Helena
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi SammyT,

OH does not want to put our house onthe market until we have the visa. Knowing our luck we'll have sold up and everything will go tits up with the visa What do you do then I am just hoping that by the middle of the year the housing market will improve. Like Miaread, we are also in Ireland. This is our 3rd house in 7 years so we are well used to selling/buying property....

Helena
Hi Helena,

What is it about OHs and their sense of sensibility??? I can see their point to a degree but what will happen is that visas will come through and everything will be a rush. Then it'll be our fault for some strange reason why things aren't going the way they thought it would! Men hey!!
You certainly are well used to buying/selling - haven't really looked into the process over there but have spent hours looking trawling though real estate sites on internet, bet you have too?
We've lived in rented before but this is our first bought home, we're going to miss it though and George the cat who is just the most gorgeous thing - one of the things we've had wobbles about
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Helena,

What is it about OHs and their sense of sensibility??? I can see their point to a degree but what will happen is that visas will come through and everything will be a rush. Then it'll be our fault for some strange reason why things aren't going the way they thought it would! Men hey!!
You certainly are well used to buying/selling - haven't really looked into the process over there but have spent hours looking trawling though real estate sites on internet, bet you have too?
We've lived in rented before but this is our first bought home, we're going to miss it though and George the cat who is just the most gorgeous thing - one of the things we've had wobbles about
Hiye,

We have been looking on the internet at the houses as well. We will be renting for a while and then see what we will do. We are going to GC or Sunshine coast, wherever Paddy can get the best paid job. He is a baker so I don't think he will have any problems finding a job. Where are you guys heading?? Sorry if I have asked you this before but my memory is not what is used to be

Helena

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.