Wikiposts

Fatties with High Blood Pressure

Old May 28th 2004, 8:30 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough
Default Fatties with High Blood Pressure

To try and put peoples mind's at rest (a little).

I weighed in at the medical a little under 19st (at 6ft 2") and had to have four goes at measuring my blood pressure before we got a good reading. Our medicals were sent off on 13th May and our request for the bond payment was posted from DIMIA on 25th May.

Not home and dry yet but I just wanted to put out a positive message for those people that worry on this issue.

Right, where's that diet book?

Chris
Old May 29th 2004, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fatties with High Blood Pressure

Originally posted by chris n
To try and put peoples mind's at rest (a little).

I weighed in at the medical a little under 19st (at 6ft 2") and had to have four goes at measuring my blood pressure before we got a good reading. Our medicals were sent off on 13th May and our request for the bond payment was posted from DIMIA on 25th May.

Not home and dry yet but I just wanted to put out a positive message for those people that worry on this issue.

Right, where's that diet book?

Chris
Thanks for that Chris . am a"little" on the cuddly side myself and am therefore dreading the medicals !!
Maybe I'll join you on the diet after this special fried rice !! lol
Old May 29th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I would be what they call clinicaly obese and am frantically dieting in preparation for my medicals when or if they come. But luckly do not suffer from high blood pressure, am reasonably fit, and do not stop every 100 yrds and have to rest like most magazines claim we have to do!!!!! Fingers crossed we even get to the medical stage. Good to hear other fatties in the same boat.
Old May 29th 2004, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough

For those that are worried check out the lifestyle forum and search under my user.
I'm clinically obese but without the high blood pressure. I had a medical in March and had the visa approved 2 weeks ago!
I have to admit that I did lose 2 stone before the medical but I was still about 3 stone overweight.

If you can lose and want to lose the weight then obviously that would be better, but they are still letting us in!

Regards,
Karen
Old May 29th 2004, 9:38 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy to get carried away with the media and all about obesity. You can't determine the state of someone's health based on a height / weight chart. I am 5'10, 16 stone and can't remember the last time I went to the docs or anything remotely resembling a serious health issue.
Even doctors (who should know better but perhaps don't always have the time to ) put their faith in a card that says if you're this tall, this weight then you must be obese. Obese conjures up images of people who need a crane to get them out of the house, etc and it's just bollocks!
As far as I can see, the info given for the medicals will say whether you are healthy or not, rather than if you conform to the 'standard'.

I saw a column in The Sun the other day that summed it all up so well. There was a picture of Martin Johnson with the caption "This man is clinically obese. Are you going to tell him?"
Old Sep 6th 2004, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kaz101
For those that are worried check out the lifestyle forum and search under my user.
I'm clinically obese but without the high blood pressure. I had a medical in March and had the visa approved 2 weeks ago!
I have to admit that I did lose 2 stone before the medical but I was still about 3 stone overweight.

If you can lose and want to lose the weight then obviously that would be better, but they are still letting us in!

Regards,
Karen
Were you refered or did you just sail through the medical (a worried 19stoner)
Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sam&molly
Were you refered or did you just sail through the medical (a worried 19stoner)
I was worried as hell but I didn't have any problems with the medical at all.

TTFN.
Karen