Feb 2009 Applications

Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:55 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feb 2009 Applications

I also would've done the IELTS much sooner, but hadn't realised it existed!!! If it hadn't been for Tony Coates, an agent on here, I'd probably still be sitting oblivious to it lol
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi all, going on about watching Lost Jen, i bought the mrs the entire collection off ebay for her birthday and im going to do the honourable thing and watch it with her though im 3 series behind. Am i going to be sat for long and if so should i buy shares in the local popcorn company!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:43 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porter
Hi all, going on about watching Lost Jen, i bought the mrs the entire collection off ebay for her birthday and im going to do the honourable thing and watch it with her though im 3 series behind. Am i going to be sat for long and if so should i buy shares in the local popcorn company!
Lol yeah, and shares in valium as it'll no doubt crack you up! What a day, that IELTS exam is pretty intense, did three reading and three listening exams, and my poor wee head is pickled!!!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Lol yeah, and shares in valium as it'll no doubt crack you up! What a day, that IELTS exam is pretty intense, did three reading and three listening exams, and my poor wee head is pickled!!!
Jen where did you get your IELTS listening test tests from? I am sitting my test also on 21st March. How did you find the revising? I am going to spend Sunday and next week having a look. I have done some writing and I found this to be okay but havent tackled listening yet.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:00 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by nbn8
Jen where did you get your IELTS listening test tests from? I am sitting my test also on 21st March. How did you find the revising? I am going to spend Sunday and next week having a look. I have done some writing and I found this to be okay but havent tackled listening yet.
Hi Nicky, I bought a study guide off amazon but was also given this link which has two examples of each section on it. http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free...ice-tests.html

It's not easy...it's more a case though of familiarising yourself with what's expected from you in each section. Hope the above link helps, someone on here very kindly shared it with me, it's Canadian, but is quite good.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

the woman narrator on my cd had quite a husky voice as i recall. Just me probably. i like accents
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:16 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

the woman narrator on my cd had quite a husky voice as i recall. Just me probably. i like accents
A lot of the people on the listening exams I've used have made me giggle, they're also very stupid, and when recalling phone numbers they've just been given, they leave out a number! SILLY BILLIES LOL
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Jen i hope your taking the academic test and not the general training one as teachers such as your good self have to prove themselves beyond any reasonable doubt that you are the crem de la crem of society as we know it
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:07 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen i hope your taking the academic test and not the general training one as teachers such as your good self have to prove themselves beyond any reasonable doubt that you are the crem de la crem of society as we know it
Ha no chance, I wonder how different they both are though, the academic and the general training? Don't suppose you know? Just looked @ my study guide and its an Academic one, is the General Training much easier?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Joking aside Jen, i only took the general training exam and im sure thats all thats needed for migration purposes as i needed the points like you. In the study book that i have it gave examples of both tests and the academic was harder but then i am only a superhero sparky
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Also, when i went on the day both sets of exams were being taken by people in the same room at the same time. I will have a look thru the websites to see if i can find the info
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:48 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Also, when i went on the day both sets of exams were being taken by people in the same room at the same time. I will have a look thru the websites to see if i can find the info
Okie dokies, just did two more 'reading bits', the passages are so long-winded, and to be honest, BL**DY BORING! LOL

So far in the study guide I have they've been about: boat lifts on canals, make-believe parasites causing people to itch in factories, dogs and wolves, a mining town underground, space travel and health and one about an ice age coming and going near the med, ZZZZZZZ it was very hard to stay awake!!!! lol
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:51 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

One thing I am finding too, is that I'm whizzing through the passages and the resultant questions, and am having a good 8 minutes left at the end! S....L....O....W............D.....O.....W.....N... ........J....E.....N..... me thinks lol
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jen theres info on form 966i on the DIAC site page 2 states about the general or academic tests.Do you have to have the academic test for your profession? Or are ya just cleva?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:25 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen theres info on form 966i on the DIAC site page 2 states about the general or academic tests.Do you have to have the academic test for your profession? Or are ya just cleva?
I've been told the GT is suffice, I've already passed my skills assessment so....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.