Evisitor Visa question

Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Isiwen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evisitor Visa question

Hello there,

I will be going to Aus End of January 14' till the end of April 14 'my visa expires 6th April 14 when I would still be there

''Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

Must not arrive after06 April 2014

Period of stay03 months''

It is an Evisitor Visa which lasts for 1 year and allows me to remain in Aus 3 months each visit.

Therefore, should I apply to extend the visa when im there or will that make me get a NFS on this or should I apply for another Evisitor visa here end of the year around Dec 2013 or will they ask questions etc and I would get a NFS. Ideally I do not want a NFS for our future goals one day.

Hope this makes sense! Thanks
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

StSabre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Evisitor Visa question

"Must not arrive after 6 April 2014" is not the same as "must not be in Australia after 6 April 2014". Visas often have two parts: the first relates to travel to Australia and the second to staying in Australia after you arrive.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply.
What does that mean then....if im there after 6th April what would happen?
Wouldnt i be there without a visa and be illegal?
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isiwen
Thank you for the reply.
What does that mean then....if im there after 6th April what would happen?
Wouldnt i be there without a visa and be illegal?
You must ENTER before April 6th, and may then stay for 3 months.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Oh brill I was worried so even if my visa expires when im there its still ok?
Was just this bit

Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

So others do this and go say May 5th if i flew back for example. I might sound really dumb just want to make 100% sure. Know any examples of people who done this

Thank you!!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 10:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isiwen
Oh brill I was worried so even if my visa expires when im there its still ok?
Was just this bit

Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

So others do this and go say May 5th if i flew back for example. I might sound really dumb just want to make 100% sure. Know any examples of people who done this

Thank you!!
Hi wen - I'm no expert but it seems fairly straightforward - if you arrive at the end of January, then you'd need to leave by the end of April (3 months). If you arrive at the end of February, you'd need to leave by the end of May, etc.

I would think that if you arrived at the end of January and stayed until 5 May, you'd be breaching the 3 months condition and be overstaying. But as I said, I'm not an expert!

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Oct 9th 2013 at 10:50 am. Reason: Disclaimer added ;-)