Failed the TRA as expected!

Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all
Default Re: Failed the TRA as expected!

The annoying thing is that we did have an agent and had to request a refund after 7 weeks because they did not give us any advice after paying the first 2 installments, if we had not bothered using this agent we would have done it ourselves and got in on pathway D. Hubby has had formal training, but his old employer does not have any record of it as it is over 20 years ago, hubby doesn't have any proof either, so we did that part on a stat dec with evidence of his employment (p60's etc) and evidence of his further 14 years work experience. Obviously the stat dec was not enough evidence of his training.
So really, I don't know what to ask the TRA.

And no, I haven't hit the bottle yet
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

york1e is on a distinguished road

Hi Flixy sorry to hear your bad news , what job does your oh do ?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Hi is a telephone engineer, so his training was with BT, but they do not have his records so would not do a reference or give any idea of his training.
Let's hope they open up pathway D again, what is your occupation?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Flixy, commiserations to you & your OH. Don't give up just yet & do try one of the reputable agents for some advice!
Karma sent
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flixy
Hi all,
Got the letter this morning, we failed as expected, as you can imagine we are gutted even though we thought we would fail. (We only had a stat dec as evidence of training)
The other kick in the teeth is that up to 30th Sept they were sending back all the pathway D's along with the fee and documents, ours was signed for on the 28th Sept, but their acknowledgement letter was dated 2nd Oct, so they have not returned our docs or fee, i'm not bothered about the money, but we will have to get all that :curse: stuff certified again!!!
I don't know if it's worth emailing them, they have probably shredded it already!
The only positive is that at least they didn't keep us hanging on, it came back pretty quickly even with the postal strike.

Well, we will just have to wait to see if they open pathway D again, but time is running out, hubby is 44 in March
Hi Flixy

Sorry to hear about your troubles. As George Lombard has mentioned on other threads, it may not the safest approach to count on the re-institution of pathway D. Have you thought of employer nomination as an option?

Regards,
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kathryn44
Hi Flixy

Sorry to hear about your troubles. As George Lombard has mentioned on other threads, it may not the safest approach to count on the re-institution of pathway D. Have you thought of employer nomination as an option?

Regards,
Hi Kathryn,
Yes we thought of that initially, but from what I can gather my husband's job is mainly contracting for Telstra in Oz (same as in the UK for BT) so there aren't any sponsorships going, unless you know different?
Regards
Flixy
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Kathryn,
Yes we thought of that initially, but from what I can gather my husband's job is mainly contracting for Telstra in Oz (same as in the UK for BT) so there aren't any sponsorships going, unless you know different?
Regards
Flixy
Flixy,
sorry to ask what may be a stupid question but did your initial TRA assessment get asessed on pathway D? If so you should be able to appeal and get re-assessed under pathway D.
This is what happened to me, my agent advised that yes pathway D is still open for an appeal against failure of a previous assessments, and my TRA appeal should have got there today.

I also work in Telecomms/ cable tv with Virgin Media.

Johnnyyt
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Flixy,
sorry to ask what may be a stupid question but did your initial TRA assessment get asessed on pathway D? If so you should be able to appeal and get re-assessed under pathway D.
This is what happened to me, my agent advised that yes pathway D is still open for an appeal against failure of a previous assessments, and my TRA appeal should have got there today.

I also work in Telecomms/ cable tv with Virgin Media.

Johnnyyt
Hi Johnnyyt,
No, I had applied after the removal of pathway D, so it basically listed all pathways but D and said I did not have evidence of 900 hours training etc.
OH did have training, but no evidence of it so it was all on a stat dec.
Flixy
Ps: good luck with your appeal!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Johnnyyt,
No, I had applied after the removal of pathway D, so it basically listed all pathways but D and said I did not have evidence of 900 hours training etc.
OH did have training, but no evidence of it so it was all on a stat dec.
Flixy
Ps: good luck with your appeal!
Flixy,
I have sent you PM with contact details.

Johnnyyt
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

I know how you feel but just don't give up

I have now failed 2 tra's and one internal investigation, awaiting a response from the Director of the TRA now, If all that fails I think Im going to buy a boat and bloody sail there as an illegal immigrant
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Flixy,

Im so gutted for you, really thought you would be ok Been searching forum to see how you got on but really hoped this wouldnt be the answer.

Please dont give up, give a good agent a try, sending you loadsa positive energy and happy thoughts. Lo x
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:57 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Flix
How you feeling today? Hopefully much more positive!!!
Let us know what your next plan of attack is....
Hope you had a few last night and are more positive today!!!
Beth x x
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all your positive vibes!
We had a long chat last night over a few wines and have come to the conclusion that we have been held up for some reason, can't think why, but i'm sure it will become clear at some point. If we are meant to get to Oz then we will, so in the meantime we are looking at other avenues and will speak to a couple of agents, and keep hoping that some sort of pathway D will reopen before our time runs out.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your positive vibes!
We had a long chat last night over a few wines and have come to the conclusion that we have been held up for some reason, can't think why, but i'm sure it will become clear at some point. If we are meant to get to Oz then we will, so in the meantime we are looking at other avenues and will speak to a couple of agents, and keep hoping that some sort of pathway D will reopen before our time runs out.
Glad that you have made some sense of it all.

Things have the habit of working out for a reason which you can't see just yet. Don't stop trying every avenue, but also try to get on with your UK life and enjoy it as much as possible.

Trying to send you lots of K to stay strong.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Glad that you have made some sense of it all.

Things have the habit of working out for a reason which you can't see just yet. Don't stop trying every avenue, but also try to get on with your UK life and enjoy it as much as possible.

Trying to send you lots of K to stay strong.
Stay positive - for some reason you werent meant to get it just yet, but stay focused and keep tryin. Good luck!