Europe To Oz

Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice
Default Re: Europe To Oz

Hi Paula

You are absolutely right, it has made it easier knowing you have already made the break from family and friends and that it is not impossible to do and that life goes on! Doesn't matter where you are in the world if you have email or a phone!!!!

We are planning on heading to Adelaide (although if we get the 175 we could go anywhere) because it just sounds like it would be best for us with regards to climate, location, cost of living etc. We are doing a recce trip next Feb for 3 weeks to make sure, if we don't like it then we will try somewhere else before making the big move, rather than waiting until we have packed up our stuff, taken the girls out of school etc.

Are you having a holiday before your husband starts work or is he jumping straight in? My husband is a builder/plasterer and he says if we can afford it, he would like to have a couple of months off. Hopefully, there will be plenty of work and it would be a couple of months off due to choice rather than having to......!

We have no regrets either, just means that we know it will soooo much easier sorting things out when you speak the same language - no more dreading the phone ringing, in case it is someone french!!!!!

Regards

Carla
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by carla-trev
Hi Paula

You are absolutely right, it has made it easier knowing you have already made the break from family and friends and that it is not impossible to do and that life goes on! Doesn't matter where you are in the world if you have email or a phone!!!!

We are planning on heading to Adelaide (although if we get the 175 we could go anywhere) because it just sounds like it would be best for us with regards to climate, location, cost of living etc. We are doing a recce trip next Feb for 3 weeks to make sure, if we don't like it then we will try somewhere else before making the big move, rather than waiting until we have packed up our stuff, taken the girls out of school etc.

Are you having a holiday before your husband starts work or is he jumping straight in? My husband is a builder/plasterer and he says if we can afford it, he would like to have a couple of months off. Hopefully, there will be plenty of work and it would be a couple of months off due to choice rather than having to......!

We have no regrets either, just means that we know it will soooo much easier sorting things out when you speak the same language - no more dreading the phone ringing, in case it is someone french!!!!!

Regards

Carla
I do relate to those dreaded phone calls. We will be diving straight in, just one night stopover in Singapore, 4 nights in Sydney, then fly up to Brisbane and by all accounts Simon will start work a few days later. Poor bugger. It will be good for us all to get settled and into a routine, especially for the boys, get them into school and making friends. Just in time for their summer! I will have forgotten what winters are like by the time one comes round. Have a good day.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
congrats on getting your visa! must be great feeling, I am not really turning green with envy!

where are you heading?

regards

david

Hi David,

We are heading for Melbourne. Have close Aunt and Uncle and three cousins in Melbourne, also Uncle and two cousins in Brisbane. Friends moved to Adelaide and others moved to Perth both sets loving it and have made a great sucess of their new lives. We have been over several times and have just booked validation trip for 20th October cannot wait. I love Melbourne feels like home, other locations are great as well but Melbourne has my heart!

WE have two children (11 and 8)

Cheryl
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Hi David,

We are heading for Melbourne. Have close Aunt and Uncle and three cousins in Melbourne, also Uncle and two cousins in Brisbane. Friends moved to Adelaide and others moved to Perth both sets loving it and have made a great sucess of their new lives. We have been over several times and have just booked validation trip for 20th October cannot wait. I love Melbourne feels like home, other locations are great as well but Melbourne has my heart!

WE have two children (11 and 8)

Cheryl
sounds brill, good luck with the move, we have just completed uploading our visa, so it is done, now for the wait, bad enough with the TRA but now who knows how long, anyway the wait will be worth it.

sharon
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi Sharon

I think I will be uploading our visa this week. I have filled out the form when they were first available but it didn't allocate any points for english language, have they rectified that yet? Or did you submit anyway on the assumption that they would use their common sense and add them as a matter of course?

How many documents did you upload, I have about 40 to go with it, but I have compressed them all so they should upload fairly easily.

We'll both be September applicants, we can follow each other's progress!

Regards,

Carla
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

[QUOTE=carla-trev;5294845]Hi Sharon

I think I will be uploading our visa this week. I have filled out the form when they were first available but it didn't allocate any points for english language, have they rectified that yet? Or did you submit anyway on the assumption that they would use their common sense and add them as a matter of course?

How many documents did you upload, I have about 40 to go with it, but I have compressed them all so they should upload fairly easily.

We'll both be September applicants, we can follow each other's progress!

Regards,

hi carla

in the box that requests ielts select competent and it will give you the automatic 15 points, in the box above type uk passport holder and for the cert number for elts just type in 00000000000,
you will need to have your french pcc done it takes 2 weeks is free and will have to be translated, remember all the files you upload to the link have to be less than 1000kb or it will not except them (convert to pdf doc is best) any problems let us know and will help

regards

dave & sharon
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sharon

Who did you get to translate your pcc's? I have used a translator called Norrey Hopkins but she has changed her fee scale and it is a minimum of 50 euros now!

Carla
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=carla-trev;5295278]Thanks Sharon

Who did you get to translate your pcc's? I have used a translator called Norrey Hopkins but she has changed her fee scale and it is a minimum of 50 euros now!

Carla[/QUOTE

hi carla
not had the french pcc back yet so not arranged for translator, my friend at the chambre of commerce in angouleme knows someone who is accredited

david
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi David

Have you been requested to get your pcc's yet? I know that those applying online seem to be getting medicals and pcc's requested within a matter of days.

Hopefully they will get processed really quickly - the sooner we get out of this country the better! Although have got to sell the house first.........

