Wikiposts

experience - please help

Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:00 am
come on you reds!!!!!

eilish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default experience - please help

hiya, looking to emigrate to perth. husband qualified as plasterer nvq lvl 2 over 13 years ago. has worked in this profession for about 3 years, some of the work was unpaid. can this be put down as well or is it just paid work they are interested in.

sorry for being a dumb brain but needed to ask.

i work for a bank but this is not included in the skilled work category. thinking of going on course for hairdressing to bump up the points, would this help at all. just desperate to go and get a better life for all of us.

are plasterers on the high demand list for western australia?

would appreciate any help.

thanks

eilish
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: experience - please help

Your husband should get some professional assistance to establish whether he as any chance of a skill assessment as a tradesman. If he qualified 13 years ago, what's he been doing over the last 4 years?

Work experience does have to be paid in order to count as 'skilled' for DIMIA.

Western Australia does not participate in STNI so there is no specific shortage list for the state. Employers can sponsor for employer nomination if they can't hire an Australian, but that's different.

Just doing a course in hairdressing won't necessarily get you assessed as a hairdresser (and even then you would need work experience) - as I've said, contact a good agent for advice before you waste a lot of time and money.

Jeremy

Originally posted by eilish
hiya, looking to emigrate to perth. husband qualified as plasterer nvq lvl 2 over 13 years ago. has worked in this profession for about 3 years, some of the work was unpaid. can this be put down as well or is it just paid work they are interested in.

i work for a bank but this is not included in the skilled work category. thinking of going on course for hairdressing to bump up the points, would this help at all. just desperate to go and get a better life for all of us.

thanks

eilish
Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Sono is an unknown quantity at this point

JAJ,how do you prove that work was paid?
In many countries,the employment is legitimate,full time and permanaent,it is declared in income tax returns but one gets cash in hand.There might be no pay slip systems.....how would one prove?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Most people can easily prove their work was paid.

If you declared it in income tax returns, then that's evidence.

If you didn't pay tax on it and there's no documentary evidence, then you may have a problem - I'd use an agent in this kind of case.

And if you have been working in a western country (like the UK) and claim that you were paid cash in hand, be prepared for DIMIA to be suspicious.

Jeremy

Originally posted by Sono
JAJ,how do you prove that work was paid?
In many countries,the employment is legitimate,full time and permanaent,it is declared in income tax returns but one gets cash in hand.There might be no pay slip systems.....how would one prove?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Sono is an unknown quantity at this point

I fully understand...a cash in hand in UK or Australia etc is most of the time illegal work and one is in thick soup ........

My querry was in regard to people from say India or Bangladesh..who work in private firms or companies.What documents do they need to prove work was full time and paid.......
Say one has an employers reference.Will it suffice?

Does any paid work while in professional training count?
Old Apr 29th 2004, 3:07 am
come on you reds!!!!!

thanks

eilish

thank you for replying. in response to your messages my husband qualified in the late 80's early 90's but witht he building recession had to leave this behind and start work for wh smith distributing papers and using fork lift. he worked there for years but then decided to go back to plastering after doing plastering work for friends, relatives etc. he has worked for others plastering and self employed but just wondering how the dimia would look at this. basically speaking if we provided work references for the last say 4-5 years ( or more) what checks are done?

please help. thanks.
also i work for a large bank in there credit card department, also experience with fraud for a while. this probably wont count, so what can we do to bump the points up. just want out of this country by whatever means possible
Old Apr 29th 2004, 3:28 am
DarrenD

Easiest way if if your employer has offices out there and is willing to relocate you. (May not even need to be executive level if you can find a post advertised internally and convince your employer you should fill the position, and are willing to relocate)

Re: getting out, sounds rough, but try looking at other countries too, such as NZ (still need skill assessments etc).

Obviously europe is the easy option, especially post 1st may, as you wont need to apply for visas. E.g. Ireland. (assuming you are on EU passports)....

Old Apr 29th 2004, 4:46 am
come on you reds!!!!!

thanks

eilish
i am sure that barclays do not have offices out in aus, or nz.

my husband and i just want a better life for our daughters, they are now aged 15 & 8. friends have emigrated to perth and have never looked back,i am so jealous. i was under the impression from this forum and others that it is harder to emigrate to nz that oz. my husband has relatives in nz but was advised that immigration will not take this into consideration. is this correct???

please let me know. i appreciate all your comments