FBI clearance/ US Rental History

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

australia.ind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FBI clearance/ US Rental History

Hi,

I am waiting for my ACS result.In the meanwhile I have gone through forum and found that FBI clearance is needed if one was in US in the last 10 years.Now I'm in India

I was in US from oct '06 - Jan'07

Again March'07-Dec'08, again from June'08-Oct'09.

Do I need to go for FBI clearance?

,I could not pay my rental breakage and phone bills ,since I lost my job there and back to India.

Will this affect my FBI clearance?? Please let me know.

Thanks in adavance
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FBI clearance

Originally Posted by australia.ind
Hi,

I am waiting for my ACS result.In the meanwhile I have gone through forum and found that FBI clearance is needed if one was in US in the last 10 years.Now I'm in India

I was in US from oct '06 - Jan'07

Again March'07-Dec'08, again from June'08-Oct'09.

Do I need to go for FBI clearance?

,I could not pay my rental breakage and phone bills ,since I lost my job there and back to India.

Will this affect my FBI clearance?? Please let me know.

Thanks in adavance
If you have spent a total of 12 months in the US, yes you will need a FBI clearance.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply.But will my credit history affect my FBI clearance?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:13 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't a clue. Don't know what the FBI check on.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

H2fusion is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved here from the States. FBI clearance has nothing to do with credit history. What is recorded in FBI clearance are any reports by the local up to federal level authorities.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 6:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not but if you have enough money to apply for an visa to Australia would you not have enough to pay your debts first?
Old Jan 5th 2013, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

madankumars is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Probably not but if you have enough money to apply for an visa to Australia would you not have enough to pay your debts first?
Unfortunately it is not as easy as that. I don't want to get into US Law as this is Australia forum, but unlike in Australia, you don't get 28 days to leave the country + employer responsibility if you lost your job and are on 457. In the U.S. you are technically "out of status" (illegal resident) from the day you lost your job, although unofficially USCIS gives you 10 days to leave.

So, again.... unfortunately it is not as easy that. The OP must have worked to get out of the country soon without jeopardizing his chances of going back to the US (or even Australia) in the future.

BTW as far as I know FBI Clearance does not involve credit history.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 10:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madankumars
Unfortunately it is not as easy as that. I don't want to get into US Law as this is Australia forum, but unlike in Australia, you don't get 28 days to leave the country + employer responsibility if you lost your job and are on 457. In the U.S. you are technically "out of status" (illegal resident) from the day you lost your job, although unofficially USCIS gives you 10 days to leave.

So, again.... unfortunately it is not as easy that. The OP must have worked to get out of the country soon without jeopardizing his chances of going back to the US (or even Australia) in the future.

Bull***t. You are not "out of status" the day you lose your job in the US. You are only "out of status" (illegal resident) if you overstay. Your employer has to notify USCIS and then you are given a set amount of time to leave. And it is NOT 10 days.

And if the OP was so concerned about his debts then he can pay them from overseas. Many thousands of people so - as a matter of fact, we paid off our oversead debts from Australia.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by madankumars

Thx MadanKumar
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Default US Rental History

Guys,

I was in US for s few months,where I have rented an aprtment shared by I and my friend
Due to recession I have to come back to India(Lease on my Name).I don't have enough money to pay for lease breakage.So I asked my friend to continue staying there,but was not part of lease.

She also left in few months without paying lease breakage.
Will this affect my visa? I could see a column for address where I stayed.Can you please update me on this?

I'm really worried.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 8:33 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Rental History

Guys,

I was in US for s few months,where I have rented an aprtment shared by I and my friend
Due to recession I have to come back to India(Lease on my Name).I don't have enough money to pay for lease breakage.So I asked my friend to continue staying there,but was not part of lease.

She also left in few months without paying lease breakage.
Will this affect my visa? I could see a column for address where I stayed.Can you please update me on this?

I'm really worried.
Hi australia.ind,

Found this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...3#post10461593

Where you asked if this would affect your FBI clearance.Is this the same question?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 12:12 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: US Rental History

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi australia.ind,

Found this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...3#post10461593

Where you asked if this would affect your FBI clearance.Is this the same question?
Thought it sounded familiar, threads merged!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:11 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FBI clearance/ US Rental History

if there was police prosecution/investigation involved, it might appear in your FBI records.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commonwealth
if there was police prosecution/investigation involved, it might appear in your FBI records.
I understand,but will the rental breakge involves police??
Can you pls clarify me ?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 8:47 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

I understand,but will the rental breakge involves police??
Can you pls clarify me ?
did the landlord complain you to the police? could be a civil case, not necessarily a criminal case. you never know, you might have a record. the only way for you to know is by applying for FBI clearance or by reaching out to your former landlord.