Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old May 28th 2009, 2:51 pm
SRK
Just Joined

SRK is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Hi Folks!
Just a newbie here. Congratulations to everyone who are upto the final VISA mark!.. seems like a long way ahead. Anyways, My sister (Australian Citizen) have applied for my parents CV 173 lodged in May 2008 and ack. on 27th May. it seems that we still have to forgo another couple of months before we hear anything. But I think the speed/progress is pretty satisfactory. I would also be emailing sandch for adding my case aswell to be on track with everyone else..!
Regards
SRK
Old May 29th 2009, 12:52 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by SRK
Hi Folks!
Just a newbie here. Congratulations to everyone who are upto the final VISA mark!.. seems like a long way ahead. Anyways, My sister (Australian Citizen) have applied for my parents CV 173 lodged in May 2008 and ack. on 27th May. it seems that we still have to forgo another couple of months before we hear anything. But I think the speed/progress is pretty satisfactory. I would also be emailing sandch for adding my case aswell to be on track with everyone else..!
Regards
SRK
Welcome! Yes about 14 months to go before the next communication. Have a read of the forum and ask any questions. Cheers
Old May 29th 2009, 12:55 am
Just Joined

jat1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to you all,
Another newbie....my mum lodged her cpv 143 Feb 08, ack...21/02/08....and I called PVC (POPC) on Tuesday, spoke to a lovely lady who informed me that mum had been allocated a case officer the day before.....26/05/09
I wish you all the very best of luck,
Keep smiling
jat1968
Old May 29th 2009, 5:14 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know what happened...

My mum's (nickname Jillany) application was acknowledged on Jan 29th, 2008. I've been watching Sandch's spreadsheet regularly to see when my mum could expect a case officer. I noticed that people whose applications were received after hers had been assigned case officers already, so I decided to give POPC a call to see what was happening.

They told me my mum had been assigned a case officer on April 21st and apparently we had been informed by post and by email. They put me through to the case officer and she double checked our email addresses and postal address, and everything was correct. So - somehow - I managed to miss both a postal letter AND an email???? I can't believe that!!! I've been checking my emails about three times a day lately looking for something from them.

Apparently the original letter said we had till June 10th to get the forms to them. Well, that isn't going to happen! Luckily the case officer gave us an extension - another 49 days from today. She also told me that had all my mum's forms been received by June 10th, she would have received her visa before the end of June. Now she has to wait till the next financial year.

I was absolutely gutted to hear that - I have a baby due June 26th, and it would have been amazingly wonderful to have her here sooner.

Anyway, this is just a heads up. Take a look at Sandch's spreadsheet, and if you think you should have received a case officer already, based on everyone elses dates, it would be a good idea to check!!

Sandch - thank you so much for what you do with that spreadsheet. If I hadn't seen it I would never have known to call POPC and maybe after June 10th they would have scrapped my mum's application due to not hearing from us.

Good luck everyone!

W.
Old May 29th 2009, 6:07 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know what happened...

My mum's (nickname Jillany) application was acknowledged on Jan 29th, 2008. I've been watching Sandch's spreadsheet regularly to see when my mum could expect a case officer. I noticed that people whose applications were received after hers had been assigned case officers already, so I decided to give POPC a call to see what was happening.

They told me my mum had been assigned a case officer on April 21st and apparently we had been informed by post and by email. They put me through to the case officer and she double checked our email addresses and postal address, and everything was correct. So - somehow - I managed to miss both a postal letter AND an email???? I can't believe that!!! I've been checking my emails about three times a day lately looking for something from them.

Apparently the original letter said we had till June 10th to get the forms to them. Well, that isn't going to happen! Luckily the case officer gave us an extension - another 49 days from today. She also told me that had all my mum's forms been received by June 10th, she would have received her visa before the end of June. Now she has to wait till the next financial year.

I was absolutely gutted to hear that - I have a baby due June 26th, and it would have been amazingly wonderful to have her here sooner.

