Expired permanent residency

Old Dec 8th 2018, 9:27 am
sed
Just Joined

sed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expired permanent residency

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone on the forum could give some advice. My family all gained permanent residency for Australia in 2008 and lived in the country just over 2 years. Due to family circumstances, we decided to move back to the UK just short of applying for citizenship at the time. We were granted resident return visas before we left but since we have been in the UK all this time they are long expired.

We are now giving serious consideration to returning to Australia (if possible). As far as I can tell we still meet the basic requirements regarding age and skills. Does anyone have any idea what the right approach might be?

I don't think we would be granted a resident return at this late stage. Does our previous permanent residency count for anything or are we better off just applying fresh applications? I'm considering using an immigration agent, would anyone recommend this approach if so do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Andy
Old Dec 8th 2018, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expired permanent residency

An RRV is always a possibility in your situation and that is the only way your previous PR status comes into play. You would need a well crafted application and an agent would help you focus on the important issues to cover.

It it is definitely worth assessing RRV options before looking at long and expensive new PR visa options.