Evidence of employment

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

kakalala is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evidence of employment

Dear all,

I worked in Australia in University as a postdoctoral before. Now I am not in Australia anymore. I start preparing to apply for a PR in Australia.
First of all, they require skills assessment. In the skills assessment, they ask me evidence of employment (my postdoctoral).

Do I need to contact the previous University, so they could certify that I worked there for them, or I just attach my former contract with the University to the application form? I am afraid that I might not find my former contract.

In fact, I do not know what evidence I need to give them.
Anyone who experienced this situation before, please help.
Thank you very much.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

JoannaAch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Evidence of employment

Originally Posted by kakalala
Dear all,

I worked in Australia in University as a postdoctoral before. Now I am not in Australia anymore. I start preparing to apply for a PR in Australia.
First of all, they require skills assessment. In the skills assessment, they ask me evidence of employment (my postdoctoral).

Do I need to contact the previous University, so they could certify that I worked there for them, or I just attach my former contract with the University to the application form? I am afraid that I might not find my former contract.

In fact, I do not know what evidence I need to give them.
Anyone who experienced this situation before, please help.
Thank you very much.
Hi, You need a reference letter from you previous PI. If you can not contact him/her, try someone higher (like director of the institute?), they should be able to prepare one for you. If that is also not possible, you can always prepare statutory declaration yourself, there are instructions for that on VETASSESS website.
As for work contract - it would be really really good if you could find it. Maybe ask HR department for a copy?
In addition you will need payslips (2 is enough, if the starting date is mentioned on it). You can find a checklist on VETASESS website for all the required documents.
If you have any other questions, let me know! Good luck with your assessment
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:38 am
Just Joined

sbj7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Evidence of employment

Hi all,

I am also applying for PR through a university (as a research and development manager, not academic staff). I wonder if anyone here might have some experience or advice regarding 'relevant work experience' . I have 18months as a research officer and 3 yrs as a practising doctor. As I'm applying for a post in medical research I would hope that my medical experience is counted as relevant, but when I called immigration they said the main duties would most likely need to fit the ANZSCO description for research and development manager. It;s so tricky! My ultimate goal is to be able to enrol as a domestic student for the fully funded phd I've been offered, rather than pay the $37000 annual fees I cant afford!
Hope someone is able to able. Thanks.