Feb 2009 Applications

Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice
Default Re: Feb 2009 Applications

nice one, happy days and tomorrow is Tuesday and you can go back to doing what you do best.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:48 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porter
nice one, happy days and tomorrow is Tuesday and you can go back to doing what you do best.
Yuk, dont remind me, teachers are in 2moro, but the kids aren't back til wed, phew...a 3 day week, cant beat it lol

Bedtime, the 40 mile commute to work is a real killer, poor me lol
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Tata hear from you soon
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Hi all,

We applied mid FEB 2009, E Mailed everything as the upload/download section just didn't want to know, our status now reads:All documents received, process has began. BUT when you go on to look at the individual documents section only some of the documents have been received, strange or what!!!

We have emailed but no reply as of today. We are on the 176 state sponsored visa route and also on the demand lists, so you would think we would be head of the Queue. Maybe we are a little impatient but we got the email to say we would be contacted in 10 days, i think we are up to 30 and counting.

I have to wonder after reading various months on BE if the decision has already been taken to slow thinks down a bit on the immigration side in AUS due to the current economic conditions,and who could blame them, lets hope not.

Anyway i,m still pacing the floor like an expecting farther and the wife gone off coffee so it must be due soon!!!!

Has anybody got a CO yet in this month?

See you soon, J&J
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

BECCY.FR is an unknown quantity at this point

No we haven't heard anything and our status still reads the same as yours.we applied in feb also.176 statesponsored on the csl,but, diddly.We've not had this e-mail you spoke of either, i think they maybe catching up on 07/08 176ers too .
keep your fingers crossed it won't be long now
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Here it is for your info:

State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Once the department has received valid nomination from a state or
territory, applications will be allocated to a case officer within 10
working days.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List (CSL):

Applications are being allocated in date of lodgement order. All CSL
applictions are expected to be allocated to case officers by end of May

Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List
(MODL):
Applications are not being allocated at present

All Other Remaining Applications

Subclasses 485, 476, 487 and 887 are not subject to the above changes. The
allocation dates for these subclasses are as follows:

VC 485 (paper): 13 March 2008
VC 485 (e-lodged): 29 February 2008

VF 476 (paper): 24 March 2008
VF 476 (e-lodged): 28 March 2008

VC 487 (paper): 5 January 2009

VB 887: 4 December 2008
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hang on in there guys, its a marathon not a sprint
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

pReSSuRe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Porter
Hang on in there guys, its a marathon not a sprint
True
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:22 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Bump
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

A.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnandjoanne
Here it is for your info:

State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Once the department has received valid nomination from a state or
territory, applications will be allocated to a case officer within 10
working days.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List (CSL):

Applications are being allocated in date of lodgement order. All CSL
applictions are expected to be allocated to case officers by end of May

Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List
(MODL):

All Other Remaining Applications

Subclasses 485, 476, 487 and 887 are not subject to the above changes. The
allocation dates for these subclasses are as follows:

VC 485 (paper): 13 March 2008
VC 485 (e-lodged): 29 February 2008

VF 476 (paper): 24 March 2008
VF 476 (e-lodged): 28 March 2008

VC 487 (paper): 5 January 2009

VB 887: 4 December 2008
Do we have to inform DIAC that we are on CSL (if we are on CSL) ?!

Silly question, huh ?!

I assume their system can easily make some filtering based on whatever criteria. I just read somewhere on the forum that someone emailed DIAC to confirm he is on CSL.

As I have nothing to do now with DIAC except waiting, I started to think of these "keep alive" messages ! lol !
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:18 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is...deflated wouldn't be in it?! I was already expecting to wait donkeys ages being neither CSL/MODL but now, I've been told it could be an even longer wait.

