Is everything slowing down?

Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Is everything slowing down?

Hi All

Don't know if it's just me be cynical and pesimistic but does it not look as if everything is slowing down? There have been very few GOT IT'S recently thats pre and post July. Pre grant's are being issued and then nothing. Assurors details are sent to centrelink left there for approx 6-8 wks, bond is then lodged and then nothing.

Surely if dimia have targets to meet then they have to start issuing visas. I realise that this site is just a very small minority in the amount of people that have applied but we should see some results.

My details were passed to centrelink in Sept. and I was hopeful I would be in Aus by January. This now looks very doubtful as my bond hasn't even been lodged. I'm sure I'll get a pre grant rather than grant as since I started this process so many things have changed at dimia and I've always had to go the long way round to get this far.

Disillusioned from Glasgow
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Is everything slowing down?

Originally Posted by jayne+doug
Hi All

Don't know if it's just me be cynical and pesimistic but does it not look as if everything is slowing down? There have been very few GOT IT'S recently thats pre and post July. Pre grant's are being issued and then nothing. Assurors details are sent to centrelink left there for approx 6-8 wks, bond is then lodged and then nothing.

Surely if dimia have targets to meet then they have to start issuing visas. I realise that this site is just a very small minority in the amount of people that have applied but we should see some results.

My details were passed to centrelink in Sept. and I was hopeful I would be in Aus by January. This now looks very doubtful as my bond hasn't even been lodged. I'm sure I'll get a pre grant rather than grant as since I started this process so many things have changed at dimia and I've always had to go the long way round to get this far.

Yes. I could well die before my application progresses any further :-)
Old Oct 27th 2004, 1:29 pm
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Is everything slowing down?

Hi All

To be honest it's bloody pathetic how slowly it all seems to be moving, we are 136 on the MODL, DIMIA promised our case would be assessed by end of OCT, we dont even have a case officer as yet.

The most frustrating thing is DIMIA will tell you sod all, they have a bloody traffic warden mentality which is a total pain in the ar&e.

The waiting & lack of info fairly crushes your enthusiasm for the whole venture.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Is everything slowing down?

Hi Toadfish

I feel exactly as you. Although I have a case officer (I am also on MODL) and was informed that my case had been assessed and my assurors details were sent to centrelink but I can guarantee you that when the get back to my application once centrelink get their act together dimia will request something despite being told they did not require any more info.

I think dimia are just dragging the heels with pre July and basically don't give a stuff. As christmas is approaching things will probaly get worse.

The only consolation for you is hopefully when they get round to assess your application you'll get your visa (if you've frontloaded meds etc.) So try and remain optimistic there is still a very good chance you'll get your visa in your christmas stocking unlike me who probably be lucky if the easter bunny brings it.

It's good to be able to sound off on this forum and we're all in the same boat.
Keep your chin up as everyone keeps telling you it will happen EVENTUALLY

Take care
Jayne
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:27 pm
KRSC Member

Talking Re: Is everything slowing down?

Hi Toadfish

I feel exactly as you. Although I have a case officer (I am also on MODL) and was informed that my case had been assessed and my assurors details were sent to centrelink but I can guarantee you that when the get back to my application once centrelink get their act together dimia will request something despite being told they did not require any more info.

I think dimia are just dragging the heels with pre July and basically don't give a stuff. As christmas is approaching things will probaly get worse.

The only consolation for you is hopefully when they get round to assess your application you'll get your visa (if you've frontloaded meds etc.) So try and remain optimistic there is still a very good chance you'll get your visa in your christmas stocking unlike me who probably be lucky if the easter bunny brings it.

It's good to be able to sound off on this forum and we're all in the same boat.
Keep your chin up as everyone keeps telling you it will happen EVENTUALLY

Take care
Jayne
Jayne, cheers, i for one will strangle the next person who tells me dont worry it will happen, "i feel like saying, and tell me how the F**k do you know that?"

All the above is total frustration at a year of waiting, meds worries, house sales worries. family politic's" blah blah etc etc. Unless you have done it then i honestly dont think you realise the stress involved.

Cheers

The TOADFISH.

PS. Where are you from? as we are from Bonny Glesga!!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:41 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TOADFISH
Jayne, cheers, i for one will strangle the next person who tells me dont worry it will happen, "i feel like saying, and tell me how the F**k do you know that?"

All the above is total frustration at a year of waiting, meds worries, house sales worries. family politic's" blah blah etc etc. Unless you have done it then i honestly dont think you realise the stress involved.

Cheers

The TOADFISH.

Hi

Well Why don't we all send a collective letter to DIMIA again and ask for a proper and realistic deadline or ask them to process the pre july in the first place then the post july applications.

Badri
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:54 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I havent got as far as you guys, but i know the TRA wait is bad enough so can imagine how frustrating it all is.

I just cant understand why they are dragging their heels so much, bearing in mind we keep hearing how desperate they are for people.

Is there any pattern to the visas they are granting, or is it just a general go slow across the board??
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

Hi Jayne & Doug

Can I just ask if you are old MODL or new MODL. We are 138's new MODL and our completed application was sent mid March but we have not heard a thing from ASPC.

Many thanks
Theresa
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:01 pm
KRSC Member

Originally Posted by bridiej
I havent got as far as you guys, but i know the TRA wait is bad enough so can imagine how frustrating it all is.

