Extension for last date of entry

Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

funonrun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extension for last date of entry

Hi,

We (me & my wife) received PR grant May last year and I moved to oz in mid Jan 2011. My wife is yet to join me in oz, she has to enter before 14th April 2011. She got her Master studies exams in last week of April in home town. I there a way where I can seek extension for a month based on this situation so that she can give her exams. I would not like her to miss this exams.

Has anyone faced this situation earlier and any luck in getting an extensions. Any advice on this would he highly appreciated.

Thanks
Cheers!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extension for last date of entry

She doesn't have to move permanently she can just visit and then return to UK for exams. Many people have to do this validation process, if they are not ready for the big move.

I know this is an additional expense but at least it is only one fare, we are a family of 5 who will all have to do this soon!

I doubt immigration will think she has a special case, she has had plenty of time to validate and still has. Extensions are usually only given for major events like severe illness or bereavement.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the response. Though we have this expensive options. We were assuming the exam dates to be before the last entry date and did not opted for short trip for visa validation. But to our disappointment exams data is just two weeks after last date of entry.

It looks we are only left out to miss this exam.....
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by funonrun
Thanks for the response. Though we have this expensive options. We were assuming the exam dates to be before the last entry date and did not opted for short trip for visa validation. But to our disappointment exams data is just two weeks after last date of entry.

It looks we are only left out to miss this exam.....
But why when she doesn't need too?

All she has to do is go get her visa stamped and get on the next plane out of there if she wants. It is an expensive option but return fights at the moment are at some of the best prices I've seen for ages. It would seem a real shame for her to miss exams for something that she's worked hard for when you do have real options.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kamie26
But why when she doesn't need too?

All she has to do is go get her visa stamped and get on the next plane out of there if she wants. It is an expensive option but return fights at the moment are at some of the best prices I've seen for ages. It would seem a real shame for her to miss exams for something that she's worked hard for when you do have real options.
Exactly. She certainly doesn't need to miss the exam. She can enter, thus getting the visa validated, and then leave again and take the exam.
DIAC aren't likely to extend the date, not when they've had since last May to make the trip anyway.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Nickimas is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anyway she could take the exam in Australia?

Not sure who she is doing her Masters with but if the Uni offer a distance learning course then they may be willing for her to take the exam in Australia as long as they are satisfied that the exam will be carried out correctly.

To be honest although I know that the Open University offer this facility it would at this stage be a lot less stressful for her to validate her visa by returning to the UK for the exam... and there's the huge benefit of all the revision time on the flight.

Hope you manage to resolve it though.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to all for sharing their view and opinion.

Though its a distance education, but don't have the option of taking exams outside the university centre.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funonrun
Thanks to all for sharing their view and opinion.

Though its a distance education, but don't have the option of taking exams outside the university centre.
So, she gets as cheap a flight as poss in the next week or so and heads straight back. I can't see DIAC accepting your reasons for an extension a month before the expiry date. She's had long enough to sort it out.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 6:00 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Theres lots of people that for all sorts of reasons validate their visa then go back to their home country. It's not that unusual.

I cant see DIAC making allowances cos it's not like cancer treatment that needs to be continued or something.

Looks like you might have to get a return ticket mate.