Norrey Hopkins is a NAATI registered translator living in France. She has been really good in the past for getting Trev's Artisan stuff translated but she is now charging a minimum of 50 euros, which is quite steep for one document - perhaps we could send them together?????

Regards

Carla
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carla-trev
Hi David

Have you been requested to get your pcc's yet? I know that those applying online seem to be getting medicals and pcc's requested within a matter of days.

Hopefully they will get processed really quickly - the sooner we get out of this country the better! Although have got to sell the house first.........

Norrey Hopkins is a NAATI registered translator living in France. She has been really good in the past for getting Trev's Artisan stuff translated but she is now charging a minimum of 50 euros, which is quite steep for one document - perhaps we could send them together?????

Regards

Carla
Hi Carla

Do you mean that if we send 4 documents in together it would just cost us 50 euros, because if that is the case it seems to be the answer, have you sent for yours yet.

sharon
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Hi Carla

Do you mean that if we send 4 documents in together it would just cost us 50 euros, because if that is the case it seems to be the answer, have you sent for yours yet.

sharon
I mean have you sent for your police checks lol
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

BECCY.FR is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Europe To Oz

i knew we weren't the only one's! i dont think that until i started reading all this stuff on this site (esspcally this thread) did i realize how pissed off i am in france(can you tell i've just had a 2500 bill off urssaf).sorry to start with a rant! we've been here nearly 4 years,not far from cognac.would love to go to aus but it feels like thing are conspiring against us,ie time and money.im 43 and a half and the times i've been reading about to get prosecced leaves it all a bit tight.every thing you have said rings so true,my speaking of french virtually none exsistent,although i can under stand alot more these days,OH doing ok but knows it wouldn't be good enough for a job,kid'swho are 8 and 9 are now to all intent and purpose are french!(except to our eternal shame they love eastender's).i can't believe you have no english near you ,we have two others on our street!don't get me completely wrong i know i should try harder with the language but my brain ain't wired that way it's going to be 20 years till i can have the "crack" with the lads at the builder's merchant or the local bar or rugby club!we have got some great friends around us all english and all struggling in pretty much the same way and 90 percent of the french we know are really nice and when we can get past the language thing will help us out.not really looking forward to another of these winters(no body told us it was this cold down here,colder than the north of england me think's)again sorry for the rant,right now where do i sign
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BECCY.FR
i knew we weren't the only one's! i dont think that until i started reading all this stuff on this site (esspcally this thread) did i realize how pissed off i am in france(can you tell i've just had a 2500 bill off urssaf).sorry to start with a rant! we've been here nearly 4 years,not far from cognac.would love to go to aus but it feels like thing are conspiring against us,ie time and money.im 43 and a half and the times i've been reading about to get prosecced leaves it all a bit tight.every thing you have said rings so true,my speaking of french virtually none exsistent,although i can under stand alot more these days,OH doing ok but knows it wouldn't be good enough for a job,kid'swho are 8 and 9 are now to all intent and purpose are french!(except to our eternal shame they love eastender's).i can't believe you have no english near you ,we have two others on our street!don't get me completely wrong i know i should try harder with the language but my brain ain't wired that way it's going to be 20 years till i can have the "crack" with the lads at the builder's merchant or the local bar or rugby club!we have got some great friends around us all english and all struggling in pretty much the same way and 90 percent of the french we know are really nice and when we can get past the language thing will help us out.not really looking forward to another of these winters(no body told us it was this cold down here,colder than the north of england me think's)again sorry for the rant,right now where do i sign
Hi
Do what i do and rant and rave at your hubby
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

lulubel will become famous soon enoughlulubel will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

I am in the same boat aswell, I too will proberly never work over here as it is very difficult unless you are very fluent in french and even then it is difficult for women. Myself and my husband wanted to go to Australia before moving here also but as my oh age was against us at the time we opted for a better life in France? Yes it is better than England and no we will never go back there but it is isolating being in a little commune and having to drive everywhere. My kids are having a great time they speak french love school but are looking forward to the sunshine that Oz offers. It will be sooo much better for me to be able to have a proper conversation with people without just keep on grinning and craning my neck to understand everything they say and not getting the wrong end of the stick which can be quite amusing to!

Still don't get me wrong we have enjoyed our life here in France the freedom of doing what we want when we want and being able to spend more time with our children especially for my oh. But the same will come in Australia too. The weather means that you can have a more outdoor life and the children hopefully will be more sporty! and perhaps me to!

We are going on an Rmsm visa, our sponsor has lodged his application so any day soon we will know. Done our meds ppc checks early as we did want to be there for christmas but now know that's not going to happen because of delays with so many people applying.

We are in Brittany near Morlaix.

So good luck to everyone and keep on smiling it will happen.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

lulubel will become famous soon enoughlulubel will become famous soon enough

Hi again,

We got our french police checks back and they had nothing on them to translate just a spiraly pattern and a big diagonal line through the whole page how can you translate that? so just sent them off. At the bottom something like article can't remember the number! they were also very quick like less than 1 week. Quicker than England! 45 days we waited.

Yes I can't wait to leave France now that I know we are planning on Oz it's just not quick enough for me. There aren't any English around me oh sorry one couple who are like retired in their seventies and would so love me to go round with three noisy kids!!

Still at least I have gmtv and this morning normality! We did all go to Jersey for a day trip shopping and baked beans bacon chocolate and shops yipee.

I do feel that I have lost it sometimes here I had so many friends back in England to pop in for coffee now it's quite lonely.

Still better go before you all qet the hankies out!!

Are you all addicted to this site, I cannot stop coming on here every 5 minutes to see if there is anything exciting. Sad life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.