Wikiposts

Family sponsorship

Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

heggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really nice
Smile Family sponsorship

I'm getting addicted to this site!

My neighbour has a step brother in Aus (Perth) who is willing to sponsor him. He and his wife are both 44, but have no formal qualifications.

He has his own business (6-9 months old), and whilst previously working they bought run down properties and renovated them (for 5 years). They have enough money to consider buying a business in Aus if this would help them, but ideally they would like to continue with the building/renovating thing.

Does anyone know if his step-brother can sponsor him and if there are any pitfalls?

Cheers
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family sponsorship

Originally Posted by heggie
I'm getting addicted to this site!

My neighbour has a step brother in Aus (Perth) who is willing to sponsor him. He and his wife are both 44, but have no formal qualifications.

He has his own business (6-9 months old), and whilst previously working they bought run down properties and renovated them (for 5 years). They have enough money to consider buying a business in Aus if this would help them, but ideally they would like to continue with the building/renovating thing.

Does anyone know if his step-brother can sponsor him and if there are any pitfalls?

Cheers
It does not sound like there's much chance of skilled sponsorship unless one can get accepted as a tradesman, IT practitioner or senior manager (these occupations may not require formal qualifications).

If he and his wife have no close relatives in the UK (unusual but not unknown), then remaining relative might work.

Otherwise they should investigate to see if they are eligible for a business visa, however the type of business they do may not be eligible for this. An investor visa may be an alternative. They should download migration booklet 7 and if they think there's still a chance, contact a professional for assistance (business migration is not a DIY area). There is the additional complication that it does not usually give permanent residence immediately.

Business migration options do get more limited once you turn 45, so they should not waste time.

Jeremy
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

heggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really nice
Default Re: Family sponsorship

Originally Posted by JAJ
It does not sound like there's much chance of skilled sponsorship unless one can get accepted as a tradesman, IT practitioner or senior manager (these occupations may not require formal qualifications).

If he and his wife have no close relatives in the UK (unusual but not unknown), then remaining relative might work.

Otherwise they should investigate to see if they are eligible for a business visa, however the type of business they do may not be eligible for this. An investor visa may be an alternative. They should download migration booklet 7 and if they think there's still a chance, contact a professional for assistance (business migration is not a DIY area). There is the additional complication that it does not usually give permanent residence immediately.

Business migration options do get more limited once you turn 45, so they should not waste time.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

thanks for this advice, I will pass it on to them. I know they have relatives here so that route will probably not be open to them, but at least this will direct them to areas which may be more appropriate.

Thanks