British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   EOI points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/eoi-points-834997/)

budeman May 27th 2014 8:39 pm

EOI points

Hi,

I am just trying to lodge my EOI online and when I have filled in all the details it says I have 55 points, although I think I should have 60.

My calculation is as follows.

Age 39 25 points
IELTS score (overall 8) 20 points
ACCA full membership - 15 points

The ACCA was positively assessed by the ICAA as qualification title Bachelor.

Rather than put my education down as 'other education assessed by a recognised body' should I just put it down as a 'Bachelors degree - other' as that is what the ICAA have ranked it as?

Thanks,

Mark.

Bermudashorts May 27th 2014 8:59 pm

Re: EOI points

ACCA is not a bachelor degree, so no I would not put it down as such. But it down as what it is.

budeman May 27th 2014 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 11278118)
ACCA is not a bachelor degree, so no I would not put it down as such. But it down as what it is.

I did initially leave it as ACCA but then it calculated my points as 55 - I'm guessing that it only awarded me with 10 points, so I would not have enough to apply. When I spoke to a migration agent they did advise that as it was equivalent to a bachelor's I would be able to claim 15 points for it so am confused as to how to claim?

Bermudashorts May 27th 2014 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by budeman (Post 11278135)
I did initially leave it as ACCA but then it calculated my points as 55 - I'm guessing that it only awarded me with 10 points, so I would not have enough to apply. When I spoke to a migration agent they did advise that as it was equivalent to a bachelor's I would be able to claim 15 points for it so am confused as to how to claim?

Hmm ok, I don't know the practicalities of an EOI as I did not need to do one when I applied. I agree that it is worth 15 points though, so if it is only way to recognise that well ... Does it definitely not say degree or equivalent?

old.sparkles May 28th 2014 8:38 am

Originally Posted by budeman (Post 11278072)
Hi,

I am just trying to lodge my EOI online and when I have filled in all the details it says I have 55 points, although I think I should have 60.

Age 39 25 points

Rather than put my education down as 'other education assessed by a recognised body' should I just put it down as a 'Bachelors degree - other' as that is what the ICAA have ranked it as?

Thanks,

Mark.

Just to confirm, IELTS score should be score in each test, not overall score.

Have you got any points from work experience to boost your score?

peaceboy May 28th 2014 11:57 am

Originally Posted by budeman (Post 11278072)
Hi,

Age 39 25 points

Thanks,

Mark.

Have you ever considered the State Sponsorship? if you can secure a State Sponsorship you can gain another 5 points.

Cheers,
PB :thumbup:

budeman May 28th 2014 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 11278669)
Just to confirm, IELTS score should be score in each test, not overall score.

Have you got any points from work experience to boost your score?

Sorry should have said, yes 8 was my lowest score in any of the band's so I can claim the 20 points.

Work experience wise, although I have been working as an accountant for many years, I only passed the last exam and gained full membership in August last year.

budeman May 28th 2014 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by peaceboy (Post 11278860)
Have you ever considered the State Sponsorship? if you can secure a State Sponsorship you can gain another 5 points.

Cheers,
PB :thumbup:

Thanks I didn't consider it but I am looking to move to WA and accountants aren't their list.

I did speak with a migration agent previously who advised I have enough points but it's just how to account for them on the EOI.

Thanks for the suggestions though.