Wikiposts

fast tracking

Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:18 am
Just Joined

JDuhig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fast tracking

During discussions about immigrating to Australia I keep hearing the term fast tracking - can anyone explain what this means? Does it relate to the place you go to? e.g areas that the government are trying to increase the population? Where can I find out more?

Also, I am a part time teacher working 10-15 hours a week and have just found out that I would need to be working 20 hours a week to pass the basic requirements for a visa. Does this mean the only option I have is to increase to a 20 hour week for 12 months, lodge my application and then I could reduce the hours again?

Help!

Thanks

Jo
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:51 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: fast tracking

Originally posted by JDuhig
During discussions about immigrating to Australia I keep hearing the term fast tracking - can anyone explain what this means? Does it relate to the place you go to? e.g areas that the government are trying to increase the population? Where can I find out more?

Also, I am a part time teacher working 10-15 hours a week and have just found out that I would need to be working 20 hours a week to pass the basic requirements for a visa. Does this mean the only option I have is to increase to a 20 hour week for 12 months, lodge my application and then I could reduce the hours again?

Help!

Thanks

Jo
I am afraid yes. (20 hrs working time)

Fast tracking is a process where your application will processed quicker due to various factors like MODL, Skilled sponsored or STNI etc.

Cheer
Badri
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:52 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Help!

Thanks

Jo
Hi Jo

As far as I'm aware there are two things you can do to speed up your application (although there may be more I'm not aware of):

1. Pay a premium for your skills assessment and they will do it quicker.

2. You can "pre load" your visa request, which means sending off your medicals and police checks with the form, thus saving time as they will then not need to ask you for them - only downside is you have to use your visa within one year of the medicals / police checks (whichever was earliest), therefore if your visa takes up to 50 weeks (which was quoted on here somewhere) then you may not have time to validate it.

Other than that am not aware of other fast tracking ways, although will be interested to see if anyone knows further info...

Hope this is some help
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badri
I am afraid yes. (20 hrs working time)

Fast tracking is a process where your application will processed quicker due to various factors like MODL, Skilled sponsored or STNI etc.

Cheer
Badri
Fast tracking applies to certain occupations. Nurses mainly.
Some visas are quicker to obtain such as State sponsored etc.
'Frontloading' medicals etc. is risky and not usually recommended except for Nurses or spouse applications.

G
Old Jul 26th 2004, 10:37 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It's one option but not the *only* option:

- if you get a state government to sponsor you for a Skill Matching visa (not STNI) then the work experience requirement drops to 6 months in the last 12 months before application.

- if you have a relative in a designated area to sponsor you, you get a reduced basic requirement for work experience

- try employer nomination, rules are completely different if you can find an Australian employer keen to hire you. Details in DIMIA booklet 5.

Jeremy

Help!

Thanks

Jo