British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Father deceased after grant (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/father-deceased-after-grant-659882/)

TamerSalem Mar 17th 2010 5:39 pm

Father deceased after grant

Dear all,

My father has deceased after I have been granted 175 visa. He was non-dependant non-migrating family member, Shall I fill and upload the 1022 form? I shall make the validation trip next month.

Also, I obviously resigned from my current job to immigrate, shall I inform DIAC?

Please advise,
Thanks.

believer Mar 17th 2010 11:38 pm

Re: Father deceased after grant

aorry about the news. did your father have anything to do with your PR application?
i think people need to quit their job to move over as common sense! and IMMI thinks you need to tell them? I dont think so.

moneypenny20 Mar 18th 2010 1:42 am

Sincere condolences on the death of your father.

However, your visa has been issued, what possible need is there to tell DIAC of this fact if he wasn't going to be migrating with you? Even if he was they don't need to know, the visa just wouldn't be validated.

You have left your job presumably to migrate. Why do you think DIAC are interested? How do you suppose you would move to another country and find work if you don't migrate?

I have my visa, in fact I have Citizenship, should I tell them I went shopping yesterday?

TamerSalem Mar 18th 2010 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8428511)
Sincere condolences on the death of your father.

However, your visa has been issued, what possible need is there to tell DIAC of this fact if he wasn't going to be migrating with you? Even if he was they don't need to know, the visa just wouldn't be validated.

You have left your job presumably to migrate. Why do you think DIAC are interested? How do you suppose you would move to another country and find work if you don't migrate?

I have my visa, in fact I have Citizenship, should I tell them I went shopping yesterday?

Thank you all for the feedback.

I read in form 1022 the following statement:

Quote Section 104 of the Migration Act 1958 (the Act) requires you to
inform the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (the
department) of any changes in your circumstances that affect
any answer to a question in your application form.
You do not have to notify the department of any changes in
your circumstances that occurred:
• after you were granted your visa (if you applied for your visa
in Australia); or
• after you have been immigration cleared (if you applied for
your visa outside Australia).
unquote

I thought that since both conditions doesn't apply to my case, I have to notify them with any changes in my situation than what I have previously answered in the application form.

Cheers.

JenniGee Mar 18th 2010 5:06 pm

Please don't worry about informing DIAC, there really is no need to do this. Simply concentrate on creating a new life for your family after the sad loss of your father.

Best wishes.