Wikiposts

Exchange Rates

Old Nov 7th 2004, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Jayhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Exchange Rates

Does anyone have any idea on how the exchange rate between sterling and A$ is likely to alter in the near future? I have read a lot on how the re-election of Bush in the US is likely to lead to a drop in the US $ but will the relative strength of the £ grow against the A$ as well?
Old Nov 7th 2004, 9:09 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange Rates

Originally Posted by Jayhall
Does anyone have any idea on how the exchange rate between sterling and A$ is likely to alter in the near future? I have read a lot on how the re-election of Bush in the US is likely to lead to a drop in the US $ but will the relative strength of the £ grow against the A$ as well?
If I knew that I would be a very rich man indeed! The rates you get today are already affected by expectations of what might happen in the future such as interest rates. There are thousands of market analysts all over the world getting paid huge amounts of money to estimate these trends. So if anyone on here can give you a correct answer to your question they are either (a) lucky or (b) and insider trader
Old Nov 7th 2004, 9:38 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Keep up to date and check the exchange rates on this website.....

www.fieba.net/pcc.htm
Old Nov 7th 2004, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi,

Looks like the AUD improved in strength as a result of the US elections - in fact it hit an all new high against the USD breaking .76. This had n impact on the GBP, although the £ is recovering now. Stil, I would suggest that the AUD is slowly strengthening over time, but thats just looking at the graphs.

SS
Old Nov 8th 2004, 2:54 am
Carlton Cold

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:27:06 +0000, Jayhall
<member23350@british_expats.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have any idea on how the exchange rate between sterling and
    >A$ is likely to alter in the near future? I have read a lot on how the
    >re-election of Bush in the US is likely to lead to a drop in the US $
    >but will the relative strength of the £ grow against the A$ as well?

This site has some forcasting news on the AUD as well as other major
currencies.

http://www.oanda.com/products/fxnews/html/fxnews.shtml

Hope this helps!

Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Jayhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Exchange Rates

Thanks for those web addresses. I will pour over them to get some sort of educated guess and then change my money either too early or too late!!!