Feb 06 Visa Applications

Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feb 06 Visa Applications

From what I understand you can go to any panel doc. We are going to one about 45 minutes from home only because it seems to be the least expensive.
Oh, and Coolie...I can't believe you have to do the IELTS!! Your English is much better than most of the native speakers! Sure you'll ace it.
Can't wait till late July early August to see all the "got it's"
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:15 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alan and sam
i believe that you can go anywhere as long as they are on the panel, i know of some people from kent who went to london, and others whom have gone to Gatwick as well as others to Dover!,

We're heading off to Dover (mainly cause of cost ) in April sometime, not booked yet, waiting to see what GlennandKate make of them first
Thats it - use me as a guinea pig
And Coolie, I have to agree with Dotnron's last message - Your English is great.
There is so much to worry about with getting everything just right for the Visa but it must be a nightmare having to take tests as well. Good luck to you and PP's hubby.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:35 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glennandkate

Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:13 pm
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dotnron
From what I understand you can go to any panel doc. We are going to one about 45 minutes from home only because it seems to be the least expensive.
Oh, and Coolie...I can't believe you have to do the IELTS!! Your English is much better than most of the native speakers! Sure you'll ace it.
Can't wait till late July early August to see all the "got it's"
Hey there

Thanks for the compliment. The problem is, I am a native English speaker. Because I am from South Africa, I have to take the test to prove my competance. I've had a good moan on other threads so wont bore anybody here. But at £90.00 I think it's a rip off and a money making raquet!!!

Oh well, a small price to pay for what I really want...moving to Oz.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:15 pm

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Somebody has got to do it and it sure aint gonna be me

Dion
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:14 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolie
Hey there

Thanks for the compliment. The problem is, I am a native English speaker. Because I am from South Africa, I have to take the test to prove my competance. I've had a good moan on other threads so wont bore anybody here. But at £90.00 I think it's a rip off and a money making raquet!!!

Oh well, a small price to pay for what I really want...moving to Oz.

Have you heard the latest IELTS rip off coolie?

After May this year, you wont have to wait 90 days to resit, you can do it almost straight away. It will be a free for all bun fight and very hard to get a place.

Hubby is working night and day shifts for this week and did some practise tonight and the spelling errors were really bad.

Although he is doing his last night tomorrow and Thur and Fri finishing 4ish so he will have 2 decent nights sleep before it.

He knows his stuff so no point in worrying.

But good luck to all those sitting IELTS this Saturday.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Have you heard the latest IELTS rip off coolie?After May this year, you wont have to wait 90 days to resit, you can do it almost straight away. It will be a free for all bun fight and very hard to get a place
That's absolutely ridiculous. It's so that they can make more money off the cuffs of those not fortunate to have passed first time. Think about it. You fail the test, then book it for the next available date, say 2 weeks. How can you possibly improve your english enough in two weeks to pass it the second time around. No doubt they'll have a record of your last test, so they could possibly make it harder, resulting in another fail. And another £90.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Hubby is working night and day shifts for this week and did some practise tonight and the spelling errors were really bad.

Although he is doing his last night tomorrow and Thur and Fri finishing 4ish so he will have 2 decent nights sleep before it.

He knows his stuff so no point in worrying.

But good luck to all those sitting IELTS this Saturday.
Good luck to hubby, and everyone else!!!!

Dion
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:51 am
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Hubby is on the Skills Matching Database. I know its really sad but I was so excited when I saw him on there....Sorry everyone, had to tell you all on here as I dont really have anyone else to tell. Still keeping this a big secret at the mo and everytime I speak to my Mum or Sister about it they get a tad upset and change the subject!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby is on the Skills Matching Database. I know its really sad but I was so excited when I saw him on there....Sorry everyone, had to tell you all on here as I dont really have anyone else to tell. Still keeping this a big secret at the mo and everytime I speak to my Mum or Sister about it they get a tad upset and change the subject!
Good news ;o
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:54 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Professional Princess' hubby and Coolie,

Hope your IELTS tests went well today! Fingers crossed for you both!!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by KevinJanine

Hi K&J

Well, as english is my first language I found it was pretty easy, but can see how people who are learning the language can slip up. The guy I had for my oral interview was a bit of an idiot. Very full of himself. He asked me all these questions about art and it's affect on people. Now I dont know anything about art, so I basically just spoke a lot of twaddle.

But overall, I think I did quite well.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:31 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Coolie,

Glad it went well for you. Here's to a good result for you!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:51 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine

Thanks for that

Hubby said he had this really nice Aussie woman who asked him why he was there as his spoken English in her mind was perfect. She didnt take any notes at all unlike the first time when this guy wrote down everything and made a big meal of it as well.

With the writing, Abdel said he found it OK, but as his first language is Arabic, he struggles with his vowels.

Although he underlined any word he wasnt sure of and then went back and checked or re-thought the spelling afterwards.

He did over the word count too.

But you can never tell until you get the results.

Good thing for us, is that if he passes this, it will be a bonus. We are not relying on it as we have our STNI for WA.

Im just glad he had a nice person for his speaking test.

He found the listening part easy, but that is because he has eaten, slept, drunk and thought about nothing else other than IELTS practise materials for the past month.

Oh well, its done and dusted now. Medicals to be done in 2 months time and PCC in one month.

Good luck for your results Coolie, although I reckon you would have sailed through.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:22 am
yeah but no but

Hi Coolie and PP, Sounds like good news with the tests. Thats one major hurdle over. When do you get the results?
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:35 am

Hi Coolie and PP, Sounds like good news with the tests. Thats one major hurdle over. When do you get the results?

2-3 weeks (I think?)

But it takes alot to get me excited these days so we wont count our chickens and all that.

Although I reckon DIMA could get me very excited if they wanted to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.