My partner is doing a lateral transfer from the British to the Aussie Army and by the looks of things, will be out there an awful lot sooner than I will be! We're not living together as he likes being able to roll out of bed and straight into work, as opposed to driving from my house into work. So on that note, I can't even go as his defacto partner as we have no proof of the length of our relationship etc! lol

Aw well, it could be worse, we could be sitting here in October about to go from Autumn to Winter, at least it's pretty much Spring and another beautiful British Summer is just around the corner, YAYYYYYYYYYY lol

(On a more serious note, my thoughts are with everyone directly affected by last nights news, I'm gutted for all of us!)
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:29 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, dont worry Jen. If your skills are not one of the CSL removals I don't think the effect is very great at all.

But having said that, I do feel sorry for those whose hopes have been raised and then dashed again.

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is...deflated wouldn't be in it?! I was already expecting to wait donkeys ages being neither CSL/MODL but now, I've been told it could be an even longer wait.

My partner is doing a lateral transfer from the British to the Aussie Army and by the looks of things, will be out there an awful lot sooner than I will be! We're not living together as he likes being able to roll out of bed and straight into work, as opposed to driving from my house into work. So on that note, I can't even go as his defacto partner as we have no proof of the length of our relationship etc! lol

Aw well, it could be worse, we could be sitting here in October about to go from Autumn to Winter, at least it's pretty much Spring and another beautiful British Summer is just around the corner, YAYYYYYYYYYY lol

(On a more serious note, my thoughts are with everyone directly affected by last nights news, I'm gutted for all of us!)
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation SKILLS IN DEMAND CUT BACKS

Hi all, got this off the go matilda web site
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=502

Might help to clarify a few things.Hope it helps, J&J

Australia's Skilled Migration Program Cut Back

Author: Alan Collett
Date: Monday, March 16, 2009

In response to the economic slowdown Immigration Minister Chris Evans has announced immediate reductions to Australia's skilled migration program.

Speaking on ABC News Radio this morning, Minister Evans announced that the skilled program for the current year (ending 30 June 2009) is to be cut by 18,500, from a planned total of 133,500 to 115,000.

It is anticipated that this reduction will come from the removal of certain trade skills from the Critical Skills List. As readers of Go Matilda News will be aware, the CSL is a list of skilled occupations that facilitate the priority processing of applications for skilled visas.

However, the removal of an occupation from the CSL does not impact on a skilled migrant's ability to migrate under the general skilled program - only the priority processing of a skilled visa application is affected by the removal of an occupation.

The consequence of a reduction in the number of available visas is therefore more likely to be a lengthening of skilled visa processing queues.

It should be noted this reduction in visa numbers applies only to the general skilled program. Permanent residency visas (and the fast tracking of visa applications) continue to be available to skilled individuals under the Employer Nomination Scheme and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme - so long as an employer can be identified who is happy to help.

It is also worth noting that skilled individuals who have an occupation that is on a State or Territory Government's wanted skills list, and that secure Sponsorship, will still be treated as priority cases - we remain of the view that any intending skilled migrant that has such an occupation should seek Sponsorship in an effort to reduce the visa application processing time.

If you are an intending skilled migrant and are not sure what these changes mean for you please contact us. We will be pleased to have a free initial discussion about your situation.http://www.gomatilda.com

Weblink: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...16/2516766.htm
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

BECCY.FR is an unknown quantity at this point

johnandjoanne (and for that matter anybody else) just checking that you emailed your state back with you diac ref no. we only realized this morning that we had'nt (after some kind soul had mentioned it on another thread),it was one of those* we'd read the letter but it had'nt attached to any brain cells,so here we are three weeks down the line just got in touch with them,anyway sorted now(i hope)
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Well well, good evening all us Feb lodgers especially CSL'ers. The one thing that i can take on a positive note from todays actions are that this is one of the reasons that i want to live in Aussie. The country takes action when it requires to do so unlike the UK however much it pains us all. Personally i am not in a huge hurry but there are many that are, and i know how much your hopes must be dashed but keep your chins up (NOT a Fattist jibe!!) and make yourself a cup of tea!! Everything will be ok in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.