Wikiposts

extremely disappointed- what should I do

Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:42 am
Just Joined

beupdate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default extremely disappointed- what should I do

Today My online status shows met of all requirements including Medicals which was requested by the Case officer back in August 2013. My visa category is FS 176 applied in June 2011.

Today I asked the case officer abt status update and the same day case officer replied back

I m extremely tensed and down after reading email from case officer. Pls suggest what should i do now and where am I standing almost after 2.6 years of waiting?

The exact contents of the email are:-

I acknowledge receipt of your email. I understand that the time taken to process your application may be causing concern to you and your family.The visa you have applied for is part of the Regional Skilled category. The Migration Program planning level for this category has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.This means processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category this program year unless more visa places become available. I cannot advise you whether more visa places will become available in this visa category as planning levels are determined by the Australian Government.As planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.In the meantime, I encourage you to check the department’s website for updated information regarding allocation, processing and any changes to the Skilled Migration Program which may affect you.I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Kind regards

Last edited by beupdate; Oct 15th 2013 at 1:48 am.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 2:38 am
Just Joined

Default Re: extremely disappointed- what should I do

I am a Priority Group 4 Family Sponsored subclass 176 applicant
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beupdate
Today My online status shows met of all requirements including Medicals which was requested by the Case officer back in August 2013. My visa category is FS 176 applied in June 2011.

Today I asked the case officer abt status update and the same day case officer replied back

I m extremely tensed and down after reading email from case officer. Pls suggest what should i do now and where am I standing almost after 2.6 years of waiting?

I acknowledge receipt of your email. I understand that the time taken to process your application may be causing concern to you and your family.The visa you have applied for is part of the Regional Skilled category. The Migration Program planning level for this category has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.This means processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category this program year unless more visa places become available. I cannot advise you whether more visa places will become available in this visa category as planning levels are determined by the Australian Government.As planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.In the meantime, I encourage you to check the department’s website for updated information regarding allocation, processing and any changes to the Skilled Migration Program which may affect you.I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Kind regards
Hi there - I don't believe there is anything for you to do other than wait for the visa grant. If your CO needs anything further they will contact you.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately there are quite a few people waiting in queues relating to DIACs visa priority processing policies and/or changes made in priorities over time.
Issues relating to the massive number of applications for the 175 and 176 visas, and the backlogs that had created, were one of the reasons SkillSelect was introduced. If you look at other threads on this site you will see many people who have waited even longer than yourself.

Potential options would include:
- sit it out and wait until your application is processed
- look to see if you are eligible to apply for a visa with faster expected processing times

Last edited by TeeTMI; Oct 15th 2013 at 10:50 am.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 4:07 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Kind regards
What your CO has said is no different to what is available on the DIBP website. It's known that FS spaces are limited, and once the annual quota is filled, you'd need to wait until the next financial year opens (i.e. the 1st July 2014).

That being said, your CO hasn't said that you'll definitely not be processed this year, just that he or she can't confirm when your application will be completed. So, you should just wait & be thankful that you have a CO. Many people from the time you applied (and before) are still waiting for allocation to a CO.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

If my case has met all its requirements for the grant of visa how will my case be processed further?
I mean to say that how this quota works? And why should I wait till July 2014, if its just the start of year 2013-2014 and why its accepting applications if there are limited available places?

Last edited by beupdate; Oct 15th 2013 at 5:42 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:44 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

If my case has met all its requirements for the grant of visa how will my case be processed further?
I mean to say that how this quota works? And why should I wait till July 2014.
There are only a certain number of places for each category. For example, in last year's planning figures, the number of FS places (the Skilled Australian Sponsored category) was 4200. So 4200 people could be granted a visa in that category in 2012-13, which would mean that if you were applicant number 4201, you would need to wait until the category reopened in July 2013 before your application could be finalised. Even if it was all ready to be granted, if there are no more places available in that program year, then you would need to wait until it reopened.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
There are only a certain number of places for each category. For example, in last year's planning figures, the number of FS places (the Skilled Australian Sponsored category) was 4200. So 4200 people could be granted a visa in that category in 2012-13, which would mean that if you were applicant number 4201, you would need to wait until the category reopened in July 2013 before your application could be finalised. Even if it was all ready to be granted, if there are no more places available in that program year, then you would need to wait until it reopened.

What if the quota is not opened in the following years? What would happen to the case? In the planning level 2013-14, Regional skilled and family sponsored have been merged which makes available places to 28850...my point is that out of these available many would have been granted visa while still many are left..when in my case visa will be granted after grant of all 28850 places even after those who applied afterwards from now on ?

Last edited by beupdate; Oct 15th 2013 at 10:31 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:33 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

What if the quota is not opened in the following years? What would happen to the case? In the planning level 2013-14, Regional skilled and family sponsored have been merged which makes available places to 28850...my point is that out of these available many would have been granted visa while still many are left..when in my case visa will be granted after grant of all 28850 places ?
I'm not sure what answers you are hoping for. If the quota is filled before your visa is granted, you will have to wait for the new quota in July, and then your visa will be granted depending on your position in the queue. If the quota is not reopened, you will not get a visa.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Quota allocation depends on the no. of applications in the planning year whether new or those in the last stages of finalization?
If my application is in final stages will i have the priority over those who have still to lodge an application but have a priority above me.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 12:20 am

Quota allocation depends on the no. of applications in the planning year whether new or those in the last stages of finalization?
If my application is in final stages will i have the priority over those who have still to lodge an application but have a priority above me.
Applications for 176 visa closed at the end of June 2012
Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:43 pm

No. The new visa subclasses will have priority over you.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
What your CO has said is no different to what is available on the DIBP website. It's known that FS spaces are limited, and once the annual quota is filled, you'd need to wait until the next financial year opens (i.e. the 1st July 2014).

That being said, your CO hasn't said that you'll definitely not be processed this year, just that he or she can't confirm when your application will be completed. So, you should just wait & be thankful that you have a CO. Many people from the time you applied (and before) are still waiting for allocation to a CO.
Dear Mrs Green

The allocation timesheet in the immi website shows that all Priority Group 4 applicants have been allocated case officers. So please correct urself.
Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2013, 11:28 pm

Dear Mrs Green

The allocation timesheet in the immi website shows that all Priority Group 4 applicants have been allocated case officers. So please correct urself.
Thanks
Mrs GS never said priority group 4, she said people applying from that time and before are still waiting - many group 5 applicants will be waiting for quite some time before they make it to CO allocation
Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:24 am
Just Joined

rahulpatel1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Mrs Green

Thanks
You have to wait. I am an applicant from August 27, 2007 496 and still waiting. A lot of applicants were received in higher categories than you recently due to the fee increase. They will naturally be processed first. I have seen on other sites a lot of applicants in cat 5 have started receiving CO. Unfortunately our category has limited places so might need to wait more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.