February 2008 Applicants

Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:19 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Mairead
Kapri we are heading for Melbourne also and Damien loves the look of the Mornington peninsula. So you never know we may be neighbors!!! Do you mind if I ask what made you choose that area? We are in the same boat and reckon the visa will be in before the house is sold. Some cheeky so and so came in with an offer just before xmas that was 100k under the asking rice!!!! Seems to be a trend in Ireland at the moment.

ponyrama & Sammy its great that you have family out there. It really is half the battle. I'm very close to mine and see them 6 days a week and I really don't know how I will cope without them.
Hi Mairead - I've heard only good things about Mornington Peninsula and if you don't need to commute to the CBD it seems ideal.
My OH would only consider emigrating to the Melbourne area when we started the process and I have gradually narrowed it down to MP. Haven't actually been there though
Whereabouts in Cork are you? City or county? I grew up near Mallow.

Last edited by Kapri; Feb 16th 2008 at 12:20 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Thanks Kaitlin!!! At long last eh!!! Thought wed never get here.

Honestly I dont mind the wait for this one!! We still have to sell the house and I cant imagine that been finalized before June. I think the hard part was the RPL. That was filled with uncertainty. As long as the meds come back clear I cant see that there will be a problem with the application. Famous last words eh!!!!
Hey Mairead,

Guess what OH is now looking at Townsville do you know anything about it. It looks really nice and clean and you get a lot of house for your money. It is north QLD....I think its the name thats putting me off

Helena
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:15 pm
Chief Innovation Officer

stormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nice

Originally Posted by helena39
Hey Mairead,

Guess what OH is now looking at Townsville do you know anything about it. It looks really nice and clean and you get a lot of house for your money. It is north QLD....I think its the name thats putting me off

Helena
Okay boys and girls, stop the bus because we're ready to start thinking about Adelaide now we've submitted the 475 eVisa app to DIAC!

Started the long and winding process in October last year, and now the mountain of paperwork looms close. All worth it - hopefully!

Anyway, expect to see a LOT more of us round here, as we make britishexpats our second home. Oh, and the OH gets her new laptop in a couple of days, so apologies Mods if the bandwidth needed for this site starts going a bit bonkers, ha ha!

All the best and good luck everyone!

Stormy
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

bobbyrae is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello February people!

I was trying to fill in my BE timeline
http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Feb&year=08

and was wondering if where it says ack & file ref, people have actually had a file ref in their email from DIAC?

I got an email with details of:
PRIMARY APPLICANT
DATE OF BIRTH:
TRANSACTION RECORD NUMBER:
PERMISSION REQUEST ID:
LODGEMENT DATE:

but no
TRIM FILE REFERENCE

Did everyone else get this?
Cheers, Paranoid Bobby (who checks his status each day knowing full well it's not going to change!!!!!)
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Mairead - I've heard only good things about Mornington Peninsula and if you don't need to commute to the CBD it seems ideal.
My OH would only consider emigrating to the Melbourne area when we started the process and I have gradually narrowed it down to MP. Haven't actually been there though
Whereabouts in Cork are you? City or county? I grew up near Mallow.
Hi All,

I have finally gotten around to booking our meds. Mia and I will have our meds tomorrow and Damien will have his on Friday. I have also booked our xrays for this Wednesday so come Friday thats it its all done. THANK GOD!! Time to just sit back and wait for that golden email!!!

Kapri we are in Riverstick. Its about 5 min from Kinsale and about 20 min for Cork. Do you go back to Cork often?

Boobyrae I just got the same as yourself. No trim ref. number yet.
P.S glad to hear Im not the only one checking every day !!!

Helena I dont know much about townville unfortunately but there are a few BE members from that area that should be able to help. I used to live not too far away from there but never actually made it. Isnt it great to have options though!!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stormywhether
Okay boys and girls, stop the bus because we're ready to start thinking about Adelaide now we've submitted the 475 eVisa app to DIAC!

Started the long and winding process in October last year, and now the mountain of paperwork looms close. All worth it - hopefully!

