British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   EOI Timings (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/eoi-timings-904152/)

jon111 Oct 4th 2017 8:31 pm

EOI Timings

hi all im sure this has been asked a million times but

i have 2 mates and were all doing an eoi

were all plumbers

first mate - 75 points gets invitation in 1 week

second mate - 65 poins invite in 2 weeks

me - 60 points (as i dont want to do ielts again) still waiting mind you only been 3 weeks but is it better to do ielts test again get superior to get another 10 points or not. i dont mind the wait but not if its going to be months and months......

TeeTMI Oct 4th 2017 11:44 pm

Re: EOI Timings

In recent round of invitations a score of at least 65 points has been required.

Whilst it has been reducing, it is difficult to predict into the future as to when it might reach 60 points, and how long it will take the backlog will clear again as this depends upon a variety of variables that will occur in the future.

lam351444 Oct 5th 2017 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by jon111 (Post 12353816)
hi all im sure this has been asked a million times but

i have 2 mates and were all doing an eoi

were all plumbers

first mate - 75 points gets invitation in 1 week

second mate - 65 poins invite in 2 weeks

me - 60 points (as i dont want to do ielts again) still waiting mind you only been 3 weeks but is it better to do ielts test again get superior to get another 10 points or not. i dont mind the wait but not if its going to be months and months......

Same here, 60 points, dont want to do ielts again....

jon111 Oct 5th 2017 4:33 pm

oh right so it doesnt work on length of time your eoi has been in purely on points so if another 1000 people with 65 points apply ill be at the back of the que again?

lam351444 Oct 5th 2017 4:56 pm

see which occupation, some pro rata occupation usually got higher scores than 65.

just keep an eye on the DIBP website: 20 September 2017 round results

Dmorgan07 Oct 7th 2017 11:11 am

Originally Posted by jon111 (Post 12354381)
oh right so it doesnt work on length of time your eoi has been in purely on points so if another 1000 people with 65 points apply ill be at the back of the que again?

Yes anyone with more points is given an invite first. You are ranked every round against the other eois- they give out to the highest points first then filter down until all the places are taken for that round (the prorata occupations such as accountancy have their own arrangements). If the all the places are given out, the person who applied first gets in, as in if two people with 65 points are vying for the last place and one applied the 7th october, the other the 8th- the one with the 7th gets in first. You can check on DIBP under invitation rounds what the lowest score that got in was and what date.

Hope this helps

I put in an eoi with 65 points on the 14th September, and was offered an invite during the 4th October round.

carcajou Oct 7th 2017 11:30 am

It is not "60 and you are [eventually] in." They rank based on points total. So if someone submits tomorrow and is on 65 points, they will be given an invitation before you.

As for whether to re-do IELTS - do you want to come to Australia or not?

Dmorgan07 Oct 7th 2017 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by carcajou (Post 12355728)
It is not "60 and you are [eventually] in." They rank based on points total. So if someone submits tomorrow and is on 65 points, they will be given an invitation before you.

Yeah that's what I thought happened but I'm still new at all the immigration stuff so I might've been wrong :)

I think redoing the ielts should be based on how quickly you want to get offered a visa. I suppose no-one can guarantee when or if they get invited, it depends on the occupation ceiling too. I would check how the places for your occupation are filling up too. If you have 60 points now with 10 points for ielts, the extra 10 will put you 70 and then you will be invited above all the people with 65 points.

jon111 Oct 8th 2017 10:36 am

Originally Posted by carcajou (Post 12355728)

thats what i was asking if someone has 65 points applies now they get first wasnt sure if that was how it worked :)

as for do i want to come to Australia or not is a bit of a pointless question! and re doing ielts i dont want to do it again as its a miracle i scored so high on everything and got a 7 in listening so i could do it 10 times over and not get anywhere near all 8s. i spend all my time on the tools and not writing emails in an office or on a phone so being as i havnt written a letter in 16 years found it very difficult. its not a case of not wanting to do it again as such more a wont achieve enough points ever on it to get superior.