Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old May 9th 2009, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice
Default Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by jean58
hi there, a bit more news,we have been asked to pay final application charge.Only problem is we have got 28 days to pay it! After all ths time waiting we will get there. For tracker steve, 2nd VAC requested 08/05/09. They never told us but hubbies meds must have been ok
Jean
Oh no, that's very scary. I thought they would allow longer than 28 days I must admit (I thought I saw somewhere that it was 70 days). More sleepless nights then, hey ho!
Old May 9th 2009, 5:23 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, a bit more news,we have been asked to pay final application charge.Only problem is we have got 28 days to pay it! After all ths time waiting we will get there. For tracker steve, 2nd VAC requested 08/05/09. They never told us but hubbies meds must have been ok
Jean
Great news, another Red Star in the making, keep them coming!!

Cheers
Matt
Old May 9th 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

gill aussie dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Jean
Hi thats scary news but good at the same time gives hope for those of us longing to be a red star!!

gill 58
Old May 10th 2009, 12:55 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by coloneldube
Oh no, that's very scary. I thought they would allow longer than 28 days I must admit (I thought I saw somewhere that it was 70 days). More sleepless nights then, hey ho!
And the exchange rate now is less than $2 for the pound!
Old May 10th 2009, 4:35 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hello all,

I have a quick question....

If you get granted your CPV, come to Australia to validate it but can't move over straight away.... how much time do you have between validating and having to relocate permanently?

Cheers,

W.
Old May 10th 2009, 7:43 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Hello all,

I have a quick question....

If you get granted your CPV, come to Australia to validate it but can't move over straight away.... how much time do you have between validating and having to relocate permanently?

Cheers,

W.
The visa "includes a return travel facility which allows the holder to travel in and out of Australia as a permanent resident for a period of five years from the date it was granted" (quote from letter of grant)
Old May 10th 2009, 10:02 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sandch
The visa "includes a return travel facility which allows the holder to travel in and out of Australia as a permanent resident for a period of five years from the date it was granted" (quote from letter of grant)
Thanks for that Sandch! (Congrats to you by the way )

Do you think that would apply for a 173 visa as well? (pay half now, half in 2 years)
Old May 10th 2009, 11:35 am
Just Joined

mikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nice

Wanderlust, the 173 is valid for 2 years.
You can make an initial entry and go back.
However, you need to make sure that you apply for 143 before the 173 expires in 2 years.
Old May 10th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Are the processing times any different if you apply for the 173 first? If you apply for the CPV temporary visa 173 does the processing time take as long as the for the permanent 143? If you were granted the 173 and then after 2 years applied for the 143 does the processing time from 173 to 143 take as long as just applying for the permanent visa, i.e approx 18 months to 2 years?
Old May 10th 2009, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Originally Posted by mark213
And the exchange rate now is less than $2 for the pound!
Don't, it's quite disheartening at the moment. All our income will come from the UK too so it's doubly depressing. Only good thing is that we did transfer most of the visa costs back in October when the exchange rate was 2.5. Still, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
Old May 10th 2009, 6:26 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coloneldube
Don't, it's quite disheartening at the moment. All our income will come from the UK too so it's doubly depressing. Only good thing is that we did transfer most of the visa costs back in October when the exchange rate was 2.5. Still, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
That was definitely a good move! We were going to open a savings account with Bendigo Bank and transfer the visa money there back in January 2008, but our son talked us out of it, should have gone with our own feelings!! Will cost quite a few more £s now!

Cheers
Matt
Old May 10th 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi everyoAfter all this tne

Greetings from Sydney. We have just validated our visas. No red carpet or fanfares but a big smile fom the immigration lady.

After all the time it has taken though, we did get quite emotional. Silly us!!

Just got to return and sell the house.

Charlie
Old May 10th 2009, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

val-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie5

Greetings from Sydney. We have just validated our visas. No red carpet or fanfares but a big smile fom the immigration lady.

Charlie
Hi Charlie and welcome to Oz. How I long to see that immigration lady smile and to know that we no longer have to do the Auckland shuttle. We've been here since October 2006 on temp visas and just want to be able to call this wonderful country "home".

Good luck with your house sale and have a wonderful time whilst you're here.

Val
Old May 11th 2009, 6:39 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Charlie
Hi Charlie and good to hear from you.
Hope the dollar rate improves a bit for when you next go out there. It makes Australia look rather expensive. We should get our passports back this week and then have the rather enjoyable task of planning a trip ourselves. At least you're returning here to a bright summer, and the economic mood is not quite a dire as it has been for the last 2 years or so.
Regards
Steve
Old May 11th 2009, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Charlie
hi charlie, hope you are having a wonderful time in sydney, we came back from ANOTHER perth holiday 4 weeks ago and i was crying on take off, we still have a few, ok quite a few months, ahead of us, so looks like its got to be ANOTHER holiday at xmas lol -sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.