evisa - unable to attach documents

Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Exclamation evisa - unable to attach documents

Hi all,

i just lodged my gsm 175 application through the online service and received a TRN and receipt.

how ever when i try to log in giving my password/birthdate/trn
it gives the following:

The following errors have been encountered:
You cannot attach documents to this application.

i am really worried i will not be able to submit the documents in 28 days time. Any ideas are welcome. thanks in advance.

mala
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Cool Re: evisa - unable to attach documents

Call up the DIAC or DIMA office in Adelaide and explain them. they will help you. contact details are given below.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

plumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud of
Default Re: evisa - unable to attach documents

Originally Posted by mala
Hi all,

i just lodged my gsm 175 application through the online service and received a TRN and receipt.

how ever when i try to log in giving my password/birthdate/trn
it gives the following:

The following errors have been encountered:
You cannot attach documents to this application.

i am really worried i will not be able to submit the documents in 28 days time. Any ideas are welcome. thanks in advance.

mala
Hi Mala
Have you received an acknowledgement letter by email yet? The same thing happened to us and until you receive that email you can't go any further we applied online for a 175 visa august 19th and we received the email monday 28th september after numerous phone calls and emails to diac

Sue
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

Thanks so much Sue. No, i havent got an email from them. It crossed my mind whether they activate it only after they despatch the email to me. Do u think i should wait for the email or should i drop an email to them ? could you please let me know the email address as well? Also, i managed to download only 4 of the pre-printed PDF health docs etc. and lost my link. will they be available for download again or can i just submit a handwritten one for the rest of the ppl in my application?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks peaceboy. i did that already but only recived an automated reply :-(
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

plumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud of

Thanks so much Sue. No, i havent got an email from them. It crossed my mind whether they activate it only after they despatch the email to me. Do u think i should wait for the email or should i drop an email to them ? could you please let me know the email address as well? Also, i managed to download only 4 of the pre-printed PDF health docs etc. and lost my link. will they be available for download again or can i just submit a handwritten one for the rest of the ppl in my application?
It was a bit of a nightmare ours got "stuck" in the system which apparantly happens sometimes, it normally clears in a week but sometimes it takes longer i emailed diac who passed me on to their IT dept who promised to try and "push" it through but a month later they still wasn't able to so they had to do it manually which means we now can't check our progress online and we have to send our documents by email rather than uploading them but our date of application is still from when we first applied and time wise we are still classed as an online applicant rather than paper based which take a lot longer it's just a real pain not being able to check whats going on.

sue
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by plumbobs
It was a bit of a nightmare ours got "stuck" in the system which apparantly happens sometimes, it normally clears in a week but sometimes it takes longer i emailed diac who passed me on to their IT dept who promised to try and "push" it through but a month later they still wasn't able to so they had to do it manually which means we now can't check our progress online and we have to send our documents by email rather than uploading them but our date of application is still from when we first applied and time wise we are still classed as an online applicant rather than paper based which take a lot longer it's just a real pain not being able to check whats going on.

sue
Damn... sorry to hear that sue.
do u think i should drop a mail. any idea how long it takes them to acknowledge the application?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Damn... sorry to hear that sue.
do u think i should drop a mail. any idea how long it takes them to acknowledge the application?
Most seem to be acknowledged immediatly others within 48 hrs and the unlucky ones weeks! I would leave it a couple of days then email diac and tell them you still havn't had it, tell you what though after a month of waiting it's fantastic when you receive it, sad isn't it!!!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Gypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: evisa - unable to attach documents

Did you set a new password which was different from the password set while filling the application.

At the time of filling application, you might have used a password. Then after filling the application again, it will ask you to set the password again.

I had the same experience but on using the old password it worked and I don't understand why it was not accepting the new password.

Hope this helps ?!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

volvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nice

Hey mala, I can understand the distress you might 've gone through when it happened as i've also gone through the same situation..

On the very next day i've received an automated acknowledgement mail which had an email id where I was instructed to send all my documents if in case I was not able to attach it online.

I guess you can stop worrying about the 28 days deadline to submit the documents, if you do a search here in the forum. As far as i understood, this deadline is functional when it is given by a case officer. On the other hand if you are sending mail/attaching documents (I've attached online after 2 months and it worked very well!) all the documents will be attached against your application automatically ..

Originally Posted by Gypsy.
Did you set a new password which was different from the password set while filling the application.

At the time of filling application, you might have used a password. Then after filling the application again, it will ask you to set the password again.

I had the same experience but on using the old password it worked and I don't understand why it was not accepting the new password.

Hope this helps ?!

I had a similar experience too.. i was asked to set password after applying but it was showing error every time i entered a password... Neither did my old password get recognised by the server..

2 - 3 weeks later i've tried my old password (which i was using for saving and continuing the application before applying) and it worked...

Regards,

Jerome

Last edited by volvox; Sep 30th 2008 at 6:28 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by volvox
Hey mala, I can understand the distress you might 've gone through when it happened as i've also gone through the same situation..

On the very next day i've received an automated acknowledgement mail which had an email id where I was instructed to send all my documents if in case I was not able to attach it online.

I guess you can stop worrying about the 28 days deadline to submit the documents, if you do a search here in the forum. As far as i understood, this deadline is functional when it is given by a case officer. On the other hand if you are sending mail/attaching documents (I've attached online after 2 months and it worked very well!) all the documents will be attached against your application automatically ..

I had a similar experience too.. i was asked to set password after applying but it was showing error every time i entered a password... Neither did my old password get recognised by the server..

2 - 3 weeks later i've tried my old password (which i was using for saving and continuing the application before applying) and it worked...

Regards,

Jerome
Thanks every one. I havent yet received the acknowledgement email but i can now attach docs :-) and i am sooooooooooo relived. thanks again every one