February 2008 Applicants

Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife

We're having no joy with the house at the moment so we've spent the last few weeks desperately looking into our options, we thought we had a few but with whats happening on the markets this week those options are disappearing by the day Sorry to put a dampener on all the good news but I can feel the dream slipping through my fingers and its hard to stay positive!

Must remember whats fur you will no go by you as my granny says!

Lindsay x
we are in exactly the same situation. i think its the extremes of going from sheer joy and disbelief at getting the visa and then the reality of not being able to book your flights straight away. we had some really bad weeks but now we've decided we are validating in april feel a lot calmer and we know we will get there eventually.

some one said on here once, its one hell of an emotional rollercoaster we signed up for!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:50 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Yeah - I agree there - my head's frazzled!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:59 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
we are in exactly the same situation. i think its the extremes of going from sheer joy and disbelief at getting the visa and then the reality of not being able to book your flights straight away. we had some really bad weeks but now we've decided we are validating in april feel a lot calmer and we know we will get there eventually.

some one said on here once, its one hell of an emotional rollercoaster we signed up for!

It doesn't get any easier when the flights are booked - I've spent the last week questioning myself why i applied in the first place - talk about running scared
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

So, just received a reply to the online enquiry I sent to the HOC. It states that they are currently processing Medicals received on 5 September!

This after the reply I received from my email stating they are on 9 September!

I'm feeling a bit DOWN now because I was sure hoping they would get those MEDS done Tuesday at the latest! I guess it's still early on Monday....
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

I think we need some positive vibes to be sent around, you all seem a little down
I'm sending some Karma Tiger and for you Mary a frying pan around the head
You feel the same as me, you are going around in circles and not getting anywhere with the sorting out before the packers get there - am I right???
I keep looking at the amount of weekends we have left to sort the shed and all the drawers and kids room and, and , and oh I don't know but I am sure there is something else I need to sort and pack talk about do my head in
And to top it off I woke up this morning to hear OH groaning away, he has put his back and and can't do anything What a lovely day I'm going to have I'm not good with sympathy
Have a great day everyone lets have some good news
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Basty
I think we need some positive vibes to be sent around, you all seem a little down
I'm sending some Karma Tiger and for you Mary a frying pan around the head
You feel the same as me, you are going around in circles and not getting anywhere with the sorting out before the packers get there - am I right???
I keep looking at the amount of weekends we have left to sort the shed and all the drawers and kids room and, and , and oh I don't know but I am sure there is something else I need to sort and pack talk about do my head in
And to top it off I woke up this morning to hear OH groaning away, he has put his back and and can't do anything What a lovely day I'm going to have I'm not good with sympathy
Thanks, Fiona! Karma right back at you! Sounds like you could use it!

On the positive side, we have a possible renter coming around today. I'm hopeful that they'll want to rent our home. Then we can go in NOVEMBER - if we get the VISA! (come on MEDS, get done!)
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:50 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tiger222
So, just received a reply to the online enquiry I sent to the HOC. It states that they are currently processing Medicals received on 5 September!

This after the reply I received from my email stating they are on 9 September!

I'm feeling a bit DOWN now because I was sure hoping they would get those MEDS done Tuesday at the latest! I guess it's still early on Monday....
Mornin!

have you checked again now? i think the offices have just closed so maybe...?

We're in the same boat as well, they received our docs last thursday and was hoping that we'd have some more news today...nothing ...
will ring them tomorrow if nothings changed...

Last edited by AshyB; Sep 22nd 2008 at 7:55 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AshyB
Mornin!

have you again now? i think the offices have just closed so maybe...?

We're in the same boat as well, they received our docs last thursday and was hoping that we'd have some more news today...nothing ...
will ring them tomorrow if nothings changed...
Am I the first to know that nothing has changed?

Sorry to hear that, Ash!

I checked again about 1 hour ago....nothin

I'll just be in my corner..........waiting (feel spider like with that phrase)
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:56 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Am I the first to know that nothing has changed?

Sorry to hear that, Ash!

I checked again about 1 hour ago....nothin

I'll just be in my corner..........waiting (feel spider like with that phrase)
what can we do tiger?
just have to sit and wait (and call them every other day! )

go on holiday - it's worked a few people!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

what can we do tiger?

A phone call might help you - but not me. It's in the pile!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:21 am
we're there!

when i rang ASPC they were able to find out the status of the our medicals...
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:43 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Basty
I think we need some positive vibes to be sent around, you all seem a little downI'm sending some Karma Tiger and for you Mary a frying pan around the headYou feel the same as me, you are going around in circles and not getting anywhere with the sorting out before the packers get there - am I right???

Thanks Fiona - my heads still ringing

Yes, you've got me down to a tee - going round in circles, getting nowhere, and then wondering why it was so important in the first place

We've tried selling stuff, but unless you're giving it away, people just don't want to know. We've said that if the house sale goes through (still not sure about that), then we'll just ask our buyer if he wants them and leave them in the house.

Check out Letton Percival for marine shipping insurance 0151 236 4568 - it's only 1.6% and includes mildew cover

I'm glad you finished off your sentence about your OH groaning
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:00 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Originally Posted by mary1967
It doesn't get any easier when the flights are booked - I've spent the last week questioning myself why i applied in the first place - talk about running scared
Mary know exactly what you mean - I keep waking in the night thinking.....OMG I've actually got to get on that plane I've got a mantra going now.... it's... I can do this, I can do this!

what can we do tiger?

Where you booking then Ashy prehaps you will get the cotswolds this weekend - fingers crossed

Tiger - it'll be fine soon, you'll see sure they'll clear this week

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 22nd 2008 at 2:11 pm. Reason: OPs request
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:13 am
we're there!

Originally Posted by jasb
Where you booking then Ashy prehaps you will get the cotswolds this weekend - fingers crossed
cotswolds has been re-booked for next weekend - 6th time lucky
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

when i rang ASPC they were able to find out the status of the our medicals...
Fingers crossed for you both it will come good soon
Originally Posted by mary1967
Thanks Fiona - my heads still ringing

Yes, you've got me down to a tee - going round in circles, getting nowhere, and then wondering why it was so important in the first place

We've tried selling stuff, but unless you're giving it away, people just don't want to know. We've said that if the house sale goes through (still not sure about that), then we'll just ask our buyer if he wants them and leave them in the house.

Check out Letton Percival for marine shipping insurance 0151 236 4568 - it's only 1.6% and includes mildew cover
I've already done ours with the shipping company
I'm glad you finished off your sentence about your OH groaning
Got you wanting to read more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.