Anyway, expect to see a LOT more of us round here, as we make britishexpats our second home. Oh, and the OH gets her new laptop in a couple of days, so apologies Mods if the bandwidth needed for this site starts going a bit bonkers, ha ha!

All the best and good luck everyone!

Stormy
Stormy Welcome home!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi All,

I have finally gotten around to booking our meds. Mia and I will have our meds tomorrow and Damien will have his on Friday. I have also booked our xrays for this Wednesday so come Friday thats it its all done. THANK GOD!! Time to just sit back and wait for that golden email!!!

Kapri we are in Riverstick. Its about 5 min from Kinsale and about 20 min for Cork. Do you go back to Cork often?

Boobyrae I just got the same as yourself. No trim ref. number yet.
P.S glad to hear Im not the only one checking every day !!!

Helena I dont know much about townville unfortunately but there are a few BE members from that area that should be able to help. I used to live not too far away from there but never actually made it. Isnt it great to have options though!!
Hi Mairead,

I know we can't make up our minds but I think we are going to go back to our original place...Sunshine Coast. I really had my heart set on Caloundra so thats our plan..

Helena
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Mairead,

I know we can't make up our minds but I think we are going to go back to our original place...Sunshine Coast. I really had my heart set on Caloundra so thats our plan..

Helena
"There are two very practical and human answers to the creation of man and woman. One is the man’s view; the other is the woman’s view. Are you ready? The woman’s view of creation is this: God made the man and looked at him and said, “I can do better than that,” and He made the woman. Now the man’s view is God made the beasts and man and then He rested. And then He created woman. And neither beast nor man nor God has rested since.”

Bible verse of the day: 1 John 4:11

Just call me dot cotton!!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

"There are two very practical and human answers to the creation of man and woman. One is the man’s view; the other is the woman’s view. Are you ready? The woman’s view of creation is this: God made the man and looked at him and said, “I can do better than that,” and He made the woman. Now the man’s view is God made the beasts and man and then He rested. And then He created woman. And neither beast nor man nor God has rested since.”

Bible verse of the day: 1 John 4:11

Just call me dot cotton!!
ok Dot....have a sherry and menthol ciggie

Helena
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just for my medicinal purposes only peggy!!!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:27 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be back in August for my cousins wedding

With a bit of luck I'll be in possession of a visa by then and have a date for Australia
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where is the wedding? Is it in mallow?

Jeez Id like to think that all us feb applicants will have our visa's by then. Im hoping to be in Oz by July, maybe I'm being unrealistic but we live in hope!!!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:58 pm
Happy migrant

Where is the wedding? Is it in mallow?

Jeez Id like to think that all us feb applicants will have our visa's by then. Im hoping to be in Oz by July, maybe I'm being unrealistic but we live in hope!!!
The visa isn't the worry for me - it's selling the house
is yours sold?

yes the wedding is near Mallow. A place called Springfort hall. I'm looking forward to it. We're leaving the kids with my MIL and staying with another cousin so should be a stress free weekend
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kapri
The visa isn't the worry for me - it's selling the house
is yours sold?

yes the wedding is near Mallow. A place called Springfort hall. I'm looking forward to it. We're leaving the kids with my MIL and staying with another cousin so should be a stress free weekend

Nope ours isn't sold yet and I a sick to death of getting ridiculous offers!!! We had a viewing last Saturday but the viewer said it was out of his budget. WHY VIEW!!!!! We have another on this Saturday with a different viewer so fingers crossed. Things have appeared to have picked up here a small bit so I'm hoping that we will have a result soon enough. Mind you I was saying the same thing 9 months ago!!!!

That will be a nice break for you in August. Especially before the stress of immigration begins. We are going to try and get away just the two of us before we leave as the chances of getting a babysitter in Melbourne are slim and non!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:26 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Hi All,

As we have finally passed our Skills assessment we plan on lodging our application tonight. Just wondering if there is anyone hoping to lodge or have lodge the apps this month.

Mairead
Hi All

Just joined the February 08 list! Visa lodged 13th Feb. Hope everything runs smoothly for us February 08 lot, and look forward to hearing how you all get on. GOOD LUCK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.