Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Expired (April 2015) Class 175 Visa. Out of options?

Expired (April 2015) Class 175 Visa. Out of options?

Old Apr 16th 2017, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all
Default Expired (April 2015) Class 175 Visa. Out of options?

Ok. I don't want to get into a long conversation as to why we never made the move whilst our Class 175 visa was valid, but I am trying to ascertain whether although circumstances have now changed and a move would now work, whether we don't have any hope of getting even a 3 month RRV and should just close that chapter and move on.

Did not spend 2 years in Aus and I last visited in Feb 2014 for a windsurfing trip. I work in IT and could potentially secure a job in Aus without having to visit Aus. I just need to understand whether a firm job offer now, 2 years after RRV expired would cut it or am I wasting mine and the recruitment companies time?
Old Apr 16th 2017, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expired (April 2015) Class 175 Visa. Out of options?

From what I've seen on here from people in similar circumstances, I'd say with a firm job offer, you would stand a fair to good chance of a RRV.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Are the family now on board with the move?

Are you still looking at Perth? If so, are you aware WA is in a serious recession at the moment? Though Perth was never the strongest place for IT as most of the companies with a big presence in Perth have their IT functions over east.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by louie
From what I've seen on here from people in similar circumstances, I'd say with a firm job offer, you would stand a fair to good chance of a RRV.
Is there anyway of getting a definite idea. Fair or good does provide some hope, but it's not 100%

Originally Posted by verystormy
Are the family now on board with the move?
In a nutshell yes. Which is very frustrating as 2 years ago when I was offered a role in Sydney it was very different. Hence the reason why I am reigniting this.

Are you still looking at Perth? If so, are you aware WA is in a serious recession at the moment? Though Perth was never the strongest place for IT as most of the companies with a big presence in Perth have their IT functions over east.[/QUOTE] I have ruled out Perth as a fair few people have told me the same thing. There seem to be a fair few roles in Sydney and Melbourne that fit my skill set.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 7:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flanagaj
Is there anyway of getting a definite idea. Fair or good does provide some hope, but it's not 100%
The only way to find out for sure is to apply.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had RRV's previously? If not, then I would say you would have a reasonable chance. The department use a fair bit of discretion in granting RRV,s. However, it would likely be a 12 month max.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The only way to find out for sure is to apply.
Agreed. But getting a job offer is pretty hard going. Lots of competition and would be gutting to put all the effort in to securing a job offer only to then find out an RRV will not be granted. I actually don't have any other choice.

Originally Posted by verystormy
Have you had RRV's previously? If not, then I would say you would have a reasonable chance. The department use a fair bit of discretion in granting RRV,s. However, it would likely be a 12 month max.
Not had or applied for an RRV before. A 3 month would suffice, so long as I can enter Aus legally and start the job that is that is required.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. But getting a job offer is pretty hard going. Lots of competition and would be gutting to put all the effort in to securing a job offer only to then find out an RRV will not be granted. I actually don't have any other choice.

Not had or applied for an RRV before. A 3 month would suffice, so long as I can enter Aus legally and start the job that is that is required.
There really is no way to know whether it will be granted until you apply. They are a lot more lenient about granting RRVs these days, but there is still a lot of discretion involved in the decision, hence no-one can say for sure what the outcome will be.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 11:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Yes there is a way of getting a definite idea. Apply for the RRV and you will have 100% assurance of either being granted a visa or not. 100%!!!!!
Old Apr 17th 2017, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

The only things in the world that are 100% are death and taxes.

Except if you're The Donald. Then, taxes don't apply.

Otherwise, just apply & keep your fingers/toes/any other unsecured, loose hanging appendages crossed.

Good luck!
Old Apr 17th 2017, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks all. Just need some of those job applications to turn into interviews.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:28 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

You have nothing to lose by applying for an RRV. I would, if I were you. They've just made it a damned sight harder to get visas now, so I'd do it before they remove that option too.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
You have nothing to lose by applying for an RRV. I would, if I were you. They've just made it a damned sight harder to get visas now, so I'd do it before they remove that option too.
Bit difficult at the moment as, unfortunately, I don't currently have a letter of employment so I suspect RRV would be declined :-(
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:49 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Bit difficult at the moment as, unfortunately, I don't currently have a letter of employment so I suspect RRV would be declined :-(
I do hope you manage to get it.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I do hope you manage to get it.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.