FAQ's- Read these before posting questions

Old Aug 8th 2003, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point

Very impressive overview, well done Peter!
Some suggestions for things to add:

Why should or shouldn't I use a migration agent?

> An agent is very useful if you have the money (costs are usually in the thousands of A$) but not the time, or if you have an unusual case (unclear work experience, bad criminal or visa history, medical problems etc.). If you are willing to do some research, for example on this forum, and your case is pretty straightforward, it is very well manageable without an agent. However, it might be a good idea to have an agent go through your skills assessment application and/or your visa application just before you send them off, just to check that you haven't forgotten something or did something stupid. Many agents are willing to do this for only a few hundred dollars.

How can I get STNI?
Do I have to settle in the state/territory that nominated me?
> (Haven't got answers for these...)

One more suggestion: Change the titel of this thread to "Frequently Asked Questions - Read these before posting questions". You'd be surprised how many people don't know what FAQ stands for...

Last edited by Hans de Visser; Aug 8th 2003 at 4:51 am.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 8:31 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hans de Visser
Very impressive overview, well done Peter!
Some suggestions for things to add:
Thanks Hans.

I'll incorporate these questions in the next update.

Regards
Peter
Old Aug 8th 2003, 2:39 pm
Michael Hoffman

Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions - Read these before posting questions

Hans de Visser <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> One more suggestion: Change the titel of this thread to "Frequently
    > Asked Questions - Read these before posting questions". You'd be
    > surprised how many people don't know what FAQ stands for...

And capitalize READ THESE - it's easy to lose the post in the flood of
others.

Good job!
Mike

Old Aug 9th 2003, 5:16 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frequently Asked Questions - Read these before posting questions

Hi all (especially newcomers),

Just a short note invite whoever's interested to go through some frequently asked questions on Australian immigration here:

http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html

It's been updated with a few new questions and answers.

Regards
Peter
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Any thoughts on doing something like this for those Nz bound?
Cheers Tori
Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:44 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by TIZUS
Any thoughts on doing something like this for those Nz bound?
Tori,

Anyone who has sufficient knowledge of NZ immigration procedures would be more than welcome to do it. I don't think I know anything about NZ immigration to be able to come up with something of an FAQ list.

Regards
Peter
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

abhibhanu will become famous soon enough

Dear Peter
Nice job and it is really worthful exercise. many of the readers, without doubt, find it much useful. If possible please expand it to specific countries and their police and character check requests, transcripts, etc., in the future. Congrats for your effort.
with love
bhanu
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 8:04 am
Just Joined

virat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Great stuff!!

Hi peter,

Just adding to the long list of thanks. Thanks for a wonderful FAQ. It really helps. Seeing the FAQ, I got greedy and would have liked to have seen what else you've got on the whole process.
What about sample reference letters from employers to ACS for example? Anywhere we can get that kind of stuff?

Again...thanks a lot mate.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 8:59 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Default Re: Great stuff!!

Originally posted by virat
What about sample reference letters from employers to ACS for example? Anywhere we can get that kind of stuff?
If you look at the skilled migration booklet, you will be able to find what's required by DIMIA when it comes to reference letters. The ACS guidelines may also contain some information on what's needed by the ACS.

I don't think sample reference letters are required, and I certainly didn't find the need to have any samples when I went through the process myself.

Peter
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:28 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Peter,

There seem to be a lot of queries about the Police Clearance Certificates coming up on the forum...would it be worth sticking in a bit about the fact that PCCs don't exist in the UK, and that a Subject Access form suffices?

The wording on most constabulary websites is as follows:

'Police Forces in the United Kingdom do not issues documents variously described as "certificates of good conduct" or "police clearance certificates". Nor do they provide evidence of good character. However, the main foreign embassies that request these documents (US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) do accept a response from a right of Subject Access request in their place.

If you require access to this information you should apply to your local force, or if you live outside the UK, to the force area of your last residency in the UK.

You should note that Subject Access process can take up to 40 days, and cannot be accelerated, so please ensure you apply in good time.'

It's not made clear in any of the DIMIA info
Old Jan 4th 2004, 10:24 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Basic FAQ

Originally posted by ptlabs
While I believe that immigration matters are complex and technical in nature, there are some regular questions that can be answered generically.

I'm sure there have been past efforts to put together such an FAQ, but here's my attempt so far.

I'm not alone in doing this, and would surely welcome any input, especially if it's to point out frequent questions asked here that I haven't yet picked up.

Peter
Something that has changed recently is that the AHC in London no longer takes applications over the counter. It also appears that visa evidencing must be done by post as well.

Can you confirm what can and cannot be done in person at the AHC?
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:35 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by bondipom
Can you confirm what can and cannot be done in person at the AHC?
Unfortunately I can't - I don't live in England

Peter
Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:39 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by ptlabs
As requested, I'm posting a quick note to all who may be interested that I've updated the WIP (work in progress) Immigration FAQ for Australia.

Regards
Peter
Hi Peter ,

The link from your FAQ no.66 regarding RRV is not working. The below one may be the latest

http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/migrate/migrate03.htm#what
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:51 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by Prince1975
Hi Peter ,

The link from your FAQ no.66 regarding RRV is not working. The below one may be the latest

http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/migrate/migrate03.htm#what
Thanks.

Peter
Old May 8th 2004, 10:49 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Just like to add, that I've made a Dutch FAQ, very similar to Peters.
So, thanks again Peter!
(and if you don't think this should be in here, delete it )

http://au.geocities.com/discoveraust...immigratiefaq/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.