Anyway, this is just a heads up. Take a look at Sandch's spreadsheet, and if you think you should have received a case officer already, based on everyone elses dates, it would be a good idea to check!!

Sandch - thank you so much for what you do with that spreadsheet. If I hadn't seen it I would never have known to call POPC and maybe after June 10th they would have scrapped my mum's application due to not hearing from us.

Good luck everyone!

W.
My goodness, lucky that you are on the ball and checked with POPC. I agree with you about the spreadsheet, it is excellent in many ways.
Hopefully all will work out well now, and good luck with the forthcoming happy event!

Cheers

Matt.
Old May 29th 2009, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Hi W,
I'm really sorry to hear about your mums delay ....when I rang to check on my mums progress, after reading recent posts...they had wrong email, had been entered into the computer incorrectly, they had an underscore instead of a dash!!! So glad I phoned, just had that gut feeling....
Jx
Old May 29th 2009, 6:53 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wanderlust

That's a real close call, but you've shown that it pays to be proactive. I hope your Mum can get over for a visit, but I know it's not easy due to the distance and cost. Our granddaughter was born 3 days after we arrived for a visit last year, perfect timing from the little one (and her Mum of course). Sadly we missed her first birthday early this month, but we'll catch up. Anyway, I'm glad our little database helped - that's exactly what it is for.
Best wishes
Steve
Old May 29th 2009, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by SRK
Hi Folks!
Regards
SRK
Hi SRK
Welcome, and you're on the list! At some point let us know if you are using an agent, and good luck with the waiting game.
Cheers
Steve
Old May 29th 2009, 7:46 am
SRK
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mark213
Welcome! Yes about 14 months to go before the next communication. Have a read of the forum and ask any questions. Cheers
Hay Mark!
Thanks for welcoming.. yeah I am waiting desperately for CO allocation.. I admit that it is very pleasing to see sanch's spreadsheet.. it gave me a very good idea on how things are moving.. and also relaxed me a bit thinking "Oh yeah..everyone is on the same boat".. not just me myself stuck in a boat with no spare life-saving boats and vests .

Yes i have been thorugh the forum.. took me nearly 5 hours reading through 2 threads.. so yeah enough research done on the forum.. so I thought "let throw a reply too"..

Can anyone tell me how to add those little ending stating CPV ack. granted etc.. Help will be much appreciated!

Last edited by SRK; May 29th 2009 at 7:53 am.
Old May 29th 2009, 7:49 am
SRK
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sandch
Hi SRK
Welcome, and you're on the list! At some point let us know if you are using an agent, and good luck with the waiting game.
Cheers
Steve
Hey Sandch!
Thanks for adding me on the list.. I feel like I am part of the raceeeeee tooo!!... Yeah ur spreadsheet is awesome, and I am also GLAD THAT FEB. PROCESS HAS STARTED!!!!!!
Old May 29th 2009, 7:51 am
SRK
Just Joined

Hi SRK
At some point let us know if you are using an agent,
Hey steve, No I am not using an agent at the moment..!
Old May 29th 2009, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by SRK
Can anyone tell me how to add those little ending stating CPV ack. granted etc.. Help will be much appreciated!
Hi SRK: If you go to the menu item "my profile" you'll see an option to create a signature on the left; after you've saved it, you then have the option to add it to any of your posts.
Old May 29th 2009, 8:38 am
SRK
Just Joined

Hi SRK: If you go to the menu item "my profile" you'll see an option to create a signature on the left; after you've saved it, you then have the option to add it to any of your posts.
Well just tried it.. seems like still not working!
Old May 29th 2009, 8:38 am
SRK
Just Joined

Hey no, it is damn working..!
Old May 29th 2009, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Hi Sandch,
Thanks for adding us to tracker.....I'm trying to copy SRK and put on signature....OMG I need a glass of wine....
Jx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.