Wikiposts

Ex-partner wants legal agreement.

Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex-partner wants legal agreement.

Originally Posted by dave7370
Just type Australia CSA into Google and see what it somes up with. Whether the info on their site is out of date I don't know now that the Uk CSA is defunct.
Apparently the UK CSA will continue for the time being. These pages may be of interest:
http://www.csa.gov.uk/new/contact/remo.asp
http://www.csa.gov.au/international/uk.aspx
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:45 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Well Tueday evening is the 'convienient' time for her to meet up. I guess that gives me time to try and get to see a family law solicitor tomorrow and see how the land lies.

I'm not expecting much from her on Tuesday, probably more delay tactics and pussy footing around more than likely. Trying to remain calm, and my wife is being extremely supportive which helps no end, I just can't believe after all this time shes now decided to throw a spanner in the works.

Thanks again for all the replies so far , I'll keep you all posted on how I get on.

Regards,

Dave
Old Jan 14th 2007, 5:20 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Well Tueday evening is the 'convienient' time for her to meet up. I guess that gives me time to try and get to see a family law solicitor tomorrow and see how the land lies.

I'm not expecting much from her on Tuesday, probably more delay tactics and pussy footing around more than likely. Trying to remain calm, and my wife is being extremely supportive which helps no end, I just can't believe after all this time shes now decided to throw a spanner in the works.

Thanks again for all the replies so far , I'll keep you all posted on how I get on.

Regards,

Dave
As someone else mentioned it might help if you offered to let someone accompany you to the medicals or when having passport certified. That way she will know you are not interested in running away with him.

Hopefully you will get a chance to talk to the solicitor and will know more about the legal aspects.

Good luck with your meetings.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:10 am
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by comet555
As someone else mentioned it might help if you offered to let someone accompany you to the medicals or when having passport certified. That way she will know you are not interested in running away with him.

Hopefully you will get a chance to talk to the solicitor and will know more about the legal aspects.

Good luck with your meetings.
My plan was to get this statutory declaration I need from her done at the same time as having the passport and birth certificate copies verified, so she'd never have to let the damn passport out of her sight. I also explained to her about the meds that as he's under 11 there's virtually nothing to it.

I'm sure there's going-on's in the background from someone putting all kinds of stuff in her head. I've been upfront and honest about everything from the start of our application because I'm not jeopardising being deported because I felt like taking a short-cut.

Will post an update once I have one. Hopefully it'll be all
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:13 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe a gentle reminder that denying your family the life you choose would be a sure way to make future relationships very difficult!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:37 am
Ping-ponging Pom

Default Re: Ex-partner wants legal agreement (update)

Had a meeting with the mother of my other son tonight. Was all friendly and the outcome was good.

She's agreed to let him have the meds etc as long as I sign a maintenance contract for our son.

Got to get the meds booked for as soon as poss tomorrow.

Well happy, didn't expect this at all.

Top banana!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ex-partner wants legal agreement (update)

Had a meeting with the mother of my other son tonight. Was all friendly and the outcome was good.

She's agreed to let him have the meds etc as long as I sign a maintenance contract for our son.

Got to get the meds booked for as soon as poss tomorrow.

Well happy, didn't expect this at all.

Top banana!
Well done Dave, good sense prevailed eventually!

Good luck with it!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Im really pleased for you dave
along the same sort of lines does anyone know if a maintainance award that was made in UK will still LEGALLY have to be paid once i go to OZ with the kids? Ex is being very good about it all but would like to know the legalities of it all. off to check out some of those links given to dave who hopefully now wont be needing them

ok found what i need on the links -seems i will be ok csa agreement in UK still stands when i in oz.
.....as you were

Last edited by daunted; Jan 17th 2007 at 8:35 am. Reason: checked links
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:59 am
Just Joined

heather38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Ex-partner wants legal agreement.

Hi Dave

Not sure if you have resolved you issues with your ex partner, need some advice...... my partner (we are not married) has a child of 5 to his ex wife and has regular contact and makes regular payments, however we now want to move to australia and want to know do we have to involve the ex wife and if so to what extent as she is less than amicable about day to day issues!!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Im really pleased for you dave
along the same sort of lines does anyone know if a maintainance award that was made in UK will still LEGALLY have to be paid once i go to OZ with the kids? Ex is being very good about it all but would like to know the legalities of it all. off to check out some of those links given to dave who hopefully now wont be needing them

ok found what i need on the links -seems i will be ok csa agreement in UK still stands when i in oz.
.....as you were

seems i may have been a bit premature! Whilst on holiday at end of july i got to chatting to a couple. The chap worked for CSA and i asked him about what would happen if my ex didnt carry on paying! He said that CSA in UK wouldnt be able to help me but i could take it through the courts as there is a reciprocal agreement between the two countries. SO in short not quite as straight forward as i hoped but there is still some comeback should the worst happen
Old Dec 9th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by daunted
seems i may have been a bit premature! Whilst on holiday at end of july i got to chatting to a couple. The chap worked for CSA and i asked him about what would happen if my ex didnt carry on paying! He said that CSA in UK wouldnt be able to help me but i could take it through the courts as there is a reciprocal agreement between the two countries. SO in short not quite as straight forward as i hoped but there is still some comeback should the worst happen
Does this mean that the Australian CSA will chase the UK parent for the child support???? For more than a year when my ex husband and all his family has constantly been supportive even expressly wanting us to go, and telling us to book the flights!!! We booked our flights last week!(), to be told by my ex husband that he now intends to stop paying me any child support when we go to Australia. It looks as though they have all been trying to get us out of the UK for just this reason! I originally had a CSA agreement for £90 per week in 2000, but I called off the CSA and made a voluntary agreement for £60 per week....which he has reduced in 2005 to only £39 per week....now he wont pay anything! Sorry if it sounds awful but now have 2 children under two with my new partner also.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 3:29 am
Ping-ponging Pom

Originally Posted by Speargun
Does this mean that the Australian CSA will chase the UK parent for the child support???? For more than a year when my ex husband and all his family has constantly been supportive even expressly wanting us to go, and telling us to book the flights!!! We booked our flights last week!(), to be told by my ex husband that he now intends to stop paying me any child support when we go to Australia. It looks as though they have all been trying to get us out of the UK for just this reason! I originally had a CSA agreement for £90 per week in 2000, but I called off the CSA and made a voluntary agreement for £60 per week....which he has reduced in 2005 to only £39 per week....now he wont pay anything! Sorry if it sounds awful but now have 2 children under two with my new partner also.
If you are the one claiming from the CSA and you take the child(ren) out of the UK and are no longer a UK resident then I don't believe you have right to continue to claim. I'd call the UK CSA and find out where you stand if I were you.

Luckily for me and my family, my ex partner and I have come to an agreement whereby I'll send money back to an account in his name for his college fund.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Speargun
There is something called a REMO, which is a reciprocal agreement between countries regarding child maintenance.

The CSA are not able to do anything, once you are in Australia.

It sounds as if you might have to apply through the courts. I advise you to do it, I wish I had done. Google it anyway, and find out.

Best of luck!