FBI Clearance timing

Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:41 am
r11
Forum Regular

r11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FBI Clearance timing

Anybody requested FBI clearance lately?

MY CO requested Police and Medical checks yesterday, but according to the FBI website clearance can take up to 8 weeks.

What can be submitted to the DIAC in the28 day period?

I'm going to my local police department tomorrow to get fingerprinted for both the FBI clearance and state clearance.

Is a receipt for the fingerprints fee enough to submit to the DIAC as proof that I have started the process?

Do I need anything from the FBI? If so, what? I'll be submitting my application by mail, so what can be used as proof?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:01 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of
Default Re: FBI Clearance timing

FBI clearance does take around 8 weeks plus mailing time. If you are paying by credit card, you can use credit card charge by FBI as proof. DIAC is aware of FBI's time frame, so they are very understanding.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Oppyddrum is an unknown quantity at this point

My FBI clearance was completed in 3 days. The mailing however took forever. If you are within the US, i dont expect it to be that long. You can use express mail sending it to them and enclose a self addressed express envelope as well. That might help mailing time.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Oppyddrum is an unknown quantity at this point

as you can see from my signature, it took 11 days from when i sent my application from Australia for the clearance to be issued.... it took about a week to get there. Took a month to get back to me!!!
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Sol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant future

So after your credit card is charged, how long is the wait afterwards?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 4:27 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sol2Oz
So after your credit card is charged, how long is the wait afterwards?
For me, credit card was charged after 2 weeks. Then, 6 more weeks to get the letter. I used FedEx both ways so mailing time was minimum for me.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:26 pm
r11
Forum Regular

I guess I'll just sit and wait.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 3:00 pm
Emeritus Senior Minister

Originally Posted by r11
I guess I'll just sit and wait.
You can call FBI to check actually. However, they will only entertain enquiries for applications which were at least 4-week old.
Old May 29th 2012, 7:28 pm
r11
Forum Regular

Finally I got my FBI clearance.

It took exactly 6 weeks...
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

etzzgs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FBI checks and payment

Hi,

Sorry to jump on the thread but may I ask when you sent the credit card form, did you use an American credit card? I rang the FBI customer service and was told it had to be an American card as they needed an 'American form of payment'...I told her we've used our Australian credit cards in America but she didn't seem to know what to say to that...

I've tried searching online but haven't had much luck so far and was hoping to mail out my mum's request tomorrow.

Many thanks in advance for your time!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:46 pm
r11
Forum Regular

Sorry to jump on the thread but may I ask when you sent the credit card form, did you use an American credit card? I rang the FBI customer service and was told it had to be an American card as they needed an 'American form of payment'...I told her we've used our Australian credit cards in America but she didn't seem to know what to say to that...
I actually paid with a Money Order (from the US)
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 1:18 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Default Re: FBI checks and payment

Originally Posted by etzzgs
Hi,

I've tried searching online but haven't had much luck so far and was hoping to mail out my mum's request tomorrow.

Many thanks in advance for your time!
I think they will accept any Master/Visa cards. I paid with a Master card issued in Singapore. I am sure Australian credit cards will be acceptable also. You could say Master/Visa is 'American form of payment' since it was started by American banks.