I just cant understand why they are dragging their heels so much, bearing in mind we keep hearing how desperate they are for people.

Is there any pattern to the visas they are granting, or is it just a general go slow across the board??
Bridie, i am willing to be proved wrong, but i have been trying to establish if there is a pattern, and there is not, it is just a general go slow across the board.

I also feel it is about time the agents started asking what the hells going on, i know this is there living and they dont want to rock the boat, but bad service is bad service and it's about time DIMIA where asked what the hell is going on?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:05 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Bridie, i am willing to be proved wrong, but i have been trying to establish if there is a pattern, and there is not, it is just a general go slow across the board.

I also feel it is about time the agents started asking what the hells going on, i know this is there living and they dont want to rock the boat, but bad service is bad service and it's about time DIMIA where asked what the hell is going on?
You are right I think its about time to ask DIMIA what's going on.

Yes, the better way could be the agent asking the DIMIA what's going on instead of all of us bombarding them. Its also the responsibity of the agent too ask the DIMIA.

Badri
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers

The TOADFISH.

Hey Toady

Maybe we're just moanin' scots. Our situation is exactly the same. We have sold our house and move on 14 Jan. Initially I was hopeful we'd have our visa by then but it looks like we're going to have to stay with my mum who lives on her own, doesn't want us to go and although pleased that we are going to stay with her I know for certain that after living with me, hubby and 3 very energetic boys she could very well turn round and say 'get oot a ma hoose, this is ma hoose and a canny cope wi aw this noise.' So it really is a bloody nightmare. You sometimes wonder 'why did I start all this, I have a reasonably good life here,' after all thats what everyone says when you say your going to live in Australia. If it wasn't for my sister who lives in Oz and all the dreams I have of giving my boys a better outdoor life I could quite easily (and have done on many ocassions) forget it. But hey I've come this far no point in giving up now. I always like to know then end of the story.

I am from Uddingston just outside Glasgow a control freak and desperate to start living my life again instead of it being on hold.

Jayne
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Stef :) is an unknown quantity at this point

"...for a proper and realistic deadline or ask them to process the pre july..."

I contacted the ASPC recently and was told that "the 4-6 months for processing is only a guideline". Unfortunately we had not spotted a spelling mistake on my husbands Police Check. Aledgedly our application will be 'fast-tracked' upon receipt of the new one (they've had it for two weeks!!!) and will not be drawn as to what 'fast-tracking' really is.
What with selling the house, moving, living with relatives and changing jobs this has to be the most stressful time of our lives, its really getting to my husband.... I may have to kill him.
Fingers crossed for everybody
Stef
MODL (Nurse) 1 June 2004 applicant... with job etc waiting....
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:29 pm
KRSC Member

Hey Toady

Maybe we're just moanin' scots. Our situation is exactly the same. We have sold our house and move on 14 Jan. Initially I was hopeful we'd have our visa by then but it looks like we're going to have to stay with my mum who lives on her own, doesn't want us to go and although pleased that we are going to stay with her I know for certain that after living with me, hubby and 3 very energetic boys she could very well turn round and say 'get oot a ma hoose, this is ma hoose and a canny cope wi aw this noise.' So it really is a bloody nightmare. You sometimes wonder 'why did I start all this, I have a reasonably good life here,' after all thats what everyone says when you say your going to live in Australia. If it wasn't for my sister who lives in Oz and all the dreams I have of giving my boys a better outdoor life I could quite easily (and have done on many ocassions) forget it. But hey I've come this far no point in giving up now. I always like to know then end of the story.

I am from Uddingston just outside Glasgow a control freak and desperate to start living my life again instead of it being on hold.

Jayne

All of the above agreed, i am from Kirkintilloch, just outside Glasgow, about 25 mins from UDDINGSTON? Take care i amgoing to post one for the agents & see what type of response we get.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Theresa, Ian & Tim
Hi Jayne & Doug

Can I just ask if you are old MODL or new MODL. We are 138's new MODL and our completed application was sent mid March but we have not heard a thing from ASPC.

Many thanks
Theresa

Hi Theresa

We are old MODL and applied in April. I am a nurse and was supposed to be processed within 6 months. I know that my visa class does take a bit longer usually an extra month but that was before centrelink were added to the equation. Even at the centrelink stage pre July are treated disgracefully despite the fact that all the paper work is complete as you know you have to lodged sponsor and assuror details with application for pre July. Really if centrelink concentrated on pre July they would get things done alot quicker as they only have to check over the paperwork and ask for the bond to be lodged. Post July have to complete all the forms attend an interview and lodge the bond and this is still being done quicker than pre July. Dimia should have applied the same rules for all sponsored visas lodged before 1 July and dealt with sponsors and assurors themselves allowing centrelink to take over when they had done their part and left centrelink to deal with post July. Now centrelink have over 10,000 applications to deal with and don't have the resources.

Since July the dimia have made an arse of applications and basically don't have a clue as to what is going on anymore so asking them for some clarification is a waste of breath.

I am getting angrier everytime I post on this thread the more I think about it the more I feel I've been let down.

Jayne
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:43 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant understand why they are so slow, I think you are right to ask the agents to help otherwise if you all get in contact with them direct not only will they be bombarded and held up even more but they might take offence and throw our application out!!!

Good luck with it, I will keep an eye out for your posts.

Wanted to say dont worry, it will all get sorted but I wont, will just keep my fingers crossed for you all x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.