Feb 06 Visa Applications

Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:25 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feb 06 Visa Applications

Originally Posted by coolie
.............I'll drink to that.............

Where are you sitting your test?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:30 am
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Where are you sitting your test?
I'm sitting it in London. Russell Square.
I have not had confirmation yet, but they have taken my money. Also I forgot to put my passprt number on the application form, so they emailed me asking for it two days after I sent it.
So I presume the 11th is going to be ok. Their next date is the 25th which I can't do as I'm on holiday.........
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:38 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sitting it in London. Russell Square.
I have not had confirmation yet, but they have taken my money. Also I forgot to put my passprt number on the application form, so they emailed me asking for it two days after I sent it.
So I presume the 11th is going to be ok. Their next date is the 25th which I can't do as I'm on holiday.........

Is that the SOAS place?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:51 pm

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Is that the SOAS place?
Yes it is.
I got the confirmation through today. It says the location is on another campus closer to Kings Cross. In the confirmation they said I'll be doing the academic test, even though I booked the general test. What do you think the chances are of changing it? I know your hubby had a tough time with it!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:57 pm

Yes it is.
I got the confirmation through today. It says the location is on another campus closer to Kings Cross. In the confirmation they said I'll be doing the academic test, even though I booked the general test. What do you think the chances are of changing it? I know your hubby had a tough time with it!

Thats where hubby is booked too.

I would email them straight away now and rectify it and then follow it up with a phone call Monday.

We posted his application off today and they will get it Monday. They still have spaces for that day so hes not too worried.

My hubby had a dreadful time, I felt so sorry for him. We had found out Mum had terminal cancer with weeks to live on Friday 11th Nov. My husband was very close to my Mum.

I saw him on the Sat morning before he left, carefully packing his pencils and erasers, you should have seen his face, totally devastated. Yet he still sat that test.

The listening bit is hard they say as they play the tape and the people do speak quite quickly.

But he said he knows what to expect now and Im searching the online book store to try and get some decent material. We bought some from the IELTS site, but we need more.

After all, spending a bit on a book, if it ups his score has got to be worth it.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:24 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

I am feeling really down today. I did a search on the internet for fibrous plasterers (hubby) and a migration place came up and in their description of a fibrous plasterer is things my hubby doesn't do. So now I just feel that the TRA are going to come back and say no!

PP, I'm sure your hubby will fly the test. He was under an enormous amount of stress when he took the test. I think any one of us would have done badly in the test.

Janine
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hi guys,

I am feeling really down today. I did a search on the internet for fibrous plasterers (hubby) and a migration place came up and in their description of a fibrous plasterer is things my hubby doesn't do. So now I just feel that the TRA are going to come back and say no!

PP, I'm sure your hubby will fly the test. He was under an enormous amount of stress when he took the test. I think any one of us would have done badly in the test.

Janine

Janine, wait to see what the TRA come back with. You can always reapply.

If you havent used an agent, I would recommend Glen Newton - see in my signature for his link.

Worth the money, our case wasnt straightforward and had the potential to go very wrong and Glen got us through.

I have just bought Hubby an IELTS book with tapes, it was 16 pounds and we should get it next week.

Its ironic, on the Cambridge site, it says if you get over a 5.5, you should go for Academic level.

Hubby got a 6.0 band score, yet its not enough for 20 points.

Anyway, he will work through the general training and academic and see how it goes.

Let me know how your TRA goes and as I said, contact Glen if you dont have an agent and the result isnt what you had hoped.

Good luck

Samantha
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:47 pm

Thats where hubby is booked too.

I would email them straight away now and rectify it and then follow it up with a phone call Monday.

We posted his application off today and they will get it Monday. They still have spaces for that day so hes not too worried.

My hubby had a dreadful time, I felt so sorry for him. We had found out Mum had terminal cancer with weeks to live on Friday 11th Nov. My husband was very close to my Mum.

I saw him on the Sat morning before he left, carefully packing his pencils and erasers, you should have seen his face, totally devastated. Yet he still sat that test.

The listening bit is hard they say as they play the tape and the people do speak quite quickly.

But he said he knows what to expect now and Im searching the online book store to try and get some decent material. We bought some from the IELTS site, but we need more.

After all, spending a bit on a book, if it ups his score has got to be worth it.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again.., I'm really sorry to hear about your mum. I hope things are getting a little easier.

I'll email them now to sort it out
Check out the attachment. It might help.

PM me your hubby's details. We could hook up on the day?
Attached Files
File Type: doc
The IELTS test structure.doc (71.5 KB, 280 views)
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:53 pm

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.., I'm really sorry to hear about your mum. I hope things are getting a little easier.

I'll email them now to sort it out
Check out the attachment. It might help.

PM me your hubby's details. We could hook up on the day?

Thanks for the link.

He said about catching up with you when I said you were at the same centre.

Im going off line in a min, but will pm you his details later

Makes all the difference if you have company.

Sam
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:56 pm

Thanks for the link.

He said about catching up with you when I said you were at the same centre.

Im going off line in a min, but will pm you his details later

Makes all the difference if you have company.

Sam
I agree.
I'm off now too.
Up early in the morning. Going to leicester to do a spot of scuba diving!
Chat soon
Old Feb 4th 2006, 11:43 pm

I agree.
I'm off now too.
Up early in the morning. Going to leicester to do a spot of scuba diving!
Chat soon

Coolie, will pm you hubbys details tomorrow.

He said it would be good to meet up before exam. Hes sat it there before and knows the layout.

Speak soon.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:57 am
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all
Smile Re: Feb 06 Visa Applications

Originally Posted by LauraandDes
Hi All,

Just thought I'd start a thread for all those applying for their visas this month. We have just sent ours off via DHL and can't wait to get out there.

We would ideally love to go to Brissie but will probably go to Melbourne instead as there is more IT work there.

Good luck to all those that are applying / waiting to hear.

L
Sent my 47 sk application off Feb 1,just checked on DHL site and it arrived in Adelaide at 10.32 today.Role on monday when it gets delivered to the nice dimia guys.Now comes the aggonising (spealt wrong)wait!!!!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Feb 06 Visa Applications

Originally Posted by LauraandDes
Hi All,

Just thought I'd start a thread for all those applying for their visas this month. We have just sent ours off via DHL and can't wait to get out there.

We would ideally love to go to Brissie but will probably go to Melbourne instead as there is more IT work there.

Good luck to all those that are applying / waiting to hear.

L
We are applying this month too (thats me, hubby, 18month old toddler + 23 weeks pregnant!). Visa app is sitting ready to be posted. Got skills assessment back today.
Good luck everyone!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:27 am
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunshine dreamer
We are applying this month too (thats me, hubby, 18month old toddler + 23 weeks pregnant!). Visa app is sitting ready to be posted. Got skills assessment back today.
Good luck everyone!
We have just booked interparcal to pick up tomorrow - I feel a step closer at last.
So we will also be a February applicant woohoo.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 2:04 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I would help keep the thread alive!

Got our TRA back to day. It was positive!! Hooray!!

So we will definitely be a February applicant. Just got to get a couple of things together and then off it goes.

Good luck to everyone!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.