Wikiposts

IT experiences....ACS help

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

oradba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT experiences....ACS help

HI,
I am thinking to apply ACS skill assessment. However, I need someone
who have same experience close to what I have to help me.

After awarded Business degree, I attent a government training on IT
for 6 month full-time basis that focus on Oracle database solution.
Then, I got certificate on this training.

Then, I joined a company as Oracle DBA for 2 years. After one year of
this job, I attend a graduate diaploma of Information system
management at part-time and distance learning basis. The course I
attent is professional level course ( I have checked it before studied
this course)

In addition, I have several OCP certificates.

So far, I have 4 year IT experiences. what will be sucess rate of
passing ACS assessment? Will ACS count my IT experience before this
course as part of 4 years?

any similar background or experience, please help
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future
Default Re: IT experiences....ACS help

Originally Posted by oradba
HI,
I am thinking to apply ACS skill assessment. However, I need someone
who have same experience close to what I have to help me.

After awarded Business degree, I attent a government training on IT
for 6 month full-time basis that focus on Oracle database solution.
Then, I got certificate on this training.

Then, I joined a company as Oracle DBA for 2 years. After one year of
this job, I attend a graduate diaploma of Information system
management at part-time and distance learning basis. The course I
attent is professional level course ( I have checked it before studied
this course)

In addition, I have several OCP certificates.

So far, I have 4 year IT experiences. what will be sucess rate of
passing ACS assessment? Will ACS count my IT experience before this
course as part of 4 years?

any similar background or experience, please help
If you look on the ACS web site regarding skills assessment you will see that you probably fall into Group B, which requires a minimum of 6 years experience currently and will probably get greater as time goes by.

Its also important to note that it is 6 years subsequent to the diploma or other relevant qualification.

So hang on in there and wait.

Hope that helps

B
Old Apr 4th 2005, 5:57 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brutus
Its also important to note that it is 6 years subsequent to the diploma or other relevant qualification.
No it's not. ACS don't use the 'deeming date' in this way any more. When you pass the assessment they still give you a deeming date (the date when you became qualified basically) but they do count pre-qualification experience.

I passed under Group B this year with MCSE and 6 years experience - most of which came before the MCSE.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:40 am
Just Joined

nps101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: IT experiences....ACS help

Originally Posted by wmoore
No it's not. ACS don't use the 'deeming date' in this way any more. When you pass the assessment they still give you a deeming date (the date when you became qualified basically) but they do count pre-qualification experience.

I passed under Group B this year with MCSE and 6 years experience - most of which came before the MCSE.
Hi wmoore

do you know anything about the AQF Dipolma equivlant in the uk. I currently have a BTEC First in Information Technology (1 Year Full Time) and then followed by BTEC National in Information Technology (2 Year Full Time). Then i have 6 3/4 year of experience of which 5 1/2 is a IT Network Manager. I think i fit into the group b assement. But i can not seem to find anywhere where i can check if my formal qualfications are equilvant to a AQF Dipolma.

Any advice would be welcome
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:44 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nps101
do you know anything about the AQF Dipolma equivlant in the uk. I currently have a BTEC First in Information Technology (1 Year Full Time) and then followed by BTEC National in Information Technology (2 Year Full Time). Then i have 6 3/4 year of experience of which 5 1/2 is a IT Network Manager. I think i fit into the group b assement. But i can not seem to find anywhere where i can check if my formal qualfications are equilvant to a AQF Dipolma.
I don't know but you may well find the answer at http://aei.dest.gov.au/AEI/Qualifica...on/default.htm
Old Apr 4th 2005, 1:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nps101
Hi wmoore

Any advice would be welcome
Options are:

- purchase a copy of the UK Country Education Profile from the AEI-NOOSR website which might help, although newer qualifications will not be reflected and/or

- Hire a good agent to handle your case.

Jeremy