British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Exclamation Immigration Procedure - Skilled Immigration (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/exclamation-immigration-procedure-skilled-immigration-749242/)

opfian Feb 21st 2012 5:59 pm

Exclamation Immigration Procedure - Skilled Immigration

Hello,

I am a telecom engr with experience of 5 years. I recently experience in IELTS exam in order to pursue my AU immigration as skilled immigrant.

As per my knowledge, next level will be to get myself accesssed by EA.

Can some body tell me what are requirements of EA to access a telecom engineer??

Moreover, Can some one guide me what are the steps in obtaining skilled immigration, right from IELTS exam to finally stamping of visa??

Bermudashorts Feb 21st 2012 6:46 pm

Re: Exclamation Immigration Procedure - Skilled Immigration

You seem to have already identified the steps: IELTs, skills assessment, state sponsorship (if required), visa application.

Your question on EA is very broad, have you read the instructions? All assessing bodies provide instructions as to what is required for skills assessment you don't need to guess or ask on a forum.

opfian Feb 21st 2012 7:12 pm

I will be accessed by Engineers Australia and its requirement is 6.0 in each module (correct me if i m wrong please).

My result will be announced in 2 weeks. Here I got two questions

For Instance, I get lower than 7.0 in one module and requirement for DIAC/State Sponsorship is 7.0 in each module - than I will have to appear in IELTS again for improving my score.

Can I get myself accessed from EA on old score as their requirement is 6.0?? and later improve my score after assessment.

If i get myself accessed at 6.0 from EA and then later improve my IELTS result to 7.0 each - will it effect my already accessed degree from EA? or Will DIAC/State Sponsorship can raise any question for the reason that my assessment score will be different (i.e 6.0) from the later score (i.e7.0)

Bermudashorts Feb 21st 2012 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by opfian (Post 9913731)
I will be accessed by Engineers Australia and its requirement is 6.0 in each module (correct me if i m wrong please).

For Instance, I get lower than 7.0 in one module and requirement for DIAC/State Sponsorship is 7.0 in each module - than I will have to appear in IELTS again for improving my score.

Can I get myself accessed from EA on old score as their requirement is 6.0?? and later improve my score after assessment.

If i get myself accessed at 6.0 from EA and then later improve my IELTS result to 7.0 each - will it effect my already accessed degree from EA? or Will DIAC/State Sponsorship can raise any question for the reason that my assessment score will be different (i.e 6.0) from the later score (i.e7.0)

I have no idea what EA require, have you read their website, because they will say what their requirements are. If you meet their requirements then you can send in your information to be assessed.

The DIAC requirement is separate, if you need a higher IELTS score for that then you can take IELTS again whilst waiting for your EA assessment. Nobody would even know that your EA used a lower IELTS score and why on earth would anyone care?

Maham Feb 22nd 2012 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by opfian (Post 9913731)

hi,
yes, u can get your degree and experience assessed by EA even if u score less than 7 in IELTS. you can improve the score for DIAC after the assessment.

opfian Feb 22nd 2012 4:46 pm

phew